Winging it with No Dinning Plan! A Feb. Trip Report

We have a lunch resv. at the Plaza this coming Thursday! Haven't eaten there in probably 10 years. Those shakes look good! :flower1:

I love this ride! It is def one of my favorites! It's the perfect balance of story telling and thrill.

I couldn't agree more!!

This is seriously Morgan's favorite part of the ride, getting "stuck" next to the waterfall. @cstorm65 - See, both girls are strategically placed closer to the waterfall!!!!!

I know, now if only I can remember when getting on the ride!! Haha

It was 11:20 and we SHOULD have been AT The Plaza for our lunch reservation but I was determined to squeeze this in. I pulled out a few snacks for the girls to eat as they were HANGRY!

It may be a good thing you squeezed it in as I guess talking Mickey is going away. I think that has been officially announced.

Look at Gwen's face in the side of this picture! She is TOTALLY NOT buying this talking mickey business.

She is not buying it at all!!

Andy and I ordered the Plaza Fries as well.

Plaza Loaded Fries
French Fries topped with Melted Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Ranch Dressing

Did they undergo a menu change here? We haven't eaten hear for two years, but I don't remember this appetizer, and I think I would have had to try this, they look very good!

Morgan asked for Tomato Soup with her Grilled Cheese. She really liked the Tomato Soup. She likes her tomato soup more creamy than tomato-y and with the chill outside, was perfect for her.

My DW would LOVE this. She is a big sucker for grilled cheese and tomato soup!

Happy Memorial Day weekend! Are you getting the rain today, too? We have almost 25 people coming over today, so far just drizzle and I'm hoping it stays that way if not better :rolleyes:

We continued over to Splash Mountain. The wait said about 35 minutes but Andy and I said it was worth the wait,
That's really not a bad wait! If the boys really wanted to do it I'd do 35 minutes for Splash.

I snapped a few photos of the restaurant. It was really nice in there. But Small!!!
I think it's so cute in there! Yes small, but still bigger than Beaches and Cream lol

So I ordered her a Mint Chocolate Chip Milk Shake to share with me.
This is what Ricky got on our last visit. Mint choc chip is my favorite ice cream flavor, I tried his shake and loved it :goodvibes

I got the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich.
Glad you enjoyed this!!! It's what I got last time :) I was considering eating here on our next trip but so far haven't made a reservation, reading your review make me think I'll get on that!

It has been awhile since I checked in. I enjoyed seeing all your Philadelphia zoo photos. My daughter loves zoos and is a Junior zookeeper at our local zoo. She gets to assist the zookeepers with animal encounters, food, etc. She has been volunteering since fifth grade. Each year they get more responsibilities, etc. This is her fifth year. We have a zoo pass and it will get us into other zoos for a discount so whenever we travel for find a zoo to see. Just some of the zoos I have been too are San Diego, Cincinnati, Columbia South Carolina, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, and Omaha Zoo. These are the bigger ones. We have also been to all three of the local zoos around us. I am putting Philadelphia zoo on our list of ones we would like to visit. :thumbsup2

I know Morgan and Gwen must have loved taking three turns on the Speedway! The photos turned out cute. I especially like the one where you were peeking out through the back window.

I also loved the dresses your brought for the girls. They are great. When my daughter was little, my mother made her a Cinderella dress out of a satin type material so it was more comfortable and more budget friendly than the BBB ones. It was great! I fixed her hair in an updo myself with a cute butterfly clasp and some pixie dust. It just makes me smile thinking about how much she enjoyed being dressed up like a princess and walking around the park. Fun memories!

I hope everyone has some good plans and the weekend brings at least some good weather. Our pool club is opening up today, so we are headed there today as the rest of the weekend may be rainy. Boo!
Hope you all got some good pool time in. We've had nothing but rain here for the most part but hoping for some cloudy swimming tomorrow.

We continued over to Splash Mountain. The wait said about 35 minutes but Andy and I said it was worth the wait, as it had been awhile since we had been on it. The girls weren't completely convinced but we got in line anyway.
Its been closed on our last few trips too, which is sad because its my absolute favorite ride. I haven't looked at closures for our August trip yet but fingers crossed it is open.

We all look a little shocked by getting cold water thrown on us even though we knew it was going to happen! :confused3
I can't fathom riding this when it was cold. Your face at the end of the drip is just priceless :-)

38714707510_6ed1198883_z.jpg
Casey and Gwen have matching "smiles" right about now. She lost tooth #8 at school on Friday.

Look at Gwen's face in the side of this picture! She is TOTALLY NOT buying this talking mickey business.
She looks downright terrified. I had no idea that he didn't talk anymore though. I wonder why that is????

Soon, our milkshakes arrived. This is Morgan's Milkshake. It was REALLY good! It had real strawberry sauce in the bottom.
Yum! That looks delicious with all those strawberries in there. We've only ever done chocolate varieties so I had no idea how good the fruit ones were.

Plaza Loaded Fries
French Fries topped with Melted Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Ranch Dressing
I've been wanting to try these out, but between the weird ADR system here and no beer Skippers kept winning out. Now that both of those are fixed I cannot wait to finally try these with a cold one! :drinking1

Morgan asked for Tomato Soup with her Grilled Cheese. She really liked the Tomato Soup. She likes her tomato soup more creamy than tomato-y and with the chill outside, was perfect for her.
I haven't had their tomato soup in a few years, but I always loved it. They definitely know what they are doing. Glad to hear Morgan enjoyed, sounds like the perfect lunch after Splash.

I got the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich.

Fried Green Tomato Sandwich
A Deep-fried Green Tomato served with Bacon, Arugula, Tomato, and Pepper Jack Cheese topped with Alabama White Barbecue Sauce on a toasted Brioche Bun with choice of Seasonal Vegetables, Homemade Chips, or French Fries
I'd forgotten they had this too. So many choices, so little time.

Gwen LOVED the hidden Mickey in the BBQ sauce.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Splash is such a great combination of storytelling and thrill, but you always have to worry about getting soaked. Looks like you had a great time, regardless of battling the wet in the cold.

Wow, your review of the Plaza really made it sound a lot better than some people make it out to be. Between the milkshake and that brisket mac and cheese, I would definitely try it out for myself.

Glad you could make it onto Splash, even if it caused you to get a little wet and chilly!

Cute pics with Mickey. I agree that the interaction could be hit or miss when he was talking.

Glad you enjoyed your lunch!

Hello Everyone!

Tiny Real Life Update: Our Memorial Day weekend was nice. It is always nice to get an extra day in the weekend. Saturday was 90 degrees here, so we headed to the pool and spent the afternoon there. Which was really nice. While there, Morgan decided that she wanted to sign up for the summer swim team again. So, NOW I am scrambling to figure out camp situation for July. And all of our weekends have gone poof! Away! She will have swim meets each Saturday. But truth be told I am SUPER proud of her, she didn't want to do it again, as she says she isn't good enough. And it was a BIG deal that she even wants to try it again. So, proud of her. Fingers Crossed she has a better experience with it this year! Her first practice is today! Eek! Wish her luck!

Hello! :wave2: I am riveted by your trip report! I've read it cover to cover so far. You have such a lovely, fun family! Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to the rest! :thumbsup2
:welcome: Thanks for reading along! It really is so fun sharing our trip with everyone! It helps pass the time between trips.

Gosh, you're always so good at convincing me to try restaurants. I've eaten at The Plaza, but it was a very long time ago. Since then, the menu and prices have updated and I've been on the fence about it. You're starting to curve me back toward giving it a try. You're good, Ariella, real good. 8-)
I already saw that you booked it! Keep it! It's a great value for paying out of pocket. To me, it's good basic food, not every meal needs to be gourmet fancy stuff. For us it was good food. If that makes sense?

Now I'm wondering if we should have lunch at the Plaza or our upcoming trip! We have been there before, but I think it was 2004 or 2005.
I have been wanting to come for awhile now, and we are usually on the dinning plan, and it seemed like it was a waste of a table credit. So, we took advantage of us not being on the dinning plan this trip to try and I am so glad we did! I also, am not a huge fan of most of the table service in Magic Kingdom. So, this might become a regular place for us!
We have a lunch resv. at the Plaza this coming Thursday! Haven't eaten there in probably 10 years. Those shakes look good! :flower1:
Can't wait to hear how you like it!!! Get a Shake for me!

I know, now if only I can remember when getting on the ride!! Haha
Morgan remembers for me! Maybe tell DH5 and he will remember.

Did they undergo a menu change here? We haven't eaten hear for two years, but I don't remember this appetizer, and I think I would have had to try this, they look very good!
This was our first visit, so I don't know if all of the menu is new. I do remember something about the fries being new. I think they are to be similar to the Figaro Fries that were at Pinchinos Village Haus? If you liek plastic cheese, they were soooooo good!

My DW would LOVE this. She is a big sucker for grilled cheese and tomato soup!
I feel like this is a great place to go to with kids too. You can't go wrong with grilled cheese for kids. A nice change from the hot dogs and chicken nuggets.

Happy Memorial Day weekend! Are you getting the rain today, too? We have almost 25 people coming over today, so far just drizzle and I'm hoping it stays that way if not better :rolleyes:
How did it go? We got rained out on Sunday. Saturday was nice and hot, so we got to go to the pool. But Monday was YUCK-O, Sticky and gross.

That's really not a bad wait! If the boys really wanted to do it I'd do 35 minutes for Splash.
It really wasn't.

This is what Ricky got on our last visit. Mint choc chip is my favorite ice cream flavor, I tried his shake and loved it :goodvibes
Mint Chip is mine and Gwen's favorite, so for once it was easy to share with her.

Glad you enjoyed this!!! It's what I got last time :) I was considering eating here on our next trip but so far haven't made a reservation, reading your review make me think I'll get on that!
I def will always have this on my hit list. Not sure if we will make it each time. But I really enjoyed it. I am a sucker for Fried Green Tomatoes.

I am putting Philadelphia zoo on our list of ones we would like to visit. :thumbsup2
Def! They have done alot to keep improving the zoo! Have you gone to the Washington DC zoo? We went a couple years back and we loved it! You can't beat seeing Pandas and a really great elephant area.

I know Morgan and Gwen must have loved taking three turns on the Speedway! The photos turned out cute. I especially like the one where you were peeking out through the back window.
I remember thinking only us could actually get some good photos on this ride. Not usually the ride you see pictures of in these trip reports.

I also loved the dresses your brought for the girls. They are great. When my daughter was little, my mother made her a Cinderella dress out of a satin type material so it was more comfortable and more budget friendly than the BBB ones. It was great! I fixed her hair in an updo myself with a cute butterfly clasp and some pixie dust. It just makes me smile thinking about how much she enjoyed being dressed up like a princess and walking around the park. Fun memories!
Sounds way better than those giant dresses they wear. When the girls were little I got dresses from Target and had Tinkerbell leave them. They were shorter and much lighter to wear. It worked out great.

Hope you all got some good pool time in. We've had nothing but rain here for the most part but hoping for some cloudy swimming tomorrow.
Saturday was our only pool day. But from the sounds of it we were super lucky to get that! So, I won't complain!

Its been closed on our last few trips too, which is sad because its my absolute favorite ride. I haven't looked at closures for our August trip yet but fingers crossed it is open.
I hope it's open for you! It seemed to be down alot when we were there. Not sure what is going on with that ride. There must have been some major work that needed to be done. I hope that it wasn't anything too too terrible.

She looks downright terrified. I had no idea that he didn't talk anymore though. I wonder why that is????
Ha! I am pretty sure she was. I think it was half hunger but still... She was just not feeling the talking Mickey. :(

Yum! That looks delicious with all those strawberries in there. We've only ever done chocolate varieties so I had no idea how good the fruit ones were.
Morgan's was def the winner of the two!

I've been wanting to try these out, but between the weird ADR system here and no beer Skippers kept winning out. Now that both of those are fixed I cannot wait to finally try these with a cold one! :drinking1
I know! I could probably work it into the budget with the dinning plan now since we can use our beer credit there now.

I'd forgotten they had this too. So many choices, so little time.
Pretty sure @ariane37 had the same sandwich as well and liked hers as well.

Those shakes and sandwich look delicious!
They were!

Wow, your review of the Plaza really made it sound a lot better than some people make it out to be. Between the milkshake and that brisket mac and cheese, I would definitely try it out for myself.
I will say, that I have read about some people not liking it. I think some of it comes down to personal preference. AND what you order... We didn't have the burger and I always feel burgers are a personal preference on how they are cooked and all.

Glad you could make it onto Splash, even if it caused you to get a little wet and chilly!
We were brave! It wasn't that bad. Just wait till I get to our ride on Grizzle River Run in Disneyland! This paled in comparasion to how wet we got!

Let's ride Splash Mountain they said, it'll be fun they said....they don't look like they're buying it yet!

Mickey brought us over to the picture area and said a few things about fighting Zurg or something. And then we got a picture.
Having met "Talking Mickey" three different times, we never got one of those great You Tube interactions you see everywhere!!! I'm convinced that most of the time it's just a CM choosing pre-recorded responses because the conversation is always very disjointed and unrelated to anything we have said. The delay is really noticeable. I think they just can't keep up with the demand, and am glad they've gone back to the Mute Mouse!

We loved the loaded fries at The Plaza.
Talking Mickey always made me feel like a little girl lol!
Splash is such a fun Disney ride, one of my favorites, it is long which is so nice!

It was like maybe 2 minutes till the end of it. Andy and I def wanted to try and catch the whole show later in our trip. It is pretty cool to see real puppets! Sadly, we have tried to get the girls into the Muppets and they just don't seem interested.

I've yet to see it but DH said it's great, he also caught the tail end of it before meeting us last Sept. DD isn't into the Muppets much either, which I think is a bummer cause I love me some Muppets! We've slowly started to build a like for them via the new Muppet Babies on Disney Channel, but I think it's too little for your girls.

I love this little house outside

I love them all! Since I was a kid I've wanted one in my yard!

I love this ride! It is def one of my favorites! It's the perfect balance of story telling and thrill.

So, I'm gonna say it, and don't judge me, I'm not a Splash fan. I agree that it's done SOOO well, great detail and story telling, but I despise water rides. I'm really weird about water and cleanliness and I just can't. Which if course means this is THE ride Elora is most excited to go on in Sept :scared1:

And then Andy and Morgan. I think they may have gotten wetter than me in Gwen in the front some how

My father swears the second seat is the worst cause the water wave goes over the front end of the boat and basically lands on the second row. He also says that the ride targets dads, lol!

I have that we left Splash around 10:50 and made it to the Talking Mickey line around 11:20! That seems like a long time but I think that is from my last picture while on the ride and to my next picture actually in line.

Oof, that's quite a trek.

Awe! I know they were apprehensive, too big for the characters? That day comes too fast! In there news, I love your jeans! Where'd you get 'em? ;)

They both thought it was funny that they drew Mickey Ears on him.

They're correct, it's funny, and adorable; Baymax is the best.

Overall The Plaza was a great lunch, and I would love to come here again. The service was just ok, possibly a little slow but it was fine. I think if we were seated farther into the restaurant we would have felt more relaxed. Next time!

I've been reading it's improved a lunch over the years. We went for lunch in 2016 and the service was awful, and the food was just ok. I'm glad y'all liked it. I may need to add it to a running list of places I should eat.

Fingers Crossed she has a better experience with it this year!

I hope her practice went well!

It was like maybe 2 minutes till the end of it. Andy and I def wanted to try and catch the whole show later in our trip. It is pretty cool to see real puppets! Sadly, we have tried to get the girls into the Muppets and they just don't seem interested.

I still want to catch this too. I love the Muppets and my kids just don't get it either.

It has been awhile since we have waited in the stand by line for Splash, it is usually a fast pass attraction for us.

I can't remember the last time we waiting in stand by.

We were on our way!

Everyone happy and dry!

Splash is my favorite themed ride, not favorite thrill but favorite themed.

I am glad we did it. Mickey is no longer talking so it was def our last chance to do so. I can kind of see why they got rid of it. It is a little awkward waiting for him to talk. And We were a little disappointed that our conversation wasn't one of the more fun ones.

We waiting in stand by at opening for a long time and had to bail. We really wanted to meet while he was still talking. Oh well.

They both thought it was funny that they drew Mickey Ears on him.

They both did really good .

It was REALLY good! It had real strawberry sauce in the bottom.

This looks divine!

They don't look like much but they were good!!! And really just enough. We didn't need more than that.

Loaded fries! Something else I need to try.

She really liked the Tomato Soup. She likes her tomato soup more creamy than tomato-y and with the chill outside, was perfect for her.

Danielle loves creamy tomato soup with lots of cheese.

I was sooooo looking forward to this! And it did not disappoint! Granted I AM NOT an expert on Fried Green Tomato. I DO NOT know what the standard is for them, so don't hold me to it. But I liked it! The tomato wasn't over breaded and the White BBQ Sauce was really good. I think I told them to hold the bacon and I don't think you need it on there.

I'm from the South and have never had fried green tomatoes. Maybe someday I'll give it a shot.

Overall The Plaza was a great lunch, and I would love to come here again. The service was just ok, possibly a little slow but it was fine. I think if we were seated farther into the restaurant we would have felt more relaxed. Next time!

I've never been to the Plaza but after reading your review I would really like to try it.

Happy Sunday!!!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have spent the last couple nights sorting through the photos for the next post. We have so many, so it was tough! And I am apologizing ahead of time that there are alot!!!

I wanted to let everyone know, Real Life Update... if anyone cares... Morgan has done great at her first week of swim team! She is holding her own and seems to be enjoying it. Which is a big thing for me. I want her to want to enjoy it! AND I convinced Gwen to join the Training Squad and she had her first practice on Friday.

And in related news, our pool club has all of the kids take a swim test in order to swim int the entire pool by themselves. Morgan tried out for her high band on Friday and passed! This was big because for her to get her high band, she had to jump off the diving board that she said that she would NEVER jump off it. And SURPRISE, she loves jumping off the diving board now! And Gwen tried for her low band on Friday and passed as well! So, now they can go jump in the pool with out us! So, maybe I can actually read a book this summer.

I am going to try and get the next part of our evening right after I respond to everyone here. So, stay tuned!

I'm convinced that most of the time it's just a CM choosing pre-recorded responses because the conversation is always very disjointed and unrelated to anything we have said. The delay is really noticeable.
I wonder if it just cycles through or if they decide on what to do based on each person... Well, I guess it doesn't matter, as he no longer talks.

Let's ride Splash Mountain they said, it'll be fun they said....they don't look like they're buying it yet!
Ha! Exactly, what they were thinking at that moment!

Splash is such a fun Disney ride, one of my favorites, it is long which is so nice!
It is really long! I remember the first time we went, I was surprised how long it was!

I hope her practice went well!
Thanks! She did great! And seems to be enjoying it so far.

I've been reading it's improved a lunch over the years. We went for lunch in 2016 and the service was awful, and the food was just ok. I'm glad y'all liked it. I may need to add it to a running list of places I should eat.
It was our first time, but I def liked it. And especially for MK!

I know they were apprehensive, too big for the characters?
A little about being too big, but when you see them meeting the princesses later, I guess it wasn't that. I know Gwen was anxious about what Mickey would be like since he talked... And being hungry didn't help either.

In there news, I love your jeans! Where'd you get 'em? ;)
Thanks! Believe it or not, I got them at Target! They have some stretch in them, I wear them ALL the time!

Oof, that's quite a trek.
Right? I feel like it shouldn't have taken us THAT long to walk there but I guess it did!

My father swears the second seat is the worst cause the water wave goes over the front end of the boat and basically lands on the second row. He also says that the ride targets dads, lol!
He maybe on to something on both accounts!

We've slowly started to build a like for them via the new Muppet Babies on Disney Channel, but I think it's too little for your girls.
Gwen watched some of the Muppet Babies show. Morgan is probably too big for it. She has moved over to sitcoms on Disney Channel, like Andi Mac and Bunk'd

I love them all! Since I was a kid I've wanted one in my yard!
Wouldn't that be so cute!

So, I'm gonna say it, and don't judge me, I'm not a Splash fan.
It's ok. I understand people not wanting to get wet.

I love the Muppets and my kids just don't get it either.
Glad that it's not just my kids!

Loaded fries! Something else I need to try.
So good! Loaded Fries was a theme for this trip!

I've never been to the Plaza but after reading your review I would really like to try it.
IT is def worth a try!

So fun reading your report. Thank you for sharing your family with us.
Thanks for following along! :welcome: Writing these helps pass the time between trips and keep me from completely having Disney withdraw.

Day Three: Bibbity Bobbity Boutique

So, I left us off with us resting at the hotel. We headed back to the park around 4:40. It looks like we waited a bit a bus. I have that a bus showed up at 5:04.
Heading back to the Parks
But looks like the girls passed the time playing with Gwen's Bubble Wand.

When we got to Magic Kingdom, it was BUSY!!! We went over to ride the People Mover and there was a line!!! We got in line, thinking it would move fairly quickly. But it wasn't. So, I said to the girls that we should get out of line. I didn't want us to be late for BBB because of the People Mover.

Side Note: Why do we always go to Tomorrowland first? I think I would go there last if it was completely up to me...

So, instead we headed toward the Castle and decided to grabbed a light dinner. I had something in mind that I wanted to try! We went to Friar's Nook. They had just switched up the menu here and started serving loaded tater tots!

Buffalo Chicken Loaded Tater-Tots
Andy and I shared the Buffalo Chicken Tots. These were SOOOOOOOO good! I love pretty much everything buffalo, so I pretty much knew I would like this!

Plain Tator Tots
I also ordered an order of just good old plain tater tots. They came in this small cup. I think the girls shared these and probably ate some snacks that I had in my bag. The tater tots were warm and crispy.... What you want in a tot... ;)

Frozen Lemonade and Christmas Soda Cup
We also ordered a soda and a Frozen Lemonade. As you can see Disney was still using Christmas cups in February! Oh, I think we also ordered a chocolate Milk for Gwen, so I think she had that and chips!!!! Seriously she ate so well this trip!

It was busy in the park but we managed to find a table fairly easily. We sat down and ate our "dinner". As we were sitting there, we were just watching how busy it was. You could tell there were families deciding what to do until fireworks. Lots of people king of wondering around aimlessly. We were hoping it would clear out a bit after the fireworks.

At 5:50, we headed over to BBB to check in. It was BUSY inside as well. But they def knew what they were doing in there. We checked in at the CM standing at the door. And they let us into the castle area. They directed us to the seating on the right hand side to wait.

BBB Welcome Sign

BBB Waiting to be called back
The girls were excitied and nervous all at the same time. When we checked in, they said that they would prepare a dressing room for the girls to change in. Gwen thought this was the most amazing thing!

BBB Too Excited
Someone is excitied!

BBB Waiting area
The entryway between the seating area and where the magic happens!

Contemplating Which Hairstyle
The girls asked for one of the sheets with the hair do's on it, to decide what they wanted to do.

Right at 6:00 they called the girls back to get changed. They gave us clear plastic bags to put the clothes they have on into. The girls put on there dresses and fancy jewelry. I had packed Gwen's sparkly high heels for her as well. Morgan was sad that I didn't have cute shoes for her, but I told her she got ear rings and Gwen didn't and that she wouldn't wear high heal that long anyway. And that seemed to make it ok.

When they came out of the dressing room, all of the Fairy Godmothers commented on there outfits. I don't think they see many sequin party girls.

After they changed, we sat back down to wait.
IMG_0759

At 6:12, Morgan got called back first. They said Gwen would be called back shortly after Morgan.

BBB Morgan_01
Morgan got started on her hair style.

Morgan_01_Before_01
I think Morgan was glad that she decided to do it.

BBB Morgan_02
The Fairy Godmother's work fairly fast but were great. They ask the girls a bunch of questions, but I think Morgan's realized quickly that Morgan wasn't going be a huge conversationlist.

IMG_0767
After Hair it was onto make-up. They had small palettes with a few colors to choose from. Morgan opted for only eye shadow, no lip gloss.

BBB Morgan_Nails
Then nails. They only had one color, a silver sparkle. The girls got to keep both the bottle of nail polish and the makeup palette.

Gwen was called back shortly after Morgan, I hate 6:15, so very shortly....
BBB Gwen_01
I think it was the longest 3 minutes of her life! Ha!

BBB Gwen_02
Gwen was still deciding which hair style she wanted. She ended up picking the same thing as Morgan.

BBB Gwen_03
Gwen was so happy!

BBB Gwen_04
Gwen and her fairy godmother chatted it up a lot more than Morgan and hers...

Continued in the next post...

Day Three: Bibbity Bobbity Boutique Cont...

Gwen_During_04
I think both girls went with the hair style because on the colored hair "extensions"

BBB Gwen_08

IMG_4759
After hair, was Gwen's nails. Not sure why she has that look on her face, but I think it is hilarious. Gwen did mention later that her Fairy Godmother said that you can make a wish with this nail polish because it was from Tinker Bell. Maybe she wasn't buying it.

Morgan was moving faster than Gwen, so she was ready for her face gems and pixie dust!
BBB Morgan_04
I think they say something while doing this...

Once the girls are done, they turn them around and do a big reveal.
BBB Morgan_03
Morgan getting her first look at her new look.

Morgan_01_Before_01
She has a look of "ooooohhhh" on her face.

Morgan_01_Before_01
What do you think? Do you think she likes it?

And then it was time for the big reveal to the parents!
BBB Morgan_05

BBB Morgan_06
A handful of the Fairy Godmother's came over and they do a whole Now Presenting Princess Morgan. This was embarrassing for Morgan and made her feel super special all at the same time!

BBB Morgan_07
I can see her uncomfortable-ness in this picture. (But she also loved it)

BBB Morgan Finished
The girls also got a sash, which I am sure everyone has seen on some of the little girls. And what I thought was cute, the bobby pins with gems on them and a mickey.

BBB Morgan_06
The gem stickers on her cheek came with on a sheet with a few options. They got to take the sheet with the others on it with them swell.

IMG_0763
Morgan def enjoyed herself.

BBB Morgan's Fingernails
Her nails...

Morgan finished before Gwen. So, Morgan came over to see how Gwen was doing.
BBB Gwen_06

BBB Morgan and Gwen_07

Soon it was time for Gwen's Pixie Dust.
BBB Gwen_09

BBB Gwen_11
The Fairy Godmother's really got a kick out of the girls dresses and jewelry. I think they thought it was more $$$ than it really was.

BBB Gwen_10
It was time for Gwen to see her look.

BBB Gwen_12

Gwen_During_04

Gwen_During_04
I think she was a little stunned.

And then when they announced Gwen, THIS was the part she really loved.
BBB Gwen_13
I mean look at her face!

BBB Gwen_14
She waved like she was royalty.

Gwen_During_04

BBB Gwen_15
I mean this girl... I am in so much trouble!!!!

BBB Morgan & Gwen
Both girls all done!

Andy paid the bill sometime in the middle of this, and we each gave the girls some cash to tip the Fairy Godmother's. They both really enjoyed the whole thing! I def think it was a one time thing for us, though. I was impressed with all the stuff they got. They were also given a pick backpack bag for all of there items. So, I honestly think it isn't TOO bad of a price. I mean for Disney. It helps that we brought our own dresses.

I have a few more BBB pics but I am going to put those in the next post as this was a photo-palooza!

Morgan tried out for her high band on Friday and passed! This was big because for her to get her high band, she had to jump off the diving board that she said that she would NEVER jump off it. And SURPRISE, she loves jumping off the diving board now!

These parenting moments are the BEST. Congrats to the girls! :cheer2:

Your BBB experience really brought back some memories. My daughter did it when she was 8 years old and I'm so glad we did. Great memories and pics. It is obvious that your princesses really enjoyed themselves. Especially Gwen. I love her wave! And those big smiles! Another great parenting moment! :tinker:

Side Note: Why do we always go to Tomorrowland first? I think I would go there last if it was completely up to me...
Too funny as we are the exact opposite and almost always go to Adventureland first.

Buffalo Chicken Loaded Tater-Tots
Andy and I shared the Buffalo Chicken Tots. These were SOOOOOOOO good! I love pretty much everything buffalo, so I pretty much knew I would like this!
Yum!! I don't think I'd seen these yet and they look and sound ah-maz-ing!!!!!! I love me a tater tot and anything buffalo so will definitely have to try these. Big improvement over the mac n cheese.

BBB Waiting area
The entryway between the seating area and where the magic happens!
Wow, that looks really crowded. The one time we did it was at a special shop they set up in MGM and I don't think anyone knew about it as it was a ghost town.

BBB Morgan_Nails
Then nails. They only had one color, a silver sparkle. The girls got to keep both the bottle of nail polish and the makeup palette.
What a great hair style!!!! I didn't know they did anything besides those horrible looking buns. Now contemplating if I let my little Gwen do it agin :-)

Morgan_01_Before_01
What do you think? Do you think she likes it?
She looks so happy. Glad she loved it.

BBB Gwen_14
She waved like she was royalty.
Love her!

They look perfect!!!!!!!!!!! Great idea on the dresses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!