Will my purple cone flower ever grow?

faith

DIS Veteran
Michigan weather has been really cold and damp until a few days ago. My purple cone flower plant is the same size as the day I planted them.(My daughter bought me three for Mother's Day). Two are in the sun, one mostly shade. Do they get the tall flowers later in the summer? Right now there are just some leaves. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!:D

Hi Faith, I not sure about the weather Michigan been having, but if it's anything like the weather we've been having in Mass. Everything is behind. We have had 6 weeks of cold, cloudy, rainy miserable weather. The only good thing about it is the plants have had a good opportunity to establish a good root system. (thats if they haven't rotted)

The cone flower is a summer flowering plant. Some of mine are just starting to produce buds. Once the weather changes your plant should take off. The first year they can be a little slow growing. I would feed then with a little blood meal. Scratch it into the soil around the plant this will get it moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter