Wilderness Lodge Door Decorations?

mickeystoontown

DIS Veteran
I'm not really sure this is the correct place to post this question so if it's not I am sure the moderators will move it for me.

We decorated our window and door at the CBR. I just used magnets and tape and they were easy to remove (and left no markings).

How do you guys decorate your Wilderness Lodge doors? Any pics?

No, I think that is a little tacky and detracts from the beauty and themeing of the resort. Decorate the inside if that is a big deal but don't subject everyone else.

I agree. It seems to be the thing to do at some of the values, but I have never seen it done at the deluxes.

That's exactly what I was wondering. I didn't go overboard at the CBR 'cause I think it's a bit tacky if you do too much.

What? Tacky? No way. I'm going to totally disagree here. If you want to decorate your door, do it. Why should anyone label the guest mentality just because of the price they are paying for a room? It costs a heck of a lot more to go on a Disney cruise and there are door decorations everyone on those.

I can't imagine a guest in a deluxe would sneer at "The Smith Family from Hometown USA" who had that on their door. I would hope that those guests would say "Good mornng Smith Family from Hometown USA!"

I too couldn't disagree more.

In fact, we actually like seeing people's personal touches around the resort; just like we enjoy seeing people wear home made personalized t-shirts.

Guests at FW go all out around Christmas time with their decorations and inflatables; it's worth a detour trip from the parks to see and enjoy! Guests on the DCL often decorate their doors as well, everyone from inside cabins to family suites!

As someone who's walked past decorated doors at values, moderates, and deluxes, we can't help but stop and smile. Besides, no one is forcing me to look and frankly those interior hallways get rather boring after a while.

People at the deluxe resorts seem to use scotch tape and that holds up well.

I too couldn't disagree more.

In fact, we actually like seeing people's personal touches around the resort; just like we enjoy seeing people wear home made personalized t-shirts.

Guests at FW go all out around Christmas time with their decorations and inflatables; it's worth a detour trip from the parks to see and enjoy! Guests on the DCL often decorate their doors as well, everyone from inside cabins to family suites!

As someone who's walked past decorated doors at values, moderates, and deluxes, we can't help but stop and smile. Besides, no one is forcing me to look and frankly those interior hallways get rather boring after a while.

People at the deluxe resorts seem to use scotch tape and that holds up well.

I had a ball decorating my window at the CBR last year. I think folks enjoys checking my window out (I even caught a few folks looking). Maybe it's a value/moderate thing! Who knows? But if it's done in good taste, it can be real cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter