Wine and Dine...to the Finish Line! Fall 2017 TR NEW 1/25 The Last Day - THE END!

Before I continue on...is anyone going to be in WDW from June 9-11 this year (like, two weeks from now)? I have booked myself a last minute SOLO trip for the weekend because Steve's gonna be out of town anyways and I just didn't want to be home alone. But being alone at WDW is definitely more enticing! If you're gonna be around that weekend let me know!
We are at the beach 8-10; will be back sometime the 10th-staying offsite this week til the 17th. What time do you leave the 11th? Not sure if we will hit a park on the 10th (not sure if family will be up for it) but if I can sneak away...
Breakfast Tots: Tater tots, bacon, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, green onion, topped with two fried eggs.
OMG this looks A-Maz-ing. I may have to try to re-create this at home.

Club 33- you DO have the best friends!! Cannot wait to hear the report after the tantalizing tease with the picture...

Lovely day in DLR and you know what? I had an almost identical day about exactly 1 year ago - Club included. It was right up there with V&As! Uh-MAZE-ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about it!!

We rode Escape From Gringott's with the Express Pass and we didn't have to wait long.

That's nice Gringott's is included in Express Pass now! Last time neither of the big HP rides were included. (Luckily Gringott's was a walkup all that day)

I think we only managed to eat a third of the whole donut so we saved it for later. It was worth it though as pictures with giant pink donuts are just so much fun!

Did it taste good though? Most of the time I feel like donuts just don't taste as good as they look, which is super disappointing.

Steve like cannot come to Epcot without getting some Fish n Chips so that's what he ended up getting at Yorkshire County Fish Shop. It was very good!

That's exactly like my brother! He thinks they're the best fish and chips in the world

My outfit (wait everyone travels with Star Wars/Disney clothing, right?):

ABSOLUTELY!

We also went to ride one of my all-time favorites, Hyperspace Mountain!! I couldn't wait to ride this again. Space Mountain with a Star Wars soundtrack?

Yesssss, Hyperspace Mountain is far superior to regular Disneyland Space Mountain and about 8,000 times better than Disney World Space Mountain.

I went on Towmater because it's my sister Chunkysis's favorite ride. She's super excited that the Alien Swirling Saucers are gonna be in Toy Story Land because it's pretty much the same ride system. She would go on Towmater like 3 times in a row and have a joyous time, cracking up more and more each time. I have a fun time watching her from the side and I've even filmed her being tossed around on the ride. Haha.

Chunkysis has great taste! I'm excited about the Alien Swirling Saucers too, but I worry it won't be as much fun without Mater's ridiculous soundtrack. Guess time will tell!

I can't leave DLR without getting a churro! Churro's are so popular here.

So funny you mention that! I always get a churro at Disneyland and know where many of the carts are but I honestly couldn't even tell you where one churro cart is at Disney World... and I don't think I've ever gotten one there. So weird.

is anyone going to be in WDW from June 9-11 this year (like, two weeks from now)?

Well, I'd sure like to be. Does that count?

But being alone at WDW is definitely more enticing!

::yes::

Today I woke up early - surprisingly. After my long night staying out past 1am I thought I would not want to wake up but I think the excitement of today literally woke me up when I had to.

Nothing like Disney to 1. give you a good sleep. 2. get you up early from that good sleep

I did pre-purchase Max Pass

Nice

it is 10 dollars per person per day and includes any photopass pictures that day

didn't know that. Not bad!

made my first FP for...Radiator Springs Racers!! Sooooo freakin' excited.

This was my most favorite ride and so happy to ride again.

It's a great ride. I love it!

Their line is much cooler and has an aviation/airplane hangar theme.

Agree! I much prefer it to Epcot's.

You pay and they give you a number and they bring your food to you.

Nice little perk.

Breakfast Tots: Tater tots, bacon, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, green onion, topped with two fried eggs.

Yum! That looks good.

You can see the lake has been drained and you can see all the equipment they use for World of Color.

Actually... that's kinda cool. Impressive, too.

I had texted Alison (@franandaj) to see if she and Fran were free that day and she said she'd come to the park to watch Paint The Night that evening so we could meet up then, awesome!

Nice! She's great. :goodvibes

On the way, I went to Under the Sea with Ariel as there was only a 5 minute wait. This ride is exactly like the WDW version I think.

Okay, good. I'd missed it and wondered.

I went into Ghiradelli and got my free chocolate. Then I went into Boudin Bakery tour and got my free sourdough slice. I love all these freebies!

What???

Why was I not told about this?!?!?

I used my FP at RSR and I waited about 20 minutes. Much better than the 70 minutes posted.

I kept forgetting to take the picture of the picture and this was one of the few times that I did. I could enter it into my maxpass thing and get the actual picture but this was a bad picture and I didn't want it anyways. Haha.

I was wondering why you didn't do that.

I have a fun time watching her from the side and I've even filmed her being tossed around on the ride.

:laughing:

I can't leave DLR without getting a churro! Churro's are so popular here. There are lines for all the churro carts especially before parades and shows. I never really saw that many churro lines at WDW but here they are everywhere and everyone eats them.

I noticed that too.
I couldn't go anywhere without tripping over a churro cart.

Me: You mean Club 33? In Disneyland?
Friend: Yes
Me (nonchalantly): Oh, that sounds great, yes I can meet you there!

I know you'll have a great time already.
Kay and I had such a wonderful time so I know you will too!

That is so AWESOME!!!!! Cars Land is great and it's hard to beat a stop in the Grand Californian!

It really was a great morning!

Yay I was right with my inkling!! Can't wait to hear all about Club 33!

:)

Awesome selfie!

And Cars Land seems amazing! I really want to see it!

Thanks! It's a really cool land, so much detail!

These are so adorable.

They are so cute! I would have picked them up but dd not.

Wait....WHAT!? Oh my gosh!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yup :) couldn't believe it myself when I heard that my friend is a member!

Holy CRAP!!!!!!! I am soooooo jealous and can't wait to hear ALL about Club 33. Don't leave anything out girlfriend! I want DETAILS!!!!

Haha, I will try to describe it as best I can since the picture policy is quite strict.

Looks like you were having the best morning! Churros really are a huge thing at DL vs at WDW! And I'm with you, Radiator Springs Racers is the BEST!!

It was a fantastic morning...I really love how much you can do in disneyland. I felt like I wasn't doing enough though, since I only had one day and I wanted to do everything, LOL.

Omg i can't wait to hear about Club 33!!!

It was magical :)

What an awesome day. I really need to get back to Disneyland...maybe next year. Beautiful pictures!

thank you! I keep saying I have to go back, I did not know it would be so soon!

Solo time at DCA sounds delightful! Your breakfast looks incredible! Lucky you knew enough to go to the hotel to grab something to eat and then head right back into the park! I am taking notes for my eventual trip...this is so smart!

It was a fantastic morning, the weather was gorgeous.
I liked going into the GC because it was on the way and the White Water Snacks is very close to the entrance to DCA so it wasn't much of a detour. If the security lines are long though, it may not be worth it as you'd spend more time on line getting back into the park!

Literally CANNOT wait to hear about Club 33!!!

Hehe :)

Woohoo! Where are you staying?

POR for one night and then Saratoga Springs for 2 nights.

It is sort of nice, they have groups of 2 characters. So Buzz/Woody, Dug/Russell, and another pair, but I can't remember who! Maybe Mike/Sully?

Oh that is cute! I shoulda known LOL.

I feel the same way; it doesn't feel as organic as photos at WDW!

I thought it was because I didn't know where the photogs were, but I felt like there were fewer of them than at WDW.

We are at the beach 8-10; will be back sometime the 10th-staying offsite this week til the 17th. What time do you leave the 11th? Not sure if we will hit a park on the 10th (not sure if family will be up for it) but if I can sneak away...

I don't leave until the evening - think ME is picking me up at around 6pm. I have the morning in MK and probably the afternoon at AK. Wanna meet up? :)

OMG this looks A-Maz-ing. I may have to try to re-create this at home.

I think it'll be pretty easy to re-create! So tasty!

Club 33- you DO have the best friends!! Cannot wait to hear the report after the tantalizing tease with the picture...

:)

Lovely day in DLR and you know what? I had an almost identical day about exactly 1 year ago - Club included. It was right up there with V&As! Uh-MAZE-ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about it!!

It was amazing!! I only went to the lounge, but gosh, I seriously felt so special!!! It was a dream come true, a dream I didn't even knew I had!

That's nice Gringott's is included in Express Pass now! Last time neither of the big HP rides were included. (Luckily Gringott's was a walkup all that day)

Wow a walk up all day? That's so cool! We had about 45=55 minute waits all day which made the EP definitely worth it!

Did it taste good though? Most of the time I feel like donuts just don't taste as good as they look, which is super disappointing.

It was definitely soft and very sweet. It was ok, it was your typical store-bought yeast donut with a lot of icing. There was no special flavor about it but at least texture-wise it was good, just a lot of it!

That's exactly like my brother! He thinks they're the best fish and chips in the world

Haha, but they are because they are at Epcot. :)

Yesssss, Hyperspace Mountain is far superior to regular Disneyland Space Mountain and about 8,000 times better than Disney World Space Mountain.

100% agree! I don't even go on regular SM at WDW anymore. I don't think my back can take it, hahaha, just like I don't go on the Matterhorn.

I think we might have the same a friend ........... ;)

Hehe, that may be true! ;)

If anyone is interested, I started a PTR for my solo trip in 2 weeks. I have a vague plan but really I'm just going to do what I feel like, although right now I'm kinda overwhelmed with all the options that I CAN do hahaha.

But really, the reason I started the PTR (which will probably become a short TR) is because I wanted to use this trip report title:

SOLO: A Chunkymonkey Story - June 2018

Hope to see you there!

Also hope everyone in the US has a great Memorial Day weekend!

These pics are from 9 years ago over Memorial Day weekend in 2009, which was my very first trip report and post on the DISBoards. It was so long ago!

D_xA-pkSIu5-GESgZ2KdC9l4C_-WeYE3fFwQ0Nb4ns-3lYK6tgfuC9QnktQ14M3mH8886TWt5XiQZO0urgWNKgomMI75063HdppKSYbctTxRBkxCUvagg7hizXzTZDJiHn7YYJncgtCRgk9mVD_0xgq1R9TMOfwqCqrMgrNjF9R-gIQ7tlfAaDZUKKuNkTYmyL7Z1iogHGjvY4a9ta9hPMGbMz_THTzD8NZ5h_HLrU4vlxugOc5yVpzxTtnoJd5zUhdyaS2QuuqdZVeYkGioTTFRohzXQ5Ab0hi3qV_rfj8J3-IxvTJAoI4GNTMtpu_tbFnatJAkPxw8q7uPCvmcr1BzKoSWXkJjLkn4Lh5Cgm2E00Z8t4D5ejF27wyc1AgJSFdynkiOhpShpNDsm7PTBVeieFaiSBKNqZjp5XyZSpSGT-DHwZ3tzXsAWj5MpowX9jY0vqtpoHdhzRS_B2rtazbwuF2cmFNfR4dwJxUlC22vmeak8WQcFUuqs3hs8q8J1gtQtg1bQe1WyuL78Ioza0JNXI7tES1E2E4h_riktSV47CB0W_nUJpfDPCJS4MFd66WQ4uxjKe097ZKlJ709-glwZcNh-K4adkqa4WBK=w478-h637-no

OMG I really need to lose 20 lbs. :sad:

Look Steve was already paying more attention to the hydroponics than me back then!

7SAj_3PmHa-PYCoO2fYrIigegwcp-T5rpX8RCIK4AkvELkO5ggi3xFl7jLEjHO1RIGmvEJ0q2kjO12GG3jfaQ1fUUBZkoNGwXFh5snCAgwvn_WyTBRNVpYW5AyqOBuQtHgtCDgc7fB9_9XGAA2sJbYDsQf3zno0ffRNKrYDce0Zeh5TGVvNHSBfXOEk41zCVgLA9BaTt1KVtbPTx9KkNBZ6b774Ib-QD_xlG2lijMALG06FkaSTS4lYbfacwf8oIiljvucxmxGvCIoG-dbVB-lmNfKOQPnJxfuRviuaSUMXX4kr0ZujQb6rggi9ophP8rtI4yS2QNwx463JwhjvpXa7ATRuYYoQRZEmxBuuoj-r3JKBiJ4b6n-yZy76T-C225MquI2yObHHHy4Efz58KXuxywcOkJqcTVI803ScqSujX6rtpM47nsHxuxoH0We0QPGlH99eHW-gFKvfrHxta648iCBXXn0aHHmmEfKS8khOQsdfjqCjjKQMOonu0PBo6kMTkb1Ul5docTF0qkPGif5YayhcAirS2fzNfwobudt6xxMlG6P_QplvqFQnMLGqaM2pUKQRmqla4W4IxiZXsVAVaA3vezbTcE9a0Cc4=w850-h637-no

Remember the hat?

fg1q6h14Q8gTkz8_fC9ACdkyepkIUm-vznlu1AcJsqdxm7XwN2RCO06DAXRTxBUCbEfZiGfEMRjXzErloywaxhuX0DYeLGOuvXem5EqGlFHDrNDdX0cTX_J9hpuSi-JXX0lEsPvQ6OjLceTGN1mPEXkeCmc_O-moQQHHKfX9blttIiYBqS11ADb5jApiRJFmav0siQnVKG5j2O5HziqwIKR6wVEzI-xud3mZU7563nhh4LMvVaiXfjP_0MMcXkk1yrOcJ-00KpdNM6O3S0JqSulfJZxC3t1QIlBZEe5waPb-CK-cxDz90RUSXPSGF-nyqIEYMfM5c_6U-1fNMWWArTFfc7x86NkqmZMRkBOhyqh5uGrorLKPNNxDpaLzZz4wMOUWWYGHNxE2A931iQINaJSGDbKpV_oqy9W1jHnayS_KcaO2a9wqSYDgQL-LFXPtWDwzQ2FfV8HvTjrfU8Uh4B6vL6Zt__Qvs9W6JF8qWBBTHzc_hBnLI1gBEeWhfE7ughJdRasRC8N2qnwyslnWeuhIMdNR-sUiFysXOSJJHOZLV6jfuL_J4-KXmgjxS73d2Wo9hsUdRDvTVZYAusL5129BIDiuxocee5JbMWM=w478-h637-no

The old Disney Visa character meet and greet:

fv1KnQ41kP21-aQ4EVxGw9UTNb3GX0WGG-AocGWRNESBx00O_turASPzoAoPRgh4zmhTqwcv73xrbU6-Q-z5LdcvZDDIdKibEzymXoxp6luzS4yusVtdSMwMAYZHgvZRIDlubGGmHlAouiAJ5mr7A-VpkPb0flykVLQQXpCoN7HSkpR1YJ_vQeJvr_zYigmVeNYNTvzW9OzN5i7SprK3BQcdwJOwBzpdlXXNRsMMQCFtmZJDUddc8wBRK7RrZUfIrbNZVK82LFTMQnOVldkP2t09GxJxwte7Yes6y2ZF2-BrV_LV-BOFHRGnrgcjyjnaJIwnBoM6Igz7tIkzPQYzC4nfUNmOGwmTn2IBX1ewpVEI--KiEqhpeP8recjAsR5Hxg-7jj4dBLMixdqs8r-uCr91QeHe9JRg8z6ZWM0nfkBoPRH79Ua0dfHAOJd4cJkr9UzyxWs_pdKeert1oDn14FyrqefoM_iCQjKh5CfPAl_5oW9bgrEVi125icCp0U3o7ja00OzD4FdTZdwh0rNlY74uCaYUhSOqVBuT8T5GY9wAYnmLC_QnEJb-o4qqmMIBgLq_Qb_IxSRIe5Puvzh7r61hKU9n4UKgifcVrUMD=w898-h637-no

Wow it feels like so many things have changed at WDW since then, but the feeling is still the same the moment you get there.

Can't wait for my trip 2 weeks from now!

Great memories !

OMG Club 33 - what a once in a lifetime experience ( at least for most of us ) . Can’t wait to read about it .

Love reading about your DL visit, thanks for including it! I want to go so bad, I haven't been since 1994 :scared1: but Steve won't fly that far with Chris since he's a PITA on planes. Well, and everywhere else lol! And so awesome about Club 33!

There are lines for all the churro carts especially before parades and shows. I never really saw that many churro lines at WDW but here they are everywhere and everyone eats them.
I'm not opposed to sugar, dough and cinnamon, and I have had churros before but never at WDW - too many other things I prefer. However I had one over at Universal in Feb. and it was :confused3 I was starving so it did the job but it's not something I need to ever have again. Wonder if they're better in WDW?

Look Steve was already paying more attention to the hydroponics than me back then!

May the Fourth, which should really be a national holiday
Agreed! Why is it not?!

Those who did not know what May the Fourth was (the horror) just thought we were celebrating an early Cinco de Mayo. :laughing:
:rotfl:

He really is the best DH.

Steve always tells me I hit the Jackpot.

This time I actually agreed with him!! :jumping3:

But no one knew I was here at Disneyland. I can totally get them back on Facebook!
Hehe. #chunkymonkeyplots
Ooooh, and we were ALL #jealous :laughing:

My outfit (wait everyone travels with Star Wars/Disney clothing, right?)
Obviously. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

This ride is cute, and so fun! I loved it! I love how you ride half the track indoors and half you're outdoors, which mixes it up. Although in the rain it would suck I guess? Haha.

LOVE THIS!

I AM GOING TO CLUB 33!!!!
Whaaaaaaat!??!?!? :jumping1:

But really, the reason I started the PTR (which will probably become a short TR) is because I wanted to use this trip report titl
EPIC TR title, OMG :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I prefer not to, thank you. :snooty:

Haha, not a hat fan are you?

Great memories !

OMG Club 33 - what a once in a lifetime experience ( at least for most of us ) . Can’t wait to read about it .

Thank you!

It certainly was a once in a lifetime experience!! :jumping3:

Thank you! :-)

Love reading about your DL visit, thanks for including it! I want to go so bad, I haven't been since 1994 :scared1: but Steve won't fly that far with Chris since he's a PITA on planes. Well, and everywhere else lol! And so awesome about Club 33!

Haha, really? It's only a little longer than flying to Orlando...:)
I know...Club 33! Who would have known I'd be going there...I certainly did not!

I'm not opposed to sugar, dough and cinnamon, and I have had churros before but never at WDW - too many other things I prefer. However I had one over at Universal in Feb. and it was :confused3 I was starving so it did the job but it's not something I need to ever have again. Wonder if they're better in WDW?

The churros at WDW are not that great. I got one last time and it was a bit stale, but in DLR, EVERYONE gets churros and the turnover is high so the churros are usually hot, crisp, and fresh!

Agreed! Why is it not?!

I don't know! We have to petition for it! :darth:
Maybe some Jedi mind tricks...

Ooooh, and we were ALL #jealous :laughing:

Haha, not as jealous as I was of you guys!! :rotfl:

LOVE THIS!

Thanks!! Droids are so fun to have around! I totally need one.

Whaaaaaaat!??!?!? :jumping1:

YES!!!! :littleangel:

EPIC TR title, OMG :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm so glad your FIL is already out of hospital and doing well! :grouphug:

Your trip to Napa looked fabulous, so lovely! Have you ever had wines by Skywalker Ranch? We did a wine tasting on the Wonder earlier this month and it was all from Skywalker Ranch. My dh is hooked but alas, the wines are hard to find (and definitely not found at all in Canada).

So jealous of your solo trip to DL!!! And Club 33???? :banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter