Wishblade, Cricut...having both redundant???

graygables

<font color=blue>Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K P
OK, I have a Cricut (got it sorta cheap, long story) and my Wishblade should be here next week. I specifically needed the WB for particular projects (need to cut my own design shapes) but the Cricut was too good to pass up. I also have traditional Sizzix.

So, I'm planning to start hosting crops in the Fall at my house (I have ALL the tools, baby!). Do you think the cutting machines are a valid selling point? Would you pay more to go to a crop where you can use it or would you rather pay a per-cut contribution (say, five or ten cents) toward blades/mats? Is having both machines overkill? Should I sell the Sizzix or do you think people still like to have that as an option?

BTW, I'm thinking of charging $10 per person including use of all my stuff and pizza. Archiver's is $15 and they don't have nearly the tools I do! :lmao:

I would totally come. But I do not have any of the tools to tell you about the difference or anything. I say they supply their own paper and say 25-50 cents per use. I wouldn't charge a fee that included it because if someone wanted to do a lot and another could get on how would you be fair unless you said maximum of blah blah...... Anyway my opinion charge per piece.

My CM consultant once charged $2 per hour we were at her house, using her tools. She has now changed it to a flat $5 (I think. It might be 10 - I go tomorrow and I can let you know). She doesn't have a Wishblade or Cricut. I would pay to use them though. A per sheet fee sounds good. That way, you could have a "stash" of money to buy replacement parts. :)

Hi Dawn,

I'd totally come too. I've been at Archiver's the last two weekends and I use their Cricut while I'm there. Wishblade would be even better! :thumbsup2

-Kate

Dawn- I'd be there! Ten bucks is a great deal.

I also think that $10 flat fee is fair. Otherwise, it can get tricky to keep tabs on everyone cutting papers, to try to know who is cutting what.. ya know?? MUCH easier on your part to do the $10 fee.. Which is a great fee, if you will also have pizza.

Biggest challange will be the space.. do you have space for lots of croppers ( and more importantly ) all their STUFF?? LOL

Caitsmama said:
Biggest challange will be the space.. do you have space for lots of croppers ( and more importantly ) all their STUFF?? LOL

That's a good point. I figure I have room for 10 and it will be a little snug, but not too bad. All of my equipment is in my studio/office which is off my living room, so I won't have to take up scrap space with my stuff. I'm still trying to convince DH that I need a barn of my own! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter