Wk of Sep 14 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Hey WISHers!

Just finished week 7 of my starting all over program. ;)

Completed almost 14 miles this week, average pace for the week was 11:39.

Ran today with my new Cho-Pat dual action knee strap. I did OK with it and it didn't slide as much as the IT band wrap.

My new Skirt Sports GymGirl Ultra isn't as great as I was hoping it would be. I have a couple of the old GymGirls and the shorts underneath really don't seem that much different. It says the shorts run much smaller, but I find them to be almost the same. If only I could find something that didn't ride up! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I had one running skort that didn't ride up and my IT band wrap's velcro ripped it all up and I'm so bummed about that... They don't make that style anymore.

Wednesday I had a weird experience out running. Some creepy guy was riding his bike around our neighborhood aimlessly. He wasn't riding it for exercise for sure and I've never seen him before. The first time I saw him I ran back home and got my personal arm alarm, mace and cell phone. I know I should be running with these things anyway, but this was my reminder for sure! I passed him a few more times after that. DH wonders if he was casing the neighborhood. It was early in the morning, but most of the morning traffic was already gone so the neighborhood was kinda quiet. I just don't understand what he was doing! :confused3

Rock on WISHers and have a great weekend! :goodvibes

My new Skirt Sports GymGirl Ultra isn't as great as I was hoping it would be. I have a couple of the old GymGirls and the shorts underneath really don't seem that much different. It says the shorts run much smaller, but I find them to be almost the same. If only I could find something that didn't ride up! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Shan - Have you thought about trying one of the running skirts with just briefs underneath? I find them a lot more comfortable. The ones from runningskirts.com seem to have the longest length and I haven't had an issue with feeling "overexposed"...

OMG, I am now registered for a 5K at the Phoenixville run and the 8k at the Philly Marathon.

At this rate, the Race for the Cure next year will be nothing.

Anyone know about races in the area around Christmas time? I should be ready for a 15 k by then.

Shan - Have you thought about trying one of the running skirts with just briefs underneath? I find them a lot more comfortable. The ones from runningskirts.com seem to have the longest length and I haven't had an issue with feeling "overexposed"...

Ya, I actually have the Minnie one with the brief. (I bought it before they came out with the Minnie with the shorts underneath.) I have been wearing them with a pair of compression shorts underneath cause I'm worried about serious chafing. It is not working cause my cell phone on the pocket is weighing down the skirt and I'll look down and see my skirt is hanging low and my compression shorts are exposed. Good thing I wear the compression shorts underneath. :lmao:

Magix - PM windwaler (dave) or find teh thread that says "Dave, can I be on a team". You will get added adn then you just report your work out tiimes and distabnces.

ANNE!!!!!! We have missed you!!! SO glad you will get IWSH time for a couple weeks. EVen better that I will see you in November!

Shan - I have some by REI that don't ride up. Only ones. I've just been doing briefs with comp pants.

A fellow staff member from my clinic went to Maui Marathon and ran with his hair on fire.
Jeff: (aka old man) I was so picturing this literally! a la Hades in Hercules...:lmao: On the serious note though, is he okay? Definitely a good reminder for us all. By the way, will you be needing a cane or walker for the race? Perhaps some prune juice? *snickers*

Shan: That sounds creepy. If you see him again, I wouldn't hesitate to call the police and ask them to drive by. Better safe than sorry!

Well I had a short long run of 6 miles today. I swear I'm getting slower... oh well! I'd rather run slow forever than run fast and get hurt. And following some WISH logic I have heard before....if I'm slower then I'm running longer and that means I'm burning more calories (and therefore can have a few more :mickeybar and :cake: ). Anywho I have way too much reading to do for this week so I will be cherishing my running time.

pixiedust: for everyone along the Texas (& W. LA) border. Just b/c Ike is gone doesn't mean life is back to normal!

Editing note: hmm I never new that Disboards edits words for you...I actually put *s n i g g e r s* but it changed it to *s******s* Not sure why it did that but *snickers* works just as well...though it makes me hungry.

Ya, I actually have the Minnie one with the brief. (I bought it before they came out with the Minnie with the shorts underneath.) I have been wearing them with a pair of compression shorts underneath cause I'm worried about serious chafing. It is not working cause my cell phone on the pocket is weighing down the skirt and I'll look down and see my skirt is hanging low and my compression shorts are exposed. Good thing I wear the compression shorts underneath. :lmao:

I would have chafing issues but a healthy dose of body glide and I have no issues. Much better than the chaffing I get with shorts. You may want to watch out though if your skirt is falling down though!

Jeff: (aka old man) I was so picturing this literally! a la Hades in Hercules...:lmao: On the serious note though, is he okay? Definitely a good reminder for us all. By the way, will you be needing a cane or walker for the race? Perhaps some prune juice? *snickers*

Claire,

Yep, he lived to tell his story to Guru Les, who relayed it to me.

He was attempting his second marathon, trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon. He didn't make it in December, having cramped near the 23rd mile and had to walk in. This time he made it to mile 20.

I tell you, this guy is an amazing runner. Runs way faster than me. Just hasn't performed well on race day.

Yes, I will need some Geritol, prune juice, and an electric wheelchair to make it through Sunday's 5K and one miler (with my 10 year old). Imagine that, I was "89" years old when she was born. :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :laughing: :scared1: :eek: :scared:

...........assuming we both finish, how do you meet up with friends at the end?(WDW half marathon) Are there meeting points? How is that managed? We are both running but at different pace so need to met up at the end. (Then we are going on the cruise, woooooooooo hoooooooooo) Thanks again guys. :woohoo:

...........assuming we both finish, how do you meet up with friends at the end?(WDW half marathon) Are there meeting points? How is that managed? We are both running but at different pace so need to met up at the end. (Then we are going on the cruise, woooooooooo hoooooooooo) Thanks again guys. :woohoo:

Once you (1) finish, (2) get your metal, snack, and hydration, (3) take your picture, and (4) pick up your belongings, you are released into the tent area. Each tent has a letter (or letters) on it. The WISH team usually meets near tent "W" post-race. This is a handy area to meet up with any cheering friends or family that came with you. ...and then off to your cruise! (can i come?....I can fit in a large suitcase ;) )

Good Morning all my kooky WISH peeps!!

Went out this AM for a 4miler. Went pretty well, weather was nice early on and wasn't sweating until 1/2 mile in which is better than sweating right when I walk out the door.

Just wanted to pass on some info from the WDW resort...

*The new Extra Magic Hours (nighttime) policy is now taking place. It started Sunday at Magic Kingdom, but there was no information given that no wristbands would be given out. At 9 p.m. all attractions started asking for resort IDs for EACH person (even for the very young kiddies!) For the young kids without park tickets if they didn't have a Key to the World Card, any cast member at a FastPass kiosk could print an Extended Hours ticket that said they were a resort guest. The cast members said Disney is "Going Green" and they stopped the bands for that reason. Just be aware -- bring or get a clear lanyard to wear your resort card if you plan to stay late during the hours. Many parents were having difficulty trying to dig their cards out of big backpacks and diaper bags!

*The Disney Dining Experience has announced that it will be changing its name to "Tables in Wonderland." The change, which goes into effect September 15, 2008, will help differentiate the discount dining club from other Disney dining programs.

*REHABS/CLOSINGS:

Old Key West Village Pool Slide will be closed from January 5-23, 2009. The pool will remain open.
The Spirit of Aloha Dinner show will be closed January 13-19, 2009.

*Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be the host site of the inaugural Athletes for a Cure Triathlon taking place on September 21, 2008, to raise funds for the Prostate Cancer Foundation. The Prostate Cancer Foundation will receive $25 of each athlete's entry fee. All athletes will also have the opportunity to win awards ranging from 2XU race uniforms to a 7-day cruise by racing in the special Fundraising Division. For more information, see the Athletes for a Cure Triathlon website: http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....ranceAthletesforaCureTriathlonEventDetailPage

So, hope everyone is having a good Saturday so far.

Tracy

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I got up and did 9.5 miles with my Galloway Group. Bascially a new "frontier" for me. The only time I have come close was the Minnie and I walked more at the end on it. (Not to mention it was a HECK OF A LOT FLATTER) The woman who lays out our runs has a death wish. Seems like all of our LONG runs end with a long uphill slope..... The last mile was hard!

Luckily it's unseasonably cool here so it wasn't bad!

Tracy, It will be interesting to see how this new method works for EMH. I don't know.....

Jeff, I hope you surive that 5K (those kids will get you every time LOL!)

Claire. Take the "s" off your "banned" word and look at it. That's the problem. The censor program doesn't look for words it looks for "series" of letters... Your series spells a bad word LOL!

Shan, Not sure what to tell you on the skirt. For my long runs I use the Running skirt with the shorts in it and it works great! Almost all the others have "issues" with the shorts riding up etc. My second favorite skirt is one I bought a few years ago at Target, but the new ones there don't have pockets. I don't run with the cell phone though!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hello, Hello, hello......

Is this mike on????? Testing, testing, 1,2,3????

Where is everyone?? Must be a busy day of soccer/baseball/softball/football/gymnastics or something because no one is out there.

Anyhoo.....

I just got done watching my Hurricanes beat Texas A&M - Whooo hoooo:woohoo:

Go 'Canes!!!!

Have a good Saturday night everyone......

Hey Jeff ( :wave2: ), before you go to bed could you start a new weekley thread?? Thanks you're the best.

Happy Tracy :cheer2:

HI Racy Tracy...I'm just lurking around the boards. :) I ran 6 miles today and probably out for more tomorrow morning before I got to the final baseball game of the season for the A's.

I went out and got some Sorbothane inserts for my running shoes because my feet have been killing me after a run of 6 miles or more. I'm icing them right now and I have a little foot massager/roller...so hopefully that will help.

I hope everyone is having a great running weekend! Less than 4 months before we see all the WISHERS!!! Okay..I know Jeff has the count down clock on his computer...so I know he'll post the EXACT time. :rotfl:

HI Racy Tracy...I'm just lurking around the boards. :) I ran 6 miles today and probably out for more tomorrow morning before I got to the final baseball game of the season for the A's.

I went out and got some Sorbothane inserts for my running shoes because my feet have been killing me after a run of 6 miles or more. I'm icing them right now and I have a little foot massager/roller...so hopefully that will help.

I hope everyone is having a great running weekend! Less than 4 months before we see all the WISHERS!!! Okay..I know Jeff has the count down clock on his computer...so I know he'll post the EXACT time. :rotfl:

AS of 2:36 p.m. Hawaii standard time:

111 days, 10 hours, 24 minutes to the start of the Half Marathon on Saturday.

Hey, I did chores today. Long overdue chores, LOL. Cut the grass, washed, waxed, vacuumed the truck.

Lounging around afterwards, as the little Princess is still battling a cough for a week now. What does she want to do all day, watch Disney Channel. :happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter