Workstation or storage cases?

Amyg

DIS Veteran
How do you store all your stuff? I currently have a Creative Memories bag and a separate CM sticker holder that also stores a few tools; but then I also have about 4 12 x 12 plastic boxes for paper; 3 little boxes for tools and embellishments. This is getting too complicated when I have to scrapbook!

So how do you store all your stuff and yet keep it all easily accessible? I'd love to set up a work station and not have to open up 10 different storage containers. I have cats plus my house can get pretty dusty so I can't have anything that stay's open. I saw a PERFECT work station that closes up but I found out the price is about $2,000! YIKES!

Any ideas?

I have a big black roller bag, scrap book accessories holder kind of thing, and also have a work station set up. We don't currently have anyone in the spare room, so I have a card table set up in there. I love having the table set up, it makes things so much easier. When I was done tonight, I just walked away!! Makes it easy to go back to when I know I don't have to pull everything out.

P.S. When I read over this, I guess I didn't really describe my bag very well. It is quite large, holds everything, including paper. It has zippers that open on 3 sides, with lots of pockets. I love it, and is very useful when I go scrap book some where else.

I took over the guest room and now it's a scrapping spot. In part, I blame my cats. They get into and onto everything so I really needed somewhere with a door. Now, it's become the place where my friends come to scrap, and we store all of our communal purchases.

Amyg said:
I have cats plus my house can get pretty dusty so I can't have anything that stay's open.

I think we live in the same house!!! :rotfl2:

We have a spare bedroom in our house that we don't use (since it's just me and DH). He keeps the laundry rack in there, and the rest of it is for my scrap stuff. I have a rolling tote thing (made by Cropper Hopper), but I have it full and then more stuff. The one thing I just bought that I LOVE is this rolling stand thing from Walmart. It has 6 drawers--different depths, stacked up, and it rolls. I have filled it with the stuff I use most often, and if I want to work for a little while in the living room I can just roll it out. My smallest cat wanted to use the top of it for a resting spot (you know how that goes) when it is in the living room, but she can't get into anything in it, so it's ok.

Good luck! :cheer2:

StitchIsOurHero said:
I think we live in the same house!!! :rotfl2:

We have a spare bedroom in our house that we don't use (since it's just me and DH). He keeps the laundry rack in there, and the rest of it is for my scrap stuff. I have a rolling tote thing (made by Cropper Hopper), but I have it full and then more stuff. The one thing I just bought that I LOVE is this rolling stand thing from Walmart. It has 6 drawers--different depths, stacked up, and it rolls. I have filled it with the stuff I use most often, and if I want to work for a little while in the living room I can just roll it out. My smallest cat wanted to use the top of it for a resting spot (you know how that goes) when it is in the living room, but she can't get into anything in it, so it's ok.

Good luck! :cheer2:

Hmmm...maybe that's what I need, a rolling drawer cart. We have a "computer room" that I can set up as a craft room but I just needed ideas for what type of storage system would be best so that I can easily find stuff and not have to put everything back as I'm currently doing.

Littlelambie:

Is your bag large enough to store most everything? I just have way too much stuff and it would weigh a hundred pounds if I kept it in one bag, hehe!

It is definately big enough, but can get very heavy when I need to move it. In the old house, it was the only place I had to keep my stuff, but now that we have more room I don't need to keep everything in it. When I do need to go someplace, I am just selective in what I take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter