Woo Hoo - Just snagged an AKL/K Savanna view!

peabody58

I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!
Wow! 7 month availability in Jan 2023 is wide open for Savanna views at AKK. We just modified our 6 nt BLT S/S for a 6 nt AKL/K S/SV at the same # of pts (94). Using our 2010 BLT points works out to $150/nt (includes Pt cost and MF costs). I've always wanted to try an upscale view. Hoping with the cooler Jan temps, the animals will be more plentiful. I drink a pot of coffee on the balcony every morning.

We've done AKL (K & J) twice before in standard studios in Sept. DW was not too impressed previously due to the Sept heat, bugs/bees at pool and the 'exotic' food selections, but she got really excited about getting a Savanna view. I personalty love the theming of AKL, plus the under ground parking at Kidani. Off-site restaurants and grocery shopping are very quick and easy to get to (we have a car). I found the busses to/from the parks/DS very efficient and was never a problem.

So excited to return to the awesome AKL resort.

Last edited:
We have often enjoyed early evenings on the balcony watching the animals.

I am glad you got what you wanted!

You gonna love it. You should have a pretty good view. The Portuguese man-o-war are particularly stunning. The Zebras like to chase them. They stop and play dead if the Zebras get too close. Last time I was there, one stung a zebra and a Bongo had to pee on its leg. You can only get that kind of experience at AKL

You gonna love it. You should have a pretty good view. The Portuguese man-o-war are particularly stunning. The Zebras like to chase them. They stop and play dead if the Zebras get too close. Last time I was there, one stung a zebra and a Bongo had to pee on its leg. You can only get that kind of experience at AKL
I'm confused. I thought a mon o war was a sea creature? If they have zebras chasing those that's something I definitely need to see!

You should likely make room location requests through MS. One for Sunset savanna view (the large savanna which has more than 80% of the Kidani savanna view rooms, and has giraffes and zebras, which the much smaller Pembe savanna does not). A second request for either near the Timon elevator (on the south wing and gives you quick trip to bus station and not overly far from lobby), or near the Rafiki elevator (on the north wing and gives you shortest possible trip to the pool and is not overly far from the lobby)

Last edited:
Bought AKV just for that view. Never gets old! My fave view in DW. Enjoyyyy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter