• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is PB less expensive than RPR or HRH?

Antonia

DIS Veteran
For our dates, the PB is cheaper than RPR and/or HRH. I thought this was more deluxe so it does not make sense to me that a 500 sq ft room is less than one that is 335 sq ft. What's up with that?

Is it maybe a standard room at PBH vs. Club level at the other 2? Otherwise it doesn't seem possible...

i agree with highlander. If the demand is lower for PBH, and the rooms are not filling, they will discount them to fill them. They did that when i was there spring break time. My deluxe room at PBH was cheaper than a standard at either of the two other hotels for the same timeframe by a large margin.

I have never seen cheaper prices at PBR then RPR.Iwould jump on it if you can.WOW what a break.

It's strange, but true - standard rooms at RPR and HRH are higher than garden view adn bay view at PB for my dates.

I guess shpedly is right - supply and demand.

I have found that to be true also. I have been looking at 4 days in the middle of July and the PBH has been consistently cheaper than the others.

Out of curiousity what are the dates and prices you guys are getting?

I didn't think this sounded right. Hotels routinely let very expensive rooms sit empty rather than just discounting them. Otherwise everyone would wait and book at the last minute...

I went to the Loews site and entered the following dates:
July 3 - July 10

RPR: MANY room types available, including:

$219/night Standard room, 2Queen beds with the Stay 4, Play Free package;
$229/night Standard room, 2 Queen beds with the Bed and Breakfast package;
$219 Standard room, Seasonal rate ("Rack rate")

HRH: only 3 choices came up, including:

$359/night Club Level, Seasonal rate
$309/night Deluxe room, Seasonal rate

PBH: Many rooms came up:

$269/night, Garden (standard) room, Seasonal rate;
$279/night, Garden room, B&B rate;
$289/night, Bay View, seasonal rate;
$309/night, Deluxe room, Seasonal rate
$369/night, Club level

So you can see that the standard room at RPR is $50 less per night than the standard room at PBH. HRH simply has no standard rooms available for my dates... Also, if I were actually traveling on those dates, it would cost me more to get a room at HRH than to get the least expensive room available at PBH. Whew!!

This is what I found:

RPR (with annual passholder discount)

standard $197
water view $224

HRH (seasonal rate - no ap rate available)
garden view $249
poolview $269

PB garden view $188
bay view $202

HRH is out of my range and with PB being less expensive than RPR and with 475 aquare foot rooms we booked PB.

what dates are you using to come up with these rates?

What about using other codes...can you use AAA or FAN club?

RPR w/FAN
164 standard
187 waterview

w/AAA
175 standard
199 water

HRH w/AAA
199.20 garden
215.20 pool

PR w/FAN
202 garden
217 Bay

w/AAA
215 garden
231 Bay

Looks like they're only discounting the RP standard rooms by 10% for APH, while they're discounting the PBH rooms by 30% for APH! Guess that's similar to how Disney does it - the real bargains are on the deluxes!
When I plugged in my dates, etc. I gave no codes, etc. I booked my actual dates with the APH code and saved about $500. All I have to do now is buy the AP for about $180. Works for me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter