Wilderness Lodge Cubs Den?

Tinkrbell

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting in Oct. and wanted to catch some of the Food and Wine Festival, we don't think our kids would like this, so we were wondering about the Cubs Den.

If anyone has any experience with putting their kids in there please let me know if its OK, and if the kids liked it.

Thanks.

Hi
I went to WL this past April with 2 friends and my 4yo DD. We decided to have a nice, peaceful meal in the hotel bar so we checked out the Cubs Den. I was nervous, never having done anything like this before but the staff was great and made my DD feel comfortable right away. I left them my cell phone number and called twice to check on her. She had dinner, a snack, played computer games, colored with a very nice 9yo girl, watched a movie and made a craft. She wanted to go back the next night. I would have felt better if she had a sibling to go with, but she had a great time and we got to relax for a couple of hours.
Enjoy the Food Festival. It is wonderful.

The cubs den is wonderful. As I have said in other posts, My two children think this is another Disney attraction.

Just another opinion...

We've been taking our kids to the Food & Wine Festival since they were 5 & 2. They are now 11 & 8 and will eat almost any food you put in front of them. They love trying things from each booth and collecting the recipes for each food. The first time we went the rule was that they had to take one bite of everything but they didn't have to take a second bite of anything. They ended up liking all but one thing and since then will try anything.

The Cub's Den is a great kids' club and my two kids loved their stay there. We felt the staff - child ratio was good and the kids enjoyed all of the activities. They stayed there several years ago when the cost was much less. They have since raised the prices to $10 per child/per hour which I think is outrageous so we don't do the kids' clubs anymore.

Just another opinion.

Thanks for the replys.

I thought about bringing them to the F&W fest. but was concerned with how the event may be set up. I have been to food fests before, at home, and its just an awful lot of LONG lines.

Making the kids wait in lines with crowds all around us makes me nervous. If my 3yo active boy tries to run off, it will probably only make dh mad and want to leave.

If the event is set up differently, please let me know. Unfortunatly, we won't be there long enough for me to "check it out" before hand and then decide. We are only taking a week off and have only 4 short days at WDW.

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter