Will wearing a maxi dress in the park be practical ?

Shocking Hocking

Mouseketeer
Hi , I'm off to WDW in October also doing Universal and seaworld . I have terrible legs so can't wear shorts ( my DS aged 12 would not let me ) and I'm not what you call petite either LOL . I only have a couple of pairs of linen trousers but have lots of maxi dresses . Do you think they would cause me problems on rides ? I did once get a maxi dress stuck in an airport escalator then in a shopping trolley on the same holiday . Feeling totally fed up with my weight at minute as well , need to start a diet but I always say I will start it Monday and Monday never arrives . Looking in shops but everywhere has winter stuff in . Hate having my photo taken but want to be on this holidays photos : (

For Disney a maxi dress will be fine :goodvibes Seaworld as well although I am not sure about Manta or Kracken if either of those would cause an issue.

Honestly though you will see people of all shapes and sizes wearing shorts as the US is not a small nation and no one bats an eye :goodvibes

Wear what you will be comfortable in - it will be hot and you will do a lot of walking :rotfl2:

For Disney a maxi dress will be fine :goodvibes Seaworld as well although I am not sure about Manta or Kracken if either of those would cause an issue.

Honestly though you will see people of all shapes and sizes wearing shorts as the US is not a small nation and no one bats an eye :goodvibes

Wear what you will be comfortable in - it will be hot and you will do a lot of walking :rotfl2:

Thank you , I'm glad I will be ok in my maxi dresses don't really want to buy new stuff (more to spend when out there ) I just know I will feel comfy in then and not feel conscious when having photos . Will wear my trousers at seaworld let just hope I don't manage to trap or trip up in my dresses LOL

Maxi dresses are probably a lot more dignified than mini dresses for getting in and out of the rides.

Good luck with the weight loss. i lost 4 stone through weight watchers in 2010 and although i have put 1 back on i have kept three off and hope to get rid of the increase before the end of the year. Can't recommend weight watchers enough.

I wore a dress one time at WDW and found that I ended up with horribly chaffed thighs! I had had no problems before with the dress but the walking at WDW of over 10 miles a day in hot, sweaty weather meant I ended up in agony. I tend to stick to 3/4 length trousers now :goodvibes

I wore a maxi dress to the Magic Kingdom last year and had no issues. I'd probably wear it to the other Disney parks too.

Not sure I'd wear one if I was going to US/IOA or Sea World if I planned on riding certain rollercoasters. I'm thinking Manta might not be an ideal ride for dresses.

I'll agree with PP about mini dresses. Nice and cool to wear whilst walking around the parks. Even 'cooler' when flashing your under crackers as you try to exit rides. :goodvibes

Maxi dresses are probably a lot more dignified than mini dresses for getting in and out of the rides.

Good luck with the weight loss. i lost 4 stone through weight watchers in 2010 and although i have put 1 back on i have kept three off and hope to get rid of the increase before the end of the year. Can't recommend weight watchers enough.

Wow that is fantastic , well done you !! I am just not good at sticking to diets . You get to an age where your social life is going out for a nice meal . Going to try hard , had a good first day so far . I did do WW some years ago and had a good weight loss so might have to re join plus going to join a gym . I really think my mini dress days are long gone !!! Have a nice varicose vain that really needs not to be on show LOL

I wore a dress one time at WDW and found that I ended up with horribly chaffed thighs! I had had no problems before with the dress but the walking at WDW of over 10 miles a day in hot, sweaty weather meant I ended up in agony. I tend to stick to 3/4 length trousers now :goodvibes

Oh no thats not good , do you think it will be that hot in October . If I do loose a bit before I go might buy some cropped trousers out there , just got loads of maxi dresses and I have seen a lot of people wearing shorts but really not blessed in the leg department these day : ( I know there will be some sights for sore eyes but its just how I feel in myself and don't want to be a misery on my jollies !!

Sorry guys too much info I know, try using Lanacane anti chaffing gel, it's expensive but fab- I've suffered chaffing thighs in the heat too:hug: and it really works. Boots sell it.

This will be our 4th October in a row.

I wear shorts or 3/4 linen trousers in the day and long skirt or linen trousers at night.

I wouldn't wear shorts out and about at home but have never felt self conscious at disney (i'm an 18/20)

Sorry guys too much info I know, try using Lanacane anti chaffing gel, it's expensive but fab- I've suffered chaffing thighs in the heat too:hug: and it really works. Boots sell it.

In used this every day on our last trip in the Aug heat and humidity and never had a problem! Would definitely recommend it! :thumbsup2

One thing I did notice re maxi dresses was a cultural difference... UK visitors seemed to have no problem wearing them daily, US visitors not so much! I guess with our climate we are more used to wearing them daily, whereas US folks dont seem to choose to wear them like we do.

I got a lot of compliments from Americans over my dresses... I guess fashion is different over there?! It was nice but at night wearing the smarter dresses I almost felt overdressed for a theme park lol.

In used this every day on our last trip in the Aug heat and humidity and never had a problem! Would definitely recommend it! :thumbsup2

I think I'm going to have to get this too!
I have suffered with it since I was about 14! I remember being in Tenerife wearing shirts everyday and I was a tiny size 8 but my thighs still rubbed and came out all over in horrid rash,
We brought aloe gel and it was great!

I'm really looking forward to buying this and hoping it works as some many clothes I take and don't wear due to the painful rubbing :(

You'll be fine. I saw some ladies wearing longer skirts this year. Just remember to hitch it up on a flume otherwise you'll be wet through. You can pull it down before you exit and your DD tells you off :thumbsup2

This year I saw quite a few Muslim visitors and obviously the ladies cover up so you'll be fine

What about talc?
I plan to wear some maxi dresses and summer dresses next month when we go, and have brought a small travel size talc to keep in my hand bag/rucksac.
I'm wondering now whethere to buy some lanacane cream?

The only problem I had last week was this....I wore a maxi dress as we had gone out to dinner before MK, we got caught in the mother of all rainstorms, the bottom of my dress soaked up all of the water and so the dress stretched and got longer and longer heehee. Aside from this I saw quite a number of people in maxi dresses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter