will I be charged a snack credit for mickey straw at BOG?

akayf

Mouseketeer
I placed our preorder for BOG. Entrees and drinks for QS meal. cupcakes and a soup which I know are QS snacks. I also ordered 2 mickey straws for the kids since they would get a kick out of them. These aren't considered snack items, right? I planned on paying $2 cash for them and don't want to waste a snack credit on something dumb like a straw.

Non-food items are specifically excluded from dining plan credit eligibility. I'm not sure how it would work at BOG since they also state that they can't split payment for a preorder. Maybe you'll have to pay for the entire order. . .or cancel the preorder and order in person.

I've haven't used the regular dining plan since 2015 and didn't realize a dessert doesn't come with QS anymore. I have a reservation at BOG for lunch, so does that mean the cupcake that I ordered will be a snack credit? I'm assuming it will.

I've haven't used the regular dining plan since 2015 and didn't realize a dessert doesn't come with QS anymore. I have a reservation at BOG for lunch, so does that mean the cupcake that I ordered will be a snack credit? I'm assuming it will.

You are correct. If you leave your pre-order as is, the cupcake will use one of your snack credits. If you don't want to use a snack credit, you may want to take it off and then add it at the restaurant. I'm not positive, but I think at the point of sale you can pay OOP for that cupcake instead of using a snack credit, but if you leave it on your pre-order, you will have to use DDP to pay for all of it.

If you ordered a lemonade slush from CHH you'd get a mickey straw included. Just something to keep in mind if you wanted to save a buck or two if your kids like slushes.

You are correct. If you leave your pre-order as is, the cupcake will use one of your snack credits. If you don't want to use a snack credit, you may want to take it off and then add it at the restaurant. I'm not positive, but I think at the point of sale you can pay OOP for that cupcake instead of using a snack credit, but if you leave it on your pre-order, you will have to use DDP to pay for all of it.
Thank you! I always felt like I didn't need a dessert with my QS and then another one with my TS meal all in one day, BUT I love the cupcakes at BOG. I think I will pay OOP if I decide to have one. Thank you again! :-)

Can you upgrade the basic dining plan to the deluxe plan? if yes how do i go about doing this?

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!