Will it work to use Dark Transfer paper even on a white shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodeeluvsdisney

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if it will look OK to use the dark transfer paper for my design on a white t-shirt...I didn't want to have to go out and buy the transfer paper for light fabric if I didn't have to!

Anyone have any experience with this??

TIA!!

Yes, it works fine on the white / light shirts. I prefer using dark transfer paper for all my t-shirts because I think it holds up better than the light transfer paper. The main difference is that on the light transfer paper any white in the design is actually transparent. The dark transfer paper, white is actually white.

I was just going to ask the SAME question!!! Thank you for answering it! I will definetely use dark transfer paper!!!

Shannon

P4220058.jpg
[/IMG]
dark transfer on cream colored T

P4190050.jpg
[/IMG]
dark transfer on white T - note if I hadn't cut out around the Princess's skirt, it would have shown up all white on the T (similar to the next photo)

P4120007.jpg
[/IMG]
dark transfer on light pink colored T - note all the white space on the dark transfer shows up as white on the T

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND - PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE DETAIL ON THIS ONE....
f82b49aa.jpg
[/IMG]
dark transfer on light gray colored golf shirt

note the WHITE in the gap between Tigger's back and the Mickey head? Remember, WHATEVER you see as white is going to BE WHITE on the shirt, too (whereas with a light transfer it will be the color of the shirt itself). So if I was using a light transfer for the Tigger/Mickey Head, you would see GRAY in between Tigger and the Mickey head instead of white (it would have blended in better). I hope I expressed that concept clearly enough here!

Yes, it works fine on the white / light shirts. I prefer using dark transfer paper for all my t-shirts because I think it holds up better than the light transfer paper. The main difference is that on the light transfer paper any white in the design is actually transparent. The dark transfer paper, white is actually white.

I agree with the above statement. I have used the paper for light colors and it does not hold up well at all. I made t-shirts for the family when my son was over in Iraq and used the light paper. after the first wash it looked as though it had been washed many times. I then made one for myself with my grandbaby on it with the dark paper at it still looks great after 3 years.

Hello, I have a problem with dark transfer paper (Blue Grid). With heat press and medium pressure, I use 350 Degrees Fahrenheit and 10 seconds. sometimes I use variations of temperature: from 350 to 380 and time: from 5 to 20.

I have a T-shirt printing/transferring production workshop.

Almost always the image looks great after the heat press. great colors and great clarity/sharpness. Just fine.

But after a day or two, the image gets blurry - like a Photoshop filter - Gaussian Blur. It happens all the time. Always. The T-shirt just stays in the room, no washing, no extreme conditions, just normally lays on the table for a day. Sometimes two-three days, and the image gets blurry. Very blurry.

I don't know what's wrong, what am I doing wrong? The White T-shirt printing and transferring has no problems at all, but when I print for dark T-shirts, this happens.

Maybe the printer ink is low quality? but if it is low quality, then white T-shirts would have the same problem too, right? Maybe the "BlueGrid" paper is low quality? Please help.

Buy high quality iron-ons! I have always had great success with Amy's dark transfers on white or colored t-shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter