Will I have a problem taking my pills with me?

XTinabell

DIS Veteran
Unfortunately I just got a nasty cold and flu and was put on medication today that I have to take 4 times a day so I'll need to take my meds with me into the park(my trip is next week). I know Disneyland does a bag check but they're just checking to make sure I'm not bringing in food right? Will I have any problems bringing in my pills?
I sound like an old fart, lol. I'm only 23, it hurts to get old.

They've never even cared about food, as far as I can tell. I thought they just looked for weapons. Pills should be fine.

Actually, they're not even really looking for weapons (though they'll certainly do something if they spot them). It's glass containers and alcohol that they're really looking for. But, yes, you'll be fine with the pills. I bring stuff like that all the time in a ziplock bag.

We have always brought water bottles and sippy cups for our boys. Never had a problem. I would just make sure it is not in a glass container or alcohol.

kuusimo said:
We have always brought water bottles and sippy cups for our boys. Never had a problem. I would just make sure it is not in a glass container or alcohol.

Oh! That's great! Thanks for letting me know!

kuusimo said:

I'm so glad to hear this, I was thinking we'd have to buy water bottles in the park and I heard they're quite expensive.

iceskatejen said:
Actually, they're not even really looking for weapons (though they'll certainly do something if they spot them). It's glass containers and alcohol that they're really looking for. But, yes, you'll be fine with the pills. I bring stuff like that all the time in a ziplock bag.

Thanks! I didn't think it would be a problem but I thought I would check to see if anyone has had any trouble.

XTinabell said:
I'm so glad to hear this, I was thinking we'd have to buy water bottles in the park and I heard they're quite expensive.

bottled water is $2.75 :)
there is lots and lots of drinking fountains though.

You are definitely fine bringing in pills. I brought some tylenol in during my last trip.

Albort said:
If not, First aid always has medication for you for free :)

Yep, got to know some of the nurses this past trip. I was constantly in First Aid getting acetaminophen and refilling my water bottle.

Yeah dont ever worry about the pills. You will be fine. They cant take away something that could risk your life such as a pill. They only look for weapons.

Im 23 as well, I feel you! LOL! I took in bottles of Advil, tylenol, and personal meds, and mom brought in her stomach pills and they were never taken away from us.

I even took in my own soda and water. The guy said they only look for the stuff the airlines banned. But he never said anything about the liquids.

You will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter