Will this look ok? (Opinions please)

olena

<font color=green>Emerald Angel<br><font color=mag
I love the flagstone stepping stones I have behind my sun room. I want to get some to create another path at the side of my house. I prefer to use red lava rocks by the house. Will the flagstones look bad, when coupled with the flagstones?

stones

rocks

I don't think they will look bad... just not harmonized. The color contrast will be more abrupt and actually provide a more "formal" feel as a consequence.

I think the colours of the flagstone are so nuetral, that the lava rock will dominate. Is that the look you were after, Heather? :)

I need some kind of stepping stone to go with the lava rocks. The stones I find that match are the concrete ones. I want something natural. Usually when I see a walkway using the concrete stones, there's always one that's broken or cracked in half. The flagstone is much sturdier.

Any suggestions on an alternate?

This would involve some work, but what about using a concrete one as a base and then laying a mosaic pattern over it? You can purchase some pretty tiles that go with the color of the lava rock and put them on square or break them into pieces and then fit them together.

Good luck! :) Have you tried placing a flagstone on the lava rock you have around the house now just to see what it would look like?

I just found the stone center website for a local nursery. It looks like they'll have more options than Home Depot. I'll get Chris to take me shopping this weekend...:D

UGH! Went to the nursery today. They had some mice stones....sold only by the pallet! We were hoping to buy 16 and put then in our trunk. We have no truck, so a palette is a bit difficult. I was disheartened. I just may go to Home Depot and buy yucky concrete just to get the deed done...:(

Bummer, Olena.....

Aren't there any places that will sell just the amount you need?

You know, you can dress up "yucky" (lol) concrete. You can add colour to it, or perhaps stamp a design in it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter