Will my son lose his "cast member" status?

kristytru

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
My son just started working at our local disney store. He noticed in his paperwork that his castmember discounts increase after 3 years. He is planning on doing the college program in the Spring. Does that mean when he returns, he is considered a new employee or does the CP count toward his 3 years as an employee?

To get the most accurate answer, I recommend calling Casting at 407-828-1000.

The Disney Store is considered a separate entity under the Disney Umbrella. If he were to transition to the College Program, he would technically have to "quit" the Disney Store before starting his CP, resetting what ever time he has accrued. And time spent while on the College Program does not count towards Union Seniority or years of service with the Company.

Also, as far as Parks and Resorts are concerned discounts increase only for those classified as Part-Time or Full-Time Cast Members after three years of service. Seasonal Cast Members are not eligible. And for those who are Seasonal and transfer to Full or Part Time, their "Clock" doesnt start until the transition is made, the time is not bridged.

Time is bridged for those who have worked for the Company in a Full or Part Time capacity for at least five years, leave voluntarily (not fired or laid off), and then come back. The time is bridged though after five years of consecutive service after rejoining the Company.

To get the most accurate answer, I recommend calling Casting at 407-828-1000.

The Disney Store is considered a separate entity under the Disney Umbrella. If he were to transition to the College Program, he would technically have to "quit" the Disney Store before starting his CP, resetting what ever time he has accrued. And time spent while on the College Program does not count towards Union Seniority or years of service with the Company.

Also, as far as Parks and Resorts are concerned discounts increase only for those classified as Part-Time or Full-Time Cast Members after three years of service. Seasonal Cast Members are not eligible. And for those who are Seasonal and transfer to Full or Part Time, their "Clock" doesnt start until the transition is made, the time is not bridged.

Time is bridged for those who have worked for the Company in a Full or Part Time capacity for at least five years, leave voluntarily (not fired or laid off), and then come back. The time is bridged though after five years of consecutive service after rejoining the Company.

THANK YOU for the clear and detailed answer! I think you covered every one of my questions!:thumbsup2

In my years at TDS, I have seen it go a few ways. I am not talking about getting "credit" for college programs months of work, I have no idea about that. I mean about leaving TDS, doing CP, then returning to TDS. And this was from before the stores were re-bought by Disney.

We had one CM who worked about a year, did CP, came back to TDS, and keep that year of service somehow. But another CM was 2 1/2 years in at TDS, left for CP, and had to start all over again working for that 3 year discount increase...... and CM #2 called and begged, and pleaded, but got nowhere, I felt bad for her. But that seems to be correct. Not sure how CM #1 managed it.

But if OPs son has only 6 months in at TDS before leaving, that is less of a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter