Wonderful World Of Memories

maslex

DIS Veteran
I was on another message board reading some really old posts (about 2yrs old) I just got through reading one about the scrapbook store in DTD. (Wonderful World of Memories). The original poster commented on not having loose paper (only about 12 kits or so) plus some stickers, punches, etc.

Could someone tell me who has been there recently if there is more to choose from? Is there loose paper? Are they themed for each park? What else could I expect to find there.

Plus she also said that if you're taking a bus to DTD they drop you off in the back of DTD (which we are doing--we've never been to DTD) What else is at that end of the Marketplace? My DH and two boys (10 & 11) WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT want to spend any time in a scrapbook store. Something that is close, so when I am finished in there I can meet up with them and we can all then go to the Lego Store & Goofy's Candy Shoppe. I just purchased a bunch of Lego themed papers/stickers so I am excited to go see all those Lego statues. (I told DH that I wanted to go to that Lego Store "for the boys" but in reality I just wanted to take some pictures to make a scrapbook page or two. Is that sick or what? LOL

So could you tell me what I can expect in WWofM?

Nothing has changed since our last postings on the store. Disney doesn't want to deal with keeping track of the loose paper so they won't carry it. Nothing in DTD Marketplace is more than 1/2 mile away from anything else. You could go to the lego store and leave the boys playing there- there is an area to play with legos and build things and slip over to the store. Or you could get them ice cream at Ghiredli's and head over to the store. I have found there isn't much there not available at the parks- specific park or resrot packs are many times only available at that park or resort.

Rebecca

The Rainforest Cafe is right next to the Wonderful World of Memories. The boys might like looking at all the reptile toys in the shop while you go next door.

Be prepared to be disappointed. It's really a shame, as Disney could have a really great scrapbook store, with all the licensed Disney stuff out there.

Oh well, I guess if it'll be a big disappointment I'll skip it. It'll give me more time to take some Lego pictures. LOL

I'm really looking to get the new 2007 Disney album. So I'm sure I could find that at POP Century's store, right? If I see anything else there I could just grab it then. It's not like I don't have any Disney scrapbooking stuff already. (I could probably open my own store) :woohoo:

I was just there too. I wasn't really too impressed with the selection. There were a lot of kits, though. I saw one for 2007, one for princesses, one for the parks and others. There were a few stickers. They even have stickers for some of the countries, that look just like Jolee's or similar brands. I don't think I bought any scrapbooking supplies this time.

I've been swapping instead! (I did get some stickers to make stuff for swaps though... ;))

Just got back from WDW, stayed at the Pop -- all the kits at DTD were available at 'Everything Pop' so don't bother with WWofM. The parks each offer a few 'unique' selections, but I had more luck by specific rides (eg. there were specific stickers etc at Expedition Everest)

Alicia

Where do you swap things?

WE have a swap board below the scrapbooking board on the Creative Community...
At the top of the board is the info on the Swap Calendar when swap sign-ups or due dates are. There is also a swap glossary that explains the elements most of the swaps use.

We have newbie swaps and general swaps.. Newbie swaps are not for just beginners but for anyone just wanting to get their foot in the door and not overwhelm themselves..

Most of our swaps have 6-12 participants per group depending on the swap. So, you make the set number of elements.. mail them to the hostess, she swaps them out.. and you get the same number set returned to you... It's great because you have an awesome selection to work with!!!

Come on over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter