Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Oh! I don't do Facebook, so I certainly missed the discussion there. If there was a common way people handled it, I'd love to know and even though it's a little over month later, I'll follow-up using the same way they did.

PS Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't give it away as a gift as I had planned. That would have been very embarrassing.
I found the post. It was actually kind of all over the place if it worked or didn't work. One person is saying they were told that there was a bad batch of cards that didn't work (people tried to activate it and when it didn't work went back to the booth and were given a different one, lots of apologies from the booth person.)

Did they have you stand in a particular spot to take pictures with the characters? If not, were people spending more time than usual hugging and playing with the characters? I'm looking to get as many character pictures as I can during the HM and FM, so I'm curious about the wait times compared to last year when you had to stand on the specified circle.

Characters on course are not like park meet and greets. No playing. No autographs. They want you in and out as fast as possible. You may get the occasional group that has to have 248 different options for who is in the photo, but for the most part it’s literally hustle to the character when it’s your turn, take a pic and run away.

Characters on course are not like park meet and greets. No playing. No autographs. They want you in and out as fast as possible. You may get the occasional group that has to have 248 different options for who is in the photo, but for the most part it’s literally hustle to the character when it’s your turn, take a pic and run away.
The character outside the course are a different story. The ones by the main stage before the race were being too interactive with people.

This is so true! Twice the Photopass photographer snapped the pic so quickly that I barely had time to smile.

Advice if you are only doing cell phone pics and really care about the photo... Check your phone before you exit the area. We had 1 stop where there was no PP and the cast member failed to actually take the picture on our phone!

This is a long thread, so I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but registration for the 2023 Wine and Dine weekend has not been announced yet, correct? I'm new to all the RunDisney stuff and trying to help someone plan a trip for that weekend. I want to make sure we haven't missed anything.

This is a long thread, so I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but registration for the 2023 Wine and Dine weekend has not been announced yet, correct? I'm new to all the RunDisney stuff and trying to help someone plan a trip for that weekend. I want to make sure we haven't missed anything.
No, registration dates for this “season” were announced in February so I would expect the same next year. Those dates are shown below:

CBAA40C0-0C18-4C6F-B5B1-7729E5EBBCAB.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter