World Showcase passport stamps. Ideas?

Carolc

Disneyland is... a source of joy and inspiration t
Hi experts... I'm a newbie to scrapbooking! (Well, maybe not totally new to it, but I'm not that good yet ;) ).

You guys have inspired me... the photos in the virtual scrapbook thread are amazing! I am going to WDW in a few weeks, and will look for/save as many things as possible. Hopefully I will eventually figure out a nice way to utilize some of them when I get home.

I'd like to utilize the stamps that CM ordinarily put in the kids' passport books (I assume they wouldn't mind if you ask them to stamp something else?). Do you have some ideas for collecting or displaying these stamps in a scrapbook? I can't decide if I should just ask them to stamp plain white paper or if I should prepare something fancier for them to stamp. Any suggestions? (any photos?)

Oh, and how do you guys come up with such nice lettering? Do you buy stickers or do you print them on a computer?

:thanks:

Carolc said:
Hi experts... I'm a newbie to scrapbooking! (Well, maybe not totally new to it, but I'm not that good yet ;) ).

You guys have inspired me... the photos in the virtual scrapbook thread are amazing! I am going to WDW in a few weeks, and will look for/save as many things as possible. Hopefully I will eventually figure out a nice way to utilize some of them when I get home.

I'd like to utilize the stamps that CM ordinarily put in the kids' passport books (I assume they wouldn't mind if you ask them to stamp something else?). Do you have some ideas for collecting or displaying these stamps in a scrapbook? I can't decide if I should just ask them to stamp plain white paper or if I should prepare something fancier for them to stamp. Any suggestions? (any photos?)

Oh, and how do you guys come up with such nice lettering? Do you buy stickers or do you print them on a computer?

:thanks:

A quick idea off the top of my head would be to ask them to put them on tags or small squares (I'd say 2x2 to make sure there is enough room) and put them on cardstock... I'd even consider double or triple matting them depending up on the countries flag colors....
Now, off to write this idea down for next years trip!!
Very good idea!!!!
Most of my lettering comes off the computer... I hate to buy the stickers because I always seem to run out of one letter that I really need multiples of.. but that is just me.

Let me see if I can put my hands on it quickly & post a couple pix for you.

I had them stamp a piece of whit card stock and than each country got a page in my scrapbook.

When I go next year I plan on doing the whole passport thing. Then when I scrapbook pages for Epcot, I plan on just adhering the back cover of the passport onto the page. That way people can flip through it if they'd like.

Sorry - I thought I'd scanned it a while ago to print & use in the scrapbook...but I can't find the files on my computer. And who knows what DD has done with the actual passport! :( I'll keep looking though.

I found a (Jolees) passport book in the scrapbook section of Wal Mart. There are about 6 pages. Think the CMs would mind stamping it? At $2, it's more affordable than the ones at the park. I was thinking of putting it at the front of my book (or on a page just before my WS pages).

Any other ideas for those stamps? I've seen some nice 'travel tags' in a book I have. Any one have some photos of adorned tags? That might be a nice place to put a stamp.

I usually use these for lettering since I dont have a 12x12 printer :

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=37480

They have a whole bunch of different colors/fonts and sizes at hobby lobby. But wait until they run them for half off, which usually happens atleast ever other month if not every month.

I really like the idea of putting them on tags and making them look like luggage tags. I think I will do that on my next trip. They have stamped other things for us before, most specifically the mask/stick that you get at the Kidcot centers. Does the US pavillion have a stamp too?

I actually made a pocket on my page and put the passport in it. That way, it can be pulled out and looked at. My pages are all in protectors so I adhered the clear pocket to the outside of the protector.

:wave2: Linda

Momeska said:
I actually made a pocket on my page and put the passport in it. That way, it can be pulled out and looked at. My pages are all in protectors so I adhered the clear pocket to the outside of the protector.

Interesting, Linda. Did you use the official Epcot passport or did you use something like what I found (Jolee's)?

Have a picture of your page?

Fran98765 said:
I really like the idea of putting them on tags and making them look like luggage tags. I think I will do that on my next trip. They have stamped other things for us before, most specifically the mask/stick that you get at the Kidcot centers. Does the US pavillion have a stamp too?
Yes, the US has a stamp!!!
:)

here's my question about the stamps.

I was thinking about having the CM's stamp a tag, and then writting something (my name, hello, welcome, magic, etc etc etc) in their native language.

the question is how big are the stamps? Are they long and skinny, small square, big square, circle, etc? I just want to make sure i'll have enough room for both the stamp and their writting!

Carolc...I used the actual passport and I'll try to post a picture. I'm not too good at this so I hope it works. My page is from 1999 so the passport may have changed in appearance, I'm not sure. Wish me luck!
WorldShowcase.jpg

Sorry about that last post being so large. I can't seem to figure out how to reduce it's size. I tried to on Photobucket but it's not working. Any suggestions??? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter