Wilderness Lodge - Last Week August - Anyone Going?

proteus

DIS Veteran
I was fine until about 20 days ago :(. I hate this time of year, the waiting is excruciating. Disney fever is in full bloom now, nothing I can do.

This is my first time at the WL and I know I will love it there. 40 days to go! Tick tock...

We'll be there the first week of August for a first time at WL!!! We can't wait:cool1: --did you guys get free dining?

Free dining was an offer for Disney Visa card holders. I don't have it as I didn't get my Disney Visa card until after I booked our vacation. Maybe in the future.

We're there on a Magic Your Way package plus Dining. Table service during our trip was nearly impossible to book because of the free dining promotion. We were only able to book one restaurant from our original plan and missed out completely on character dining. I spent an hour on the phone with a CM sitting at a computer. I sure wish Disney would put dining reservations online!

We'll be in a courtyard view bunkbed room August 21-29. I planned our trip around the availability of free United Mileage Plus airfare. We're flying in from San Francisco and arrive about 9:45 PM. My 5 year-old son is counting down the days...

Martin

Free Dining isn't just for Disney Visa holders. It was offered to them first, then the general public a few days later in April. The deadline for booking was June 22nd, I believe.

Free Dining isn't just for Disney Visa holders. It was offered to them first, then the general public a few days later in April. The deadline for booking was June 22nd, I believe.

I did not realize that...

We booked the DDK discounted package rate which saved us $720. Free dining would have only saved us about $430 for the eligible portion of our stay.

Looks like we got the better deal...

Martin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter