Worth Bringing a Car?

We were just there, staying at Kidani and we’re about to take the bus to MK. I checked the app and it said the next bus was scheduled to arrive in 20 minutes. In that 20 minutes, we drove to the park (paid to park in preferred), took the ferry, and we’re standing on Main Street. The bus likely had another 20-30 minutes to arrive. Another nice advantage to having a car is that we ate offsite more than any other trip, saving a bunch of $$.

We always have a car - the one time we didn’t my husband declared he would never come back without one.
This is exactly the same for us, down to my husband saying never again without a car. We fly and then book a rental to pick up and drop off at MCO. Unless we can walk to a park easily, we drive. Then we load the kids in the car around lunchtime and either head to the villa for lunch or offsite for lunch.

We refuse to do WDW without a car, MK is the only real issue but I would still rather deal with the TTC then the buses.

Having a car does let you go for grocery runs and eat outside the park which can save a lot of money. You can also visit Universal and Sea World.

MCO is no joke, and a car might be worth it just to avoid that and the Lyft situation, depending on how far you are driving. I might drive to AK, because the parking isn't terrible. Bus transportation to Epcot resorts will be fine from MK, even with 4 kids and a double stroller. I've done it alone with a double stroller plenty.

Edit: 19 HOURS?!!! Nevermind. Just fly and take the bus. Try not to check bags, just use the DVC laundry. It's better than baggage claim at MCO.
Ha yes 19 hours! We are in Jersey. My friend in Orlando’s husband runs a limo service so I’m not worried about getting from the airport on-site, it’s just travel within the property.

You have all now thrown me a wrench. 50% on one side and 50% on the other. I’ll wait until the flights come out and decide. Since it’s Frontier who knows but originally I posted this trying to decide if I should book an extra DVC night if we flew. I guess if we fly we’ll just head home a day early. Not the worst scenario. Driving we would leave a day early anyway and break the trip up into two days. Ahhh the joys of planning a Disney vaca.

We’re are your neighbor living in PA. We always drive to Disney - family of 5. It takes two days, but the drive is easy once we get out of WV. We stop halfway in Poller GA. We will fly on occasion, but our preference is driving. Kids do well in the car with snacks. We bought two portable TVs that we hook up to Disney+ so for them it’s fun since they get to watch movies nonstop haha.

We’re are your neighbor living in PA. We always drive to Disney - family of 5. It takes two days, but the drive is easy once we get out of WV. We stop halfway in Poller GA. We will fly on occasion, but our preference is driving. Kids do well in the car with snacks. We bought two portable TVs that we hook up to Disney+ so for them it’s fun since they get to watch movies nonstop haha.
The older kids I totally agree would be fine watching nonstop tv for two days. The 2yo is my wildcard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter