Wishin' I was scrappin'....

pjlla

DIS Veteran
Well, we left home yesterday morning to come to my Mother's because we are without power. We packed up rather quickly and I did consider grabbing some scrapping stuff, but the thought of figuring out what I would need was overwhelming, so I didn't grab anything (truly, I was more concerned about the cat and guinea pigs and my melting refrigerator!). And now I am regretting it. The kids have gone caroling with my Mom and I have the next few hours to myself with no scrapping in site! POOP!

Last time I was here with some time to kill I had my camera with me.... I went to the local walmart and printed some of the pictures on my card, bought a pack of cardstock and a pack of adhesive and went to work! But sadly, I don't have my camera with me or any photos. I might go over to my shutterfly account and do some ordering.... at least that is something to do.

Anyone else ever have scrapping time but nothing to work on?? It's making me crazy!!.....................P

PJlla, I hear ya. Maybe now would be a good time to browse layouts online.:confused3 Hope your power is restored soon.

Pjlla - does your mom have old pix there you could put into layouts for a future scrapbook? Sometimes things appear that you would never have thought about before.

Well.... it looks like we will be here another day. No school tomorrow either and still no power at home. I do have pictures from our Disney trip this past April on my laptop here. I could burn them on a disc and take them to Walmart tonight to print. Just grab a pack of cardstock and I could AT LEAST get started! Better than nothing!

Plus I got my Mom into scrapping earlier this year, so she has a few basics I could borrow like a paper trimmer, corner rounder, etc. I think I'm going to do it! Thanks for listening to my lament!................P

You're not alone. I'm due to deliver my son mid-January & am restraining myself from packing stuff to take to the hospital while I'm in recovery. Yes I know I need to find a 12 step program. LOL

See - you have a project under way there PJlla. Sometimes when we're more stressed, it is tough to see possibilities. Can't believe you have so much ice - we're outside Springfield and had no ice - yet 25 miles to the west of us, there were massive ice problems/outages. We're bracing for more snow over the next 2 days - with some possible ice. Have fun and hope you get your power back soon. Caroline

A couple winters ago, our power several times in one month. The best trick I learned....Get your ice chests ready & put them outside before the storm. They can keep your milk, etc cool. Keep the freeze door shut at all times. It will take a few days to completely thaw (unless there is only a few things in there & you can cook them all up. Buy the way, you can freeze milk & water ahead of time. Have a manual can opener. The best thing, make sure your propane tank is full for your BBQ. There is so much you can cook on your grill. It might be a bit chilly out there, but you can at least hot food. Here's to all of you in the wintery mix of ice.

Well, my plan was foiled. I burned about 100 pictures to a disc from my laptop and took them to Walmart. The Kodak machine is too expensive, but I figured I could use the Fuji machine with 1 hour service. Well... after the first 50 photos it was taking about 1 minute per picture to load... and then it was giving me error messages for some of the photos (even though I checked the disc on my Mom's computer before I left) and some of the photos were showing up with big black areas. THe associate couldn't be sure if the pictures that looked bad on the screen would show up right or not... then I went looking for the craft department and all I could find was one tiny end cap with a few craft kits... no cardstock, no adhesive. Their cricut machine and carts were displayed on an unreachable shelf about 6 1/2 feet up. I figured scrapping wasn't meant to be so I gave up.

We were talking about heading home today, even without power. The weather is supposed to get bad tonight into tomorrow. But DD has a swim meet this weekend and she has already missed several practices, so I would like to get her to practice tonight through Friday.

Oh well.... I guess I should have bigger things to worry about than scrapping! ......................P

Sorry it won't work- can you just look at the photos on your laptop and try drawing out the layouts you want to do- maybe begin grouping the photos by layouts and deciding what embellishments you will be using and such0 making scetches of the album?

Rebecca

YES! We went to WDW over Thanksgiving and DH took over 2,000 pictures. However, he took them in RAW format (DSLR), and he is still working on converting them to jpegs so I can get them printed. I'm NOT printing all of them, only planning on 200-250 of them to be scrapped. I am home today because of snow, and I could be scrapping them, if only.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter