Word Shape Album

LindaBabe

DIS Veteran
I'm preparing to do my first word shape album (BELIEVE). Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the paper coverage 'just so'? especially around the curvy bits of the letters. What's the best way to cover the raw edges of the chip board?

I never actually cover the edges, I leave the paper just a hair too long and sand it into the edge and ink.

I did the same thing, left it a little long and sanded the edges and inked. I used a small emery board in the small places. I did the word Believe, too. But now I can't decide which pictures to use, so I just keep putting it back on the shelf!

I was just looking at these online. How do you attach the paper to begin with? Does it come as a kit or individual pieces? If it was a kit what was included? How much was it? Sorry for all the questions. I thought they were interesting but I don't know much about them.

I haven't worked with a word one but they do come in pieces with the rings to hold them. I like Zip Dry on chipboard albums.

I used Mod Podge and a small sponge brush, heavy weight paper, mine was basicgrey. This was what they were using to teach a class. I wasn't able to do the class, but the teacher was at a crop with me and showed me the basics of how she did it. The chipboard word Believe was $6.99 at my LSS.

I got mine off ebay - I don't think it's a bo-bunny album - the dimensions are a little 'off'. It's not a kit, and if I had it to do over again, I think I would have started with a simpler word - those E's are a bear to sand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter