Winter weather woes...

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
We're under a winter storm warning today, and although it's not really that bad out, it just reminded me of how long winter can drag on...and on...and on...

The older I get, the longer and more difficult winter seems to be. Am I the only one who feels this way? Maybe it's just my old bones...;) :)

It's not the case, though some might wish it so
Who from a window watch the blizzard blow

White riot through their branches vague and stark,
That they keep snug beneath their pelted bark.

They take affliction in until it jells
To crystal ice between their frozen cells ...

~Richard Wilbur, Orchard Trees~

I usually feel that way too, Kim, but this year the weather has not been too winter like here yet.

No Kim, you are not alone. I feel exactly the same way.
It seems to be hitting me harder this year for some reason. (sigh)
I'm just not a winter person. I don't ski and I don't like the cold.
Spring can't come fast enough for me.

I hate winter cold. I hate snow. I hate freezing rain. I hate ice.

Truthfully, I could easily live in a climate without it. I'd still love to have spring and fall....but I'll sacrifice them just to keep my bones warm!

Sandi, it's great to see you here!! :D

It's been snowing quite a bit this morning, but I must admit, it does look pretty. :)

Maybe this is just an over 40 thing??? ;)

It snowed here last night! :jumping1: I'm looking outside~ the kids are playing but there really isn't enough to do anything but make bare spots in the grass~ and I'm thinking wouldn't it be fun to live somewhere that really gets a proper winter? I don't know, maybe I'm nuts? :crazy:

kim, the picture in your signature certainly doesnt help, I get a chill everytime I look at it, thank you very much!

Just the THOUGHT of cold is enough to keep me in. This is not good, I could use exercise and so could Buster. Yesterday morning, I ignored the fact that it was 27F and bundled up and took him, and because it wasn't windy, it felt fine.

Enjoy the view, all of you who are having snow!

Bobbi :flower1:

amid chaos said:
kim, the picture in your signature certainly doesnt help, I get a chill everytime I look at it, thank you very much!

Someone on the Canadian board mentioned my pic also, Vanessa! What, you can't see the beauty in the icy bench?
:p

You're not nuts, Mary! ;) :) If it's winter, I want it to look white, not dull and grey, and slushy....yuck! If it's just cold, with no real snow, it's like you're in limbo. :)

I honestly used to like winter.

No more.

Blech. Shovelling, freezing, slipping, sliding, staying indoors, short days, darkness. Blech blech blech.

I'm not feeling so much like that this year. Maybe it is because we really have had a snowless mild winter so far. We do have -20 forcast for lows the next few days, but that is expected in January for Minnesota. I just wish it would snow a bit! I could use a good snow day! Being snowed in is kind of fun!

We're having such an odd winter. We're expecting another ice storm tonight, but thurs is supposed to be up near 60.

It's not that I like winter but I feel I need it. I need the rest that it provides. What I don't like about winter is when it snows.
We are not known for a lot of snow in our area so most people don't have high dollar equipment that just sits in their garage. Unfortunately the last few years we have been getting some pretty good ones. I have a 350 foot driveway that is just slightly sloped. when it snows I have to park near the road. If it is a really big snow, some of the guys with the farm equipment will come around and plow it. that's only part of it. When it starts to melt it goes through this melt freeze for weeks. Then you can't even walk on it. you have to trudge through the snow. Shopping is out. You can never buy more then you can carry down a slippery slope. Forget buying groceries. The weather has been pretty decent so far. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

It's 54F outside!!!! :earseek:

Wow, amazing! Nothing woeful about that! :) More along the lines of bizarre, but welcome. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter