Wine Country

DisneytheKid

A bad attempt at Billy the Kid
DW and I are planning to drive up to Sonoma after the parks and I'm quickly seeing that there are quite a few different tour options. Does anyone have a favorite or one that they would recommend?

Thanks as always for your help!

What do you have in mind specifically? Wine tasting? Visiting historical sites? Shopping? Horseback riding? Hot air ballooning?
Spa treatments? Fine dining?
Theater performances? B&Bs? Etc.....
How long will your visit be for and when? :) And will you be visiting Sonoma County? Or the Town of Sonoma?

Hi Gisele,

We will be staying for two nights in January. We are staying in the actual town of Sonoma. Realistically, with the time that we have available we're looking for wine tasting tours. I see a lot of good reviews for the wine trolley but that's about it. Any ideas?

Thanks for your quick reply! :)

What do you have in mind specifically? Wine tasting? Visiting historical sites? Shopping? Horseback riding? Hot air ballooning?
Spa treatments? Fine dining?
Theater performances? B&Bs? Etc.....
How long will your visit be for and when? :) And will you be visiting Sonoma County? Or the Town of Sonoma?

I have been to a number of different wineries in and around Sonoma. There are many in the area. I have not gone on any tours. I have always gone by private car.
Will you be needing a tour van or bus for lack of a designated driver?

This is a nice site to assist with planning for going on your own personal tour.
http://www.sonomatouristguide.com/agenda.html

Great link. One of the bigger things for us will be transportation. I'm thinking the wine trolley will be easiest. Has anyone used them in the past?

I live here in the wine country too. I don't really care for wine (wasted on me, I'm sure) but I've had friends who use a limo to tour the wineries so that might be something to check on. Also, since I don't drink wine, my favorite wineries are the ones that give tours of how they make the wine. The most recent one I went on I can't remember the name of but their cellar is underground in the hillside. AND they also had free chocolate samples. :goodvibes I do remember about 10 years ago going to Sebastiani (I think) which was right in the city of Sonoma so maybe that one you wouldn't even need transportation.

And if you happen to get a chance to see the redwoods, I suggest Armstrong Woods and much prefer it over the more popular Muir Woods. You can park for free in a lot just outside the gate or park inside at a picnic table for a fee. There are plenty of flat, wide walking paths you can take without going for a big hike. We like to go and take some deli sandwiches but you can bring some wine and cheese. :goodvibes

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I ended up booking the wine trolley due to the fact it takes you to a variety of vineyards. Thanks again for all the help everyone:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter