WL renovations

Tiffany38

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip for September 2017. How far along will WL renovations be by then, specifically the leisure pool, movies on the beach, and the campfire?

No one can really answer that. Permits for construction go all the way through 2017. September 2017 is currently 18 months out, which is a lot of time for the project to have delays in.

Presumably, the leisure pool ought to be done, but the bungalow construction is likely to have ongoing impacts to most other amenities and is the piece with the longest time horizon.

My policy is to wait until a year after construction is completed to get the bugs worked out and the CM's up to speed.

:earsboy: Bill

Just curious - Is the construction and renovations bad enough so that you can't get a good view of anything and distracting? My wife really like this resort and would like to stay there but we are concerned about all the renovations "wrecking" our resort experience.

Just curious - Is the construction and renovations bad enough so that you can't get a good view of anything and distracting? My wife really like this resort and would like to stay there but we are concerned about all the renovations "wrecking" our resort experience.

I would wait, you are paying the same money for a lesser product.

:earsboy: Bill

If you go to this post in the VWL groupies thread you'll see some pictures taken from the lakeside of the villas in mid-Dec:

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors’ Edition)

Of course work will go on and this will change but you can see how extensive it is and where they are starting from. The views from the other side of the building will look normal as the project does not surround the building.

That said, most people will request "away from construction" as their request. Not everyone will get it. If the potential for the construction view would be a big negative for you, it's something to consider. With DVC looking for 90%+ occupancy, someone's got to look at the pit of dirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter