Wine of the Month Clubs

NinaBella

DIS Veteran
So we talk a lot about subscription boxes, but what about Wine of the Month Clubs? I know nothing about them. If I were to consider this as a gift to a relative or close friend, which wine of the month are the best options and best value?

I am looking at this article. California Wine has a 1, 3, 6, or 12 month holiday club which is nice to have few months options,

https://best-wine-clubs.wineclubreviews.net/overall

Last edited:
I just found a company called Vinebox. Looks like it was a startup two years ago and not many reviews yet. It’s 3 GLASSES a month.

Anyone heard of this? I like the idea of 3 glasses vs full bottles.

I cannot comment specifically but I can relate my wife's experience. There is a winery in northern California that my wife really likes so she joined their wine club. She was getting two bottles a month. When she checked their wine prices at our local grocery store the wine was cheaper there. We cancelled the membership.

I cannot comment specifically but I can relate my wife's experience. There is a winery in northern California that my wife really likes so she joined their wine club. She was getting two bottles a month. When she checked their wine prices at our local grocery store the wine was cheaper there. We cancelled the membership.

Good to know. So I saw a few people on Facebook wanting the Aldi's Wine Advent Calendar (only available in the UK). I also see Vinebox has a "Twelve Nights of Wine" gift set that is an advent calendar style gift.

https://www.getvinebox.com/products/twelve-nights-of-wine

We do this for my inlaws every year for Christmas, and they love it. We have used amazingclubs.com for the past 4 years. Sign up for their emails and they will send you coupon codes.

I am a member of several wine clubs, St. Innocent, Seven of Hearts, Willakenzie, and Anderson Family Vineyards in Oregon. In Washington Ste. Michelle, Eight Bells, Charles Smith, Januik, and Kevin White. They usually have club member wines that are not released to the general public. Some of the clubs give upto 25% discounts on all of the wines and also have 50% sales through out the year for club members. Ste. Michelle also has free concerts for club members. We also get free wine tastings every time we visit the wineries.

I did this for my parents last year. I ordered from Paul Kalemkiarian's Wine of the Month Club. Turns out my parents belong to another wine of the moth club already, but they like Paul's better. I liked that I didn't have to get wine every month and they have different levels of wines. I chose to send them better wines once a quarter because that quality and frequence fit my budget.

I have tried out several wine clubs. My current favorite is done by NPR (I'm not sure if I can post the link, but it's easy to find if you Google NPR + wine + club). The introductory rate is great. After that, it depends on how much a person wants to pay for wine.

Most of the wine clubs have a discounted first shipment and sometimes have specials for a particular club program. As long as the gift doesn't charge anything to the recipient, I'd say it's a great gift to anyone who likes to drink wine and loves to try something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!