Wilderness Lodge

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
OK we just changed from CBR to WL. Can you tell me all about this resort??? Our 'cast' is:

Me (the mommy)
DH
DS
Grandmom
Grandpop
Great-grandmom
Best friend

We have 3 rooms booked.

Our son will be one when we go. Can you take the boat to the Contemporary to hop the monorail to Epcot????????

You picked my favorite resort. You can take the boat to either MK or the Contemporary to make connections to Epcot. To me it is the best combination of decor, theming, architecture and value anywhere at WDW.

I'd LOVE some info and opinions on WL as well. We are thinking of staying there if no AP rates come out for October. How is the conceirge?? Any particular "good" rooms??
I'll take any info I can get!!!

Thanks!

Laura

DW and I have stayed there 6 times. We like the rooms on the north side of the building so you can watch the fireworks at MK from the balcony.

We love the woods/forest feel of the place. We would love to live in a log cabin some day:)

The resort is wonderful. You feel that you are miles away from everything when actually you are very close to MK. It is the only place DW and I care to stay. Are there any particular questions you have? Also, there is a thread of 147 pages of WL discussion if you have time. If not I will try to answer what I can.

That's the thread I've been looking for!!!I'll keep looking when the boss isn't around!!!!

Glad to hear you love it. I heard some negative things about it and this is restoring my faith!!!

Laura

negative things about the Wilderness Lodge? I can't hardly beleive that. Maybe neutral but not negative ;o). You'll have a wonderful time. WE are going there for 6 nites in 12 days, then on to BC conceriegs for 3. Can't wait!

I love the WL, it is my favorite resort. You'll enjoy the out of the way feel to the place!! Yes, you can take the boat to the Comtemporary to take the monorail to Epcot, but I ask why? I see you are traveling with an infant is this so you won't have to take him out of the stroller? You have to take children out of their strollers to get on the boat that runs between the WL and the CR, it's a much smaller boat. Also, that way probably could take you an hour. If you have to wait for the boat 20 - 30 minutes depending if FW or CR is the next stop, wait for the monorail TWICE, easily could be 30 or 40 minutes there. If you just go to the bus stop, you're talking probably not more than 30 minutes to get to Epcot. If you're just doing it to ride the monorail there, be prepared for a long trip.

I do have a few questions about Wilderness Lodge.

1. What woods view rooms are best? I requested the wing that faces the MK and I also requested to be on an upper floor. I'd like a full balcony that's not the closed off kind.

2. Are there king bed rooms that are NOT for the disabled? (Meaning, it would have a tub so we can bathe the little one).

3. Are there any fountains by the kiddie pool?

4. What is Roaring Forks like? Is it bigger than the Polynesian's Captain Cook's? (That place was tiny!)

5. Does the bus still go from WL to the Polynesian then on to the GF?

6. Is Whispering Canyon Cafe a good place for dinner?

7. Are the refillable mugs available here?

8. How is the view of the Electric Water Pagaent?

9. Do they have real cribs or the pack-n-plays?

10. Anyone know if there's a room service menu I can look at on-line? (I'm going to go check out Deb's site).

Thanks! I'm really excited to be staying at WL!!!!!!

I'll give a stab on your questions:

1. The enclosed balconies are are located on the 6th floor, so request lower than the 6th floor.

2. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

3. No, fountains, just the kiddie pool. It's about 1 1/2 ft deep.

4. It's actually smaller, with a smaller selection, IMO. There is a little more seating, but not much more than Captain Cooks.

5. No, it depends on the park and time of day. Sometimes they go onto FW and then onto the parks, sometimes they only stop at the GF. I can't remember the specifics, but I do know they share the bus with the GF for AK. I think they have their own bus for MGM and I can't remember about Epcot.

6. I LOVE Whispering Canyon Cafe. Lots of noise and antics so a GREAT place to take a baby, they can complain somewhat and not even be noticed. It's definately worth a stop IMO.

7. Yes, there are two sizes available like all the other resorts, refills are available at Roaring Forks only.

8. Excellent, just go down to the beach area and the water pagent stops right in front at 9:45 every night.

9. WDW doesn't provide any full size cribs at any resort. You'll get a pack'n play or if you ask a small wooden crib. It's raised off the floor like a crib, but the same size as a pack 'n play. With the mattress lowered, rather difficult to get children in/out. IF you really want a true full size crib, visit www.abbf.com They rent full size cribs and will deliver to on-site WDW resorts.

10. The menu for Miss Jenny's in-room dining is available at Deb's site. http://wdwig.com/menu/men_wlir.htm

We stayed in a King room in 1995, my memory may be fuzzy, but I'm almost positive it was a tub/shower combination. You will love the Wilderness Lodge!!

I think Jelo511 answered most of your questions, but on the buses, last summer they only shared with FW. The lodge is under "new" Disney management and they made this change last year. You may occasionally go somewhere different since they have the ability to reroute a bus at any given time but you should only share with FW unless this has chaged recently.

And Whispering Canyon is great, just make sure you ask for ketchup!

How do I get from the WL to the International Gateway at Epcot? We're having a family portraits session and must meet the photographer at 9am. We will have a car. Do we park at another disney hotel (can we do that?), such as BC, BW, Swan and ride a boat over? My DH sweats profusely and the less he walks the better our pictures will look. Thanks for any help!

Honeychild - you can drive to the BW and valet park for $6 (or free if you are a dvc member), plus a tip, but I think it would be worth it to keep DH looking good (I perspire very much, too, in the Florida humidity) - you could sit briefly in the BW lobby to cool down, and then walk out back and take the boat from the dock right there on the BW over to EPCOT (the back entrance) - that should work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter