Wild Animal park-how much time?

mickey+minnie91

Mouseketeer
Hi! How much time should we allow to tour the park? Is a half day enough. We plan on getting there when it opens. I dont know anything about the park. Is there alot of walking? lots to see? any details would be great!

Hi - I assume you are talking about Animal Kingdom? It really depends on what you like to do. If it is your first visit, I would take a whole day. Walking around looking at the animals takes awhile if that is something you would be interested in. We usually bypass that now.
Our favorite rides are Dinosaur and the Rapids ride. Warning - if you go on the Rapids ride, you may get completely soaked, so be prepared for that. The safari ride is pretty long - a nice break off your feet. The Flights of Wonder bird show is very good for people of all ages - that is something else I wouldn't miss - we were pleasantly surprised. Last trip, we also saw the bug movie inside the tree - I think it is called "A Bugs Life". We enjoyed that a lot.
We usually don't take in any of the shows (Nemo, Lion King) and we haven't been brave enough yet to ride Expedition Everest, although I swear that I will every trip. I guess I am waiting for the Yeti to get fixed first!
We also have never taken the train to Rafki's Planet Watch, but I don't think I am missing much there, just my opinion.

I was thinking the San Diego Wild Animal Park... if that's the one here's my two cents...

TOTALLY invest in at least one "tour" ride. We did the African Safari Train - it was delightful. The walk from the entrance to get on that train is probably 1/2 of a mile or so, totally guessing. There is quite a lot to see, and it is a B.I.G. place, take a stroller if you have little ones.

There is also a little splash pad place for kids to play and cool off.

The Safari Train tickets let you ride the "train" as many times as you wish on that day, but you have to go through the line each time. The actual train ride is about 30 minutes. I TOTALLY would have ridden it at least twice if my kids were cooperating.

We went the day after doing 4 days of Disneyland, and the kids were tired and not really jazzed up about walking to see more animals. I think we spent a total of 3 hours there, though if the kids were rested we easily could have spent another 2.

Thank you! And sorry I called it the wrong name. Old habits :) I will be planning it out and string there when it opens. I don't want to be to far from the ocean in the heat of the day. We are going in July. I can't wait because I'm curious about it. My kids I don't think are as excited. I'm hoping they change their mind. The fact it was a groupon helps that if they don't like it , we didn't spend much

Thank you! And sorry I called it the wrong name. Old habits :) I will be planning it out and string there when it opens. I don't want to be to far from the ocean in the heat of the day. We are going in July. I can't wait because I'm curious about it. My kids I don't think are as excited. I'm hoping they change their mind. The fact it was a groupon helps that if they don't like it , we didn't spend much

Oh you got that groupon?? Great deal!! I like the Safari Park! I work at the zoo so when I have people visiting town I'll actually go there instead for a change of scenery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter