Wk of Oct 8--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Dana, I hope your son starts feeling better soon! :wizard: :goodvibes

thundrmatt - hope your shin problems heal up soon. Before I started "training", I had a lot of shin problems. Now, with the help of a trainer, I'm trying to prevent this problem by doing exercises before and after my LR and during the week. However, I don't/can't run nearly as fast as you and as long (distance) as you. ;) Sending some :wizard: your way.

Today, according to MfM, I was to do a 3 miler for my long walk/run. I did it! In 45 min, 13 sec. Now, I know that this is nothing for most of you but it is quite an accomplishiment for me. I just HOPE and PRAY that I can keep it up. Here are my splits:

1 mile - 15:00
2 mile - 15:09
3 mile - 15:04

Happy running and walking, everyone! :cheer2:

:thumbsup2 Great split times, Susie!!!

:thumbsup2 Way to go, Nucpharm29, sticking with your DH *and* completeing your LR.

:thumbsup2 Nice job persevering through the elements, Dana!! Great time, too.

Thank you!!! You all have done it... I was leaning toward skipping my run today (the "I'm too tired" excuse). But I'd rather follow your examples and experience success instead of sitting here with my explanation of why I'm not out running. I'm lacing up the sneakers.

Quick healing to the sick children.

Happy weekend training/long runs to all.

Teri

Teri,

Man, I know what you mean! :teeth: All of you guys are what's keeping me going. :thumbsup2

I didn't want to walk/run today. I kept thinking - what's the use? I barely cleared 32 minutes for 2 miles last weekend. I knew that I would have to greatly improve upon that and I wasn't sure that I could. After the first mile, I was already tired. I didn't think I could keep it up. After a mile and a half, I was ready to head home. However, I talked myself into at least going the distance and not pushing myself so hard. I was greatly surprised when I finished the 2nd mile under 32 minutes. Somehow, and I don't know how, I managed to complete the 3 miles in a little over 45 minutes. I just hope my Garmin is accurate. :teeth:

Hope you had a good run!

Hey guys! Looks like everyone is having a good weekend.

Matt-sorry to hear about the shin splints. I know how frustrating those can be. I spent a couple of months battling them last year and it was absolutely no fun. Dave has very good advice. Trust me, they will eventually go away, even though it seems as if they never will. Treadmill running really does help, if you have access to one.

Christa--wow, that's a quick pace. You do realize that's almost a Boston qualifying pace (as if you hadn't thought of that, right)? :)

Dana--good job on your LR. And congrats on not feeling any pain. You guys from FL crack me up--weather in the 50's gets me pretty excited to run, and you Floridians are freezing. Of course, we're the one complaining when it's 90 and humid, and you guys are just fine cranking out 10 milers in that heat. Go figure.

I did 7 miles this morning at around a 9:15 pace. I'm trying to take it easy on these shorter LRs on Saturday so that I'm fresh for my LRs on Sunday. I only have 8 to do tomorrow (taper back week), so I'm looking forward to next weekend when I've got 7 on Saturday and 14 on Sunday. I'm probably being too anal by spacing these runs almost exactly 24 hours apart on the weekends, but I'm trying to simulate the Goofy weekend as closely as possible. Hope it'll pay off.

Oh yeah, I have to report in for Hines, too. Since Krista has been cross-training all week due to her ankle, she hasn't been able to run with him. So Thursday, I figured I'd take the good ole dog out on my run with me. Hines is happy to report that he can maintain an 8:30 pace for 3 miles. I dropped him off back home after the 3 and finished up my 5 miler on my own, but I'm thinking he could have probably finished with me, because when I put him in the backyard, he started running laps around the perimeter of the fence with the dog next door. Funny, after I finish a run, I like to lay around on the couch, not run laps with the dog next door. :)

Have a great rest of the weekend. Good luck training, all.

Steve

Hi everyone, I figured I would post since Stephen has the laptop booted up. I did 9 miles today and I'm happy, actually thrilled to report that I have zero pain in my ankle. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I do have quite a bit of pain in my foot from wearing my brace, but once I get used to wearing it again, I'll be golden. I did r2/w2, I don't know my splits because my Garmin is being psycho again, but my average pace was 11:03. It's funny, I normally do r5/w1 and my pace is about the same doing 2/2, I guess because when I run at 5/1, I keep my running pace around 10:00-10:30 and today with doing 2/2, I kept my running pace around 8:30-9:00. Maybe shorter running and longer walk breaks will be something to think about even when I'm not coming back from an injury. Hmmmmm. ;) Oh, I forgot to say, I took my first ice bath of the "season" today. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Carrie--I'm watching the OSU/Michigan State game right now. I'm going to guess you are not too happy.

Susie--Great job getting out there and doing your 3 miles. There are a lot of days when I don't feel like running and think about quitting, but man am I glad at the end of the run that I pushed through. I don't think there is a better feeling in the world.

Dana--Awesome job on your 12 miler today!! That's a great pace! I hope Michael is feeling better now.

Teri--Did you get out there and do your run? :thumbsup2

Jodi--How was your half marathon? I've been thinking about you today.

Stephanie--Great job on your run today! I hope your son is feeling better now too.

Wish I Live in FL-- :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: that the doctor can find out what the problem is and :wizard: :wizard: that it's nothing serious.

Good luck to everyone that still has to train this weekend or all of you crazy Goofy people!!!!

aladdinsgirl said:
Jodi--How was your half marathon? I've been thinking about you today.

Hi Krista :wave2: Thank you for thinking of me :goodvibes I was thinking of all of you (Dis Friends) today too!

Had a fantastic time - - I still need to make a post and I want to post some of the pictures.....It was really cold at the start but I warmed up in no time! I will post soon!

I was really tired by the time that I got home, I ended up taking a nap! I love my first medal! :goodvibes

WTG everyone who got out there and trained this weekend! Man we are getting close!

A NOTE TO ALL THE WALKERS OUT THERE!
OK...I went "hiking" today with the DDs on the trails I normally run. we walked an out and back. out 1.3 miles in 30 min and back 1.3 miles in 30 min pushing DD6 in a strolller and picking up every leaf and rock on the trail. I could not even imagine walking a whole marathon. So WTG all you walkers...you are doing something I don't think I could do. :banana:

Teri, And I thought it was only me who just did not want to get out of bed at 5:30 on a Saturday. I layed there for about 10 minutes and talked myself into getting my butt up and out. Man it helps to have others struggling through this too.

Christa, Girl, you are really getting those times down. I would advise you shoot for that sub 4 at Disney even with going Goofy. I am going to attempt a sub - 3:50 so maybe we will see each other out on the course.

Jodi, You hope that's good - hey, finishing a half marathon, no matter the time, is always good. In fact, it is awesome. Great JOB.

aladdinsgirl, Glad to hear the foot-ankle is doing better. Just don't get too dependent on that brace. How does it feel now. I know what you mean about the ice bath. I was already cold to the core this morning and the ice bath really didn't help.

For all those I missed, PD to those in need and great training all.

My training today, after talking myself into getting out of that nice warm bed, consisted of 17 miles at a heart rate less than 140 bpb - finished around 2:35 -and I really had to hold back to move slow enough to keep my heart rate down that low. I was glad I got up and can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. Good weekend all.

Jodi - WooHoo for the first medal. Congratulations!! :cool1:

Krista - Glad your ankle's feeling better!

GoofyGuy
- 17 Miles! Great job! Can't wait till I work my way back to that distance.

Susie - Great job on your r/w! :banana:

Christa - WTG on the 10-miler! I can only dream of being that fast :teeth:

Kathy - Glad to hear your shoulder's feeling ok.

:wizard: :wizard: for all those with sick little ones (or big ones).

I'm still fighting my cold, but was determined to get out and do something today. My goal was 5 miles, but I cut it short at 3.2. I could not breathe out of my nose at all :sad2: . I finished the 3.2 miles in 42:49 which is about a 14/mpm pace. I'm gonna try to do 4 miles in the morning. I'm gonna do a 2 mile out and back, so there's no choice but to finish the 4.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Terri

GO EAGLES!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter