WISH Away the Pounds--Healthy Recipe Thread (new title)

SUPER SIMPLE butternut squash soup

1 lb cooked butternut squash soup - approximately 2 small-medium squash (I cut mine in half, scooped out the seeds and roasted it in the skin in the oven at 400 degrees 45 minutes and then scooped it from the skin. )

1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped

1 large sweet apple, peeled, cored, and chopped

4 C fat free vegetable stock (or chicken stock or a combo)

1 C fat free milk

1 tsp. salt (more or less)

pinch black pepper

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

pinch cinnamon

pinch ground ginger

pinch coriander

OPTIONAL - maple syrup

Spray a large stock pot with PAM and saute the onions and apple over medium heat until softened and translucent (try to not let them get browned), about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.

Add the 4 C of stock and the prepared squash to the pot, and let simmer for approximately 15 minutes with the lid on. After that add all of the spices (start with the 1 tsp. of salt and add more as needed at the end) and carefully transfer hot soup in batches to a blender or hit with a stick blender directly in the pot until soup is smooth.

Stir in the cup of milk and heat on low until it is serving temperature. Add additional salt to taste.

Add optional maple syrup to each serving as desired. Remember that the maple syrup must be counted in your daily PointsPlus if you are doing WW Simple Start (2 tsp. = 1 pt.)

Makes 4 - 2 cup servings.

For those on WW the WW.com Recipe Builder (that crazy math-challenged thing) builds this out to be 3 PPV per serving when it is broken down to 4 servings, but the entire pot of soup is stated to be 10 PPV if you count it as just one serving.... and if you look at the PPV of individual ingredients (not including the syrup) the entire batch should only be 3 PPV! So count this as you wish!

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a cook or chef or even a recipe tester. I am just a simple home cook (and not a very good one) who likes to try to make tasty recipes that are healthy and light. And I have only made this recipe ONCE! I use homemade vegetable stock that is salt-free, so it is hard for me to guess how much salt your batch will need if it is made with store-bought stock, which is why I suggested starting with just 1 tsp. of salt.... mine definitely needed more like 3 tsp. And it is delicious as-is, but just a tiny splash of the maple syrup made this absolutely DEVINE! .......................P

Just wanted to say this is a really tasty soup. Thanks

Trying yet again to eat healthily for life and needed some inspiration. Must add some new recipes as I try them out. Don't know if this will help anyone but it helps me so I'll share what isn't exactly a recipe but more of a snack box for those following weight watchers ( or anyone really). I make a box of snacks/ treats for the week in a Sunday night totally 49 pro points and then know that they're mine for the week. Some savory - crisp breads and cheese triangles and some sweet- Jaffa cakes, sugar free jello and fruit. Even wine if we are planning a special dinner at the weekend. Works great

Last edited:
Healthy Vegan Peanut Butter Cups

Chocolate -
* 1/3 c. coconut oil
* 0.5 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
* Sweetener of choice, equivalent to 3/4 c. Cane Sugar
* 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Peanut Butter Filling -
* 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
* 8 Ritz Crackers, crushed
* Sweetener of choice, equivalent to 1/4 c. Cane Sugar

1) Mix all of the chocolate ingredients together in a medium bowl.

2) Distribute 2/3 of the mixture among 7 cupcake liner-lined cupcake/muffin cups.

The finished chocolates, after freezing

3) Mix the peanut butter filling ingredients together in a small bowl.

4) Distribute the peanut butter filling between the seven cups. Smooth it out over the chocolate layer.

5) Fill the rest of the each cup with the remaining chocolate mixture.

6) Cover and freeze for approximately an hour, until hardened.

To make it even lower carb, you can leave out the Ritz crackers in the peanut butter filling or use low-carb butter crackers! Alternately, fill with chopped nuts instead of the peanut butter filling.

Single serving Ricotta cheesecakes

- 1 cup light ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2-3 packets of stevia
- 1 tsp lemon zest

Whisk together and divide into three small baking cups. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. 110 calories each

Single serving Ricotta cheesecakes

- 1 cup light ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2-3 packets of stevia
- 1 tsp lemon zest

Whisk together and divide into three small baking cups. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. 110 calories each

Oh, these sound delicious!! I need to try this! Lots of protein in this snack!

Finally adding another recipe!

Eggplant Mykonos

Serves 6-8
(I made half a batch and found that it was two nice entree sized portions)

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups chopped onions (I used about half as I am not the biggest onion fan)
4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds (the first time I made this, I did not have fennel, and it still tasted good, with fennel is better though)
6 cups cubed eggplant (3/4 inches cubes) (about 1.5 pounds)
2 cups seeded and chopped red and/or green bell peppers
one 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups coarsely chopped spinach (6 ounces) (I used frozen spinach that I thawed and then just cut up a little bit)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (I did not add this as I hate dill)

Warm the olive oil in a covered soup pot on low heat. Add the onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt and cook until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the ground fennel and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the eggplant and cook for 8 to 9 minutes, stirring often. Add the bell pepper, tomatoes and water, cover the pot and simmer, stirring frequently until the eggplant is soft and tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the black pepper, spinach, lemon juice and dill and simmer for a couple of minutes until the spinach has wilted, but is still bright green.

You can serve it with rice, couscous, bulgur or orzo. Crumble some feta cheese or goat cheese on top.

So, as I said, I made half the amount and used it as two portions. Instead of adding a starch, I just put more feta cheese on top and made it low carb meal. I weighed all the ingredients and put them in my calculator. It came out as about 160 kcal for one portion. So, the full recipe should come out as about 640 kcal, so depending on your portion size calories could vary.

Source: Moosewood Restaurant Favorites (a vegetarian cookbook that I can only highly recommend!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!