WLV Owners?

Shooby doo

DIS Veteran
Hi Folks:wave2:
Can any of you WLV owners tell me the best rooms/area to request? We have just got 7 nights here,booked when our 7 month opened up,& with the recent changes to OLCI I'm wondering what to put on our request?
Thanks in adavance
SD:thumbsup2

lake side (even if you can't see the lake) close to the elevators

the other side toward the buses and/or road is where all the undesirable views are located

I agree with Pat. We always request floor 3 or higher, lake side and near the elevators. Normally we get floor 3 and lakeside and as far away from those dang elevators as you can get. :lmao:

It's the smallest of the DVC resorts at WDW. And most of the views are trees, trees and more trees. We don't make a request when we stay at VWL.

We were on the third floor and faced the road I guess, but you couldn't really see it through the trees...very nice balcony

I concur with Deb & Bill, any room - trees, trees, and, oh yeah; did I mention trees . . . don't forget to listen for the boat horns in the morning when drinking your coffee on the balcony.

All i care is that I have a room close to the Elevator. That is all that matters to me.

Thanks folks we're just really happy that we managed to get 2 Studios,we were going to go a for a 1 bed but a friend is flying in from Australia via Canada, to spend some time with us, so that scuppered that plan.
I take it we check-in in the main WL building ? We have only ever been to the resort to eat!

Thanks folks we're just really happy that we managed to get 2 Studios,we were going to go a for a 1 bed but a friend is flying in from Australia via Canada, to spend some time with us, so that scuppered that plan.
I take it we check-in in the main WL building ? We have only ever been to the resort to eat!

Yes, all check in for both the lodge and the villas is at the lodge.

Also interested in where to ask for rooms. We have a 2br and a Studio booked for 5/19-5/25/12. Naturally we want both rooms to be close to each other. There are no mobility issues for any of us so that is not a concern. As repeated here, I have read that upper floor rooms have the best chance, although slim, for a view of some kind. With that said though, a view would be 3rd on our list behind room size and convenience to the elevator.
- Should we request a dedicated 2br or not?
- Are the odd shaped 2br near the elevator (4519, 4528) larger than the conventional shaped 2br (4508, 4512, 5537, etc)?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I know that a specific room cannot be guaranteed but it doesn't hurt to request one or a general area. TIA.

Also interested in where to ask for rooms. We have a 2br and a Studio booked for 5/19-5/25/12. Naturally we want both rooms to be close to each other. There are no mobility issues for any of us so that is not a concern. As repeated here, I have read that upper floor rooms have the best chance, although slim, for a view of some kind. With that said though, a view would be 3rd on our list behind room size and convenience to the elevator.
- Should we request a dedicated 2br or not?
- Are the odd shaped 2br near the elevator (4519, 4528) larger than the conventional shaped 2br (4508, 4512, 5537, etc)?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I know that a specific room cannot be guaranteed but it doesn't hurt to request one or a general area. TIA.
Third floor or higher and overlooking the pool have been the best rooms for us. Many offer at least a glimpse through the trees and have given us good views of Wishes above the main lodge building. The others are correct in that there are trees galore. If you have no mobility issues, then being close to the elevators isn't a big deal--the hallways aren't that long. Also, by trying to stay close to the pool view, you will nix the chance of getting the dumpster view which is at the very end of the hallway, and truly the only undesirable location at VWL. Good luck!

there is a map someplace.

most of the dedicated 2-bedroom are on the 5th floor - but very few if any of the studios are on this floor.

found it
http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/villas-at-wilderness-lodge/maps-a-photos

thanks tim!

Thanks for the link!

I was just checking out the floor plans. Are the dedicated 1BR suites surrounding the elevator noticeably bigger than the other 1BR at VWL? In particular, Rooms X517 and X523 appear be appreciably bigger than the majority of other 1BRs (mostly lock-offs).

We stayed at VWL for a week last year and will be there for 9 nights this summer. I am wondering if I should request one of these rooms by the elevator (?).

Thanks!

Upon further inspection, even the other 1BR down near the elevators (X504, X507, and X511) appear larger then the ones down the longer hall.

Is this true? Or is the diagram not quite to scale?

I always preferred a high floor on the lake side. Never really cared about overlooking the pool. Are larger rooms one of the reasons some suggest requesting rooms overlooking the pool?

Thanks!

We stayed in 1504 and I guess I have no basis for comparison, other than peeking into doors when they were open, but our room was very spacious, and very private. We have two small kids and used a stroller so being on the first floor was perfect for us. The "view" was non-existent since the trees around our patio were so thick, but it would have had us looking right into rooms in the main lodge. I didn't make any room requests because, frankly, we weren't going for the view and didn't think we'd be spending much time in the room anyway, and the location ended up being perfect for us. It was right by a door (so easy access with the stroller), and we didn't have any rooms on three sides, which was good since our son did cry a bit every night time and nap time, and we were really concerned about bothering other guests.

Upon further inspection, even the other 1BR down near the elevators (X504, X507, and X511) appear larger then the ones down the longer hall.

Is this true? Or is the diagram not quite to scale?

I always preferred a high floor on the lake side. Never really cared about overlooking the pool. Are larger rooms one of the reasons some suggest requesting rooms overlooking the pool?

Thanks!

don't think it is too scale - just has to fit on a regular sheet of paper. it was what the front desk used to find you a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter