Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

I quit smoking.
Amazing! Congratulation! :yay::dogdance::cool1::cheer2::banana:party:

Quick story--my DS is in medical school. When he was in college he was taking a course and the guy who worked on the development of chantix came and spoke to his class. My DS was very impressed with him and how successful chantix is in helping people kick the habit!!!

So I have a memory like a sieve. Not sure what you and DH do for work. Guess it's flexible if you have a variety of places you can move. I'll throw in another vote for GA along with @Pluto0809! We have property in GA so we will probably be moving there in the next few years. Northern VA traffic is horrible, and I don't care much for snow so I'm ready to move south!

Congrats on quitting smoking!!!

I live in Alabama but i actually put a vote in for Tennessee. I love Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Nashville. I visit Atlanta often because it's only an hour and a half from me but the traffic Just no.

I'll throw in another vote for GA along with @Pluto0809!

:dogdance:

I visit Atlanta often because it's only an hour and a half from me but the traffic Just no.

That is true, traffic can be a bear here. I'm lucky to live north of the city and my work is even further north so I go against the flow. My husband goes south but he just gets up early and starts work about 6 am. He's lucky to have flexible hours.

I usually just lurk, but I wanted to congratulate you on quitting smoking! I know it can be incredibly difficult, and the fact that you're doing so well is amazing.

I quit smoking.
Congratulations! That is huge. I hope that you will be able to quit for life. :)

ya know it was my BIRTHDAY weekend!!
Happy Birthday. It was gorgeous weather this past weekend, wasn't it?

wish i could tell you where we are moving.. but sadly we have no idea.
We were talking to a family on our Disney bus who had moved away from our area about seven years ago. They moved to Nashville and loved it there. The property taxes are minuscule. They have a high sales tax but no state income tax. The subdivision that they are in is filled with families from other states. No one laughs at their Chicago accent. (yes, I asked them that question) They said that there wasn't as much to do there as in Chicago, but it was a growing area and it was easy to drive to other states from there.

I've still been missing around here but I had a couple of minutes to pop on here and wanted to see how you were doing!??! Not so much that I had a couple of minutes, more like I can't focus to save my life today, I'm working from home, and logging off in 15 minutes. So no point to trying to start something new!!!!!!!! Plus, I miss you. :hug:

Hello!
I am so sorry for the disappearing act. but life.

BUT i have AMAZING NEWS.

I quit smoking.

I miss having time to be on here......... OMG how exciting is this to see! I'm so happy for you. How are you feeling?

I have a few things still to catch up on around here since i took a nice long weekend this past weekend i deserved it... ya know it was my BIRTHDAY weekend!! Today i am back and it sucks. I will tell you all about it SOON hopefully tomorrow.

my main focus is DISNEY IN 5 months and MOVING in a year and a half.. wish i could tell you where we are moving.. but sadly we have no idea.

Florida is out.

Ky- Tenn- possibly NC or SC

just looking!

Happy belated birthday! (Can't remember if I wished it on FB or not... I'm the worst FB-er ever. Almost as bad of a DIS-er as I am.)

Move to New England!! New Hampshire? Maine? I'd say Massachusetts but I want to leave this state so can't say I recommend it, too darn expensive.

Was trying to figure out my days for September (I keep changing them) and if our plans line up at all. I'll have to come back to this! I keep switching park days around.

Hello!
I am so sorry for the disappearing act. but life.

BUT i have AMAZING NEWS.

I quit smoking.

AWESOME!! Well done, I'm so proud of you!! :worship::dogdance::cheer2::banana::jumping1::jumping2::jumping3:party:

I have a few things still to catch up on around here since i took a nice long weekend this past weekend i deserved it... ya know it was my BIRTHDAY weekend!! Today i am back and it sucks. I will tell you all about it SOON hopefully tomorrow.

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.:bday::cake:

MO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very, very excited and happy for you. Way to go. I don't know if I told you this or not, but my former boss, who I worked for over 25 years for, quit smoking with Chantix after smoking for over 40 years. He never picked up another cigarette until his death a couple of years ago. So proud of you. Hang in there, and keep up with the gym. I am not a gym person, and after 2 failed attempts at a gym, I am doing pretty good with DVDs at home and walking my very hilly neighborhood.

Cannot wait to see you and your family land; I have heard nothing but good things about any of those states, but especially Tennessee.

Cannot wait to hear more Disney plans!!!

I was so far behind on this, but I did see you managed to get reservations for 14 people without too much difficulty - that makes me so happy! Our trip next January was originally just my fiance and I, but then we decided why not get married while we're there, so now I'm trying to plan a trip for 20 people o_O Here's hoping I have the same luck you did making your reservations!

Far behind! After my hiatus i am sure your back up to speed? I hope so!!!

Great bucket list choices! Haha, I laughed at the boys answer to wanting a party instead of a road trip! If they only knew what they were actually doing for their birthday...

Thanks!
These boys are nuts... i think they are figuring it out...

my Disney wedding

I better see tons of pictures on your disney wedding!!!

Great response from your kids! They know what's up!

They are total Disney freaks just like M°O°M!

That's fantastic! Good for you!

thank you.

Yay! So proud of you, I knew you could do it. Think about all the extra Disney time you will have now that you don't have to run from one side of the park to the other looking for the DSAs. This deserves a few dancing men.

So.... yeah..... i did it.
I feel like crap! another reason i have stayed away from a lot of people.. CRABBY for sure.
LOL! i would only stop if one was close. Seeing the maps now looks like they cut even more out. so that WOULD mean running to the other side of the park to smoke.. I am tired of being a slave to the cravings.
I have 3 triggers.
1- driving
2- working - to smoke gave me an excuse to walk out of the front office
3- sitting outside.

I need to stay busy..
you can send some dance men over to remedy this...

No GA? Something wrong with my State? :rotfl2: I will be happy with Tenn or SC. Both are fairly close to me. ::yes::

umm No you don't have peaches like advertised.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! And I hope you had a great birthday. So, you aren't even considering Oregon?

THANK YOU!

It was an excellent birthday thank you!

Consider Oregon...

nope.. want to move CLOSER to the Magic not farther! LOL...

Amazing! Congratulation!

Thank you!!

Quick story--my DS is in medical school. When he was in college he was taking a course and the guy who worked on the development of chantix came and spoke to his class. My DS was very impressed with him and how successful chantix is in helping people kick the habit!!!

I don't know what is in that pill but it does WONDERS for people who are sadly a slave to a cigarette! It really breaks whatever bond it has in the brain!!

So I have a memory like a sieve. Not sure what you and DH do for work. Guess it's flexible if you have a variety of places you can move. I'll throw in another vote for GA along with @Pluto0809! We have property in GA so we will probably be moving there in the next few years. Northern VA traffic is horrible, and I don't care much for snow so I'm ready to move south!

i work for the city of chicago - teach dog obedience and a retail job my husband works for an office equipment stuff
so yes we can go pretty much anywhere!!! YAY!

Congrats on quitting smoking!!!

thanks!!!

I live in Alabama but i actually put a vote in for Tennessee. I love Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Nashville. I visit Atlanta often because it's only an hour and a half from me but the traffic Just no.

Living in Chicago.. I understand traffic. that's not a deal breaker.
The more and more research i do the more it's looking like Tenn..

That is true, traffic can be a bear here. I'm lucky to live north of the city and my work is even further north so I go against the flow. My husband goes south but he just gets up early and starts work about 6 am. He's lucky to have flexible hours.

it's can't be any worse then Chicago. Not going to lie i did see a few homes north Georgia that are beautiful.... so i am not totally opposed to Georgia... i guess.
I want flexable hours... LOL...

I usually just lurk, but I wanted to congratulate you on quitting smoking! I know it can be incredibly difficult, and the fact that you're doing so well is amazing.

Well Hello and a HUGE THANK YOU!
Thank you so very much for reading along.. I am sorry i have been away but this pesky thing call a job needed my attention.
i hate that.

Congratulations! That is huge. I hope that you will be able to quit for life. :)

Thank you Sue!!
I think so.. i really don't like them anymore!

Happy Birthday. It was gorgeous weather this past weekend, wasn't it?

Well i am going to assume the memorial weekend and yes it was BEAUTIFUL! this past weekend was icky hot. Blah.

We were talking to a family on our Disney bus who had moved away from our area about seven years ago. They moved to Nashville and loved it there. The property taxes are minuscule. They have a high sales tax but no state income tax. The subdivision that they are in is filled with families from other states. No one laughs at their Chicago accent. (yes, I asked them that question) They said that there wasn't as much to do there as in Chicago, but it was a growing area and it was easy to drive to other states from there.

HA HA! Laugh at OUR CHICAGO ACCENT? we ain't gots one.
I cannot wait. Seriously cannot wait to be able to sit in front of the house and not hear sirens or thumping of a car, gun shots

Mo! Congrats on quitting smoking! I knew you could do it.

Thanks Tess!!! Nice to 'see' you here! I've missed you!

I've still been missing around here but I had a couple of minutes to pop on here and wanted to see how you were doing!??! Not so much that I had a couple of minutes, more like I can't focus to save my life today, I'm working from home, and logging off in 15 minutes. So no point to trying to start something new!!!!!!!! Plus, I miss you.

Well i am so glad you popped in! I pop in once in a blue moon especially when Ariana tells me i really need to post something! LOL
Miss you! hope all is well.. Since the trip is literally around the corner i better get my **** in gear right?

I miss having time to be on here......... OMG how exciting is this to see! I'm so happy for you. How are you feeling?

Me too.. i miss this place so so much. The city job is a joke.

Happy belated birthday! (Can't remember if I wished it on FB or not... I'm the worst FB-er ever. Almost as bad of a DIS-er as I am.)

thanks! me too i am terrible!

Move to New England!! New Hampshire? Maine? I'd say Massachusetts but I want to leave this state so can't say I recommend it, too darn expensive.

umm that's not going to happen
One of the reasons i want to move is to get AWAY from snow! not move there there is MORE!
Heck NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Was trying to figure out my days for September (I keep changing them) and if our plans line up at all. I'll have to come back to this! I keep switching park days around.

Oh good grief WOMAN get it together.

AWESOME!! Well done, I'm so proud of you!!

THANKS!!! it was a tough road but it's done.

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend

Thanks!

MO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very, very excited and happy for you. Way to go. I don't know if I told you this or not, but my former boss, who I worked for over 25 years for, quit smoking with Chantix after smoking for over 40 years. He never picked up another cigarette until his death a couple of years ago. So proud of you. Hang in there, and keep up with the gym. I am not a gym person, and after 2 failed attempts at a gym, I am doing pretty good with DVDs at home and walking my very hilly neighborhood.

Thanks!!!
Chantix is a miracle drug i swear! amazing ho wit works!
I have a question i will post about this whole working out thing..

Cannot wait to see you and your family land; I have heard nothing but good things about any of those states, but especially Tennessee.

I do believe tennessee is the place to BE! <-- HA! see i am a poet!

Cannot wait to hear more Disney plans!!!

Can't wait to post some! Hopefully tomorrow!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO for you!!!!!! This is incredible news!

THANK YOU TONS!!

35132331481_2526bbd3c2.jpg

What is this blasphemy about Georgia having no peaches? You do know it's "The Peach State" right? Well, I had a peach tree in my yard when I lived there, so I know they have peaches!!!

Hello all and let me get a quick
HOLY MOLEY i actually quit.

QUITTER!

Can you believe it? I still can't believe i quit. After smoking MORE THAN A PACK A DAY i am officially done.
We were at Bryan and Amy's house for a powwow session and i asked if it was time to smoke and he looked at me and said he quit.
I was floored. HUH?
He smoked as much or maybe more then i did! That's when i found out about Chantix..
That next day i called the doc made an appointment for both Peanut and I.
I took it and smoked just like i was told to do. and as the time went on cigarettes just got icky. I didn't want them to the point where i would light it and throw it out. I do believe chantix like hypnotizes something in the brain to dislike it. Not hate it. Not disgusted or repulsed by it.. Just not like it.. don't want it. Don't need it. the lighting one and throwing lasted about two weeks when i figured how much money i was throwing away.
That stopped. and i bought a e-cigarette called Blu which i would use a couple of times during my i wanna scratch someone's eyes out.
27781300.jpg

They made my throat hurt so i stopped that too.

I did have a cigarette at a BBQ this past Saturday. Because it was available. and still to this day i am not craving one I did have the second prescription filled just in case i do fall off the wagon. I'm fine now but who knows what the future brings right? I don't want to ever smoke again. it was so much easier to quit when i was pregnant... Im still so mad at myself for smoking again. But i did it all over again!

64753862392bd6c427d1c8a47b186231.jpg

well as you know when you quit any habit there is the chance to GAIN WEIGHT.
and i did. BOY OH BOY DID I
I joined the gym. I don't go in there like Arnold:
arnold-schwarzeneggers-8-best-training-principles-musclepharm-arnold-series-graphic-1.jpg

more like:
gym-fail.jpg

or

d31d6f4de13329ef34344df0d0de12b0.600x.jpg

I have not posted anything on social media. Only a few friends know about the smoking and working out thing.

17c4ef91ee5d069a49c2952e99c5c2d8.jpg

Because i am not doing it for social media people I am doing it for myself, and my kids.

so explain this one to me.
I did the unfortunate thing and got on a scale and after two weeks i had gained weight.

images

HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN? I am so very upset.. I have not gotten back on the scale since i don't ever plan on getting on it ever again. I do however plan on measuring myself. No my clothes are not getting bigger that's all i know.

They have to and soon since...
hqdefault.jpg

That's right! Only 87 days until
Im-Going-To-Disney-World.jpeg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We are getting together with Bryan and Amy hopefully this weekend.
i need to DO SO MUCH STUFF!!!!!!!

I did go through my Disney box..

and i think i have a slight problem with Disney bags:

OK OK a couple of them are Peanut's

35095185772_c08297b5b4.jpg
0520_124153

Have i mentioned how i am now the proud mom of 7th graders??
Seriously when the hell did that happen?
Beginning of 6th Grade:

And now:

For reals...

Look at the SIZE OF THESE KIDS!
Matt has to be about 5'3 with a size 10 1/2 or 11 size shoe.
Zack is 5'2? with a normal size 8
Peanut might be about 5' with a size 7 1/2 or 8 shoe.

Currently on Summer break which a lot of parent's groan.. I CHEER! CHORES! YAY! my little slaves clean my house! it's the only time of the year i have a semi clean home.

So that's about it for today.. I hope to get back and talk more DISNEY! since i do have STUFF to tell ya.. But i am the master at suspense

What is this blasphemy about Georgia having no peaches? You do know it's "The Peach State" right? Well, I had a peach tree in my yard when I lived there, so I know they have peaches!!!

so you have to grow your own??? LOL
Just kidding. We stopped off PLENTY of places and not once did i see a dang peach. started on our 2014 trip and has been a running joke since then!

So proud of you for quitting and happy you have been able to stick with it.

There is no such thing as too many Disney bags! I recently found myself sucked in at the Coach Outlet store by the Disney window display. Thankfully I couldn't bring myself to spend $400 on a purse I only sort of liked. Now if there had been a Pluto one....... pluto:

I can't believe how grown up the kids look! I'm not going to recognize them the next time I see them in person.

Congrats on quitting! Josh has been trying to quit for awhile but nothing has stuck so far.

Our trips are getting so much closer too :cheer2:

Congrats on sticking with it! A non-smoker! My Mom smoked for her entire adult (and probably some of her teenage) life. She died of lung cancer. :( So I encourage everyone to not smoke!

For reals...

Look at the SIZE OF THESE KIDS!
Matt has to be about 5'3 with a size 10 1/2 or 11 size shoe.
Zack is 5'2? with a normal size 8
Peanut might be about 5' with a size 7 1/2 or 8 shoe.
Wow, they've grown a lot this year! Enjoy it, it goes by too fast!

so you have to grow your own??? LOL
Guess so! I think you just aren't there during peach season--which is summer, and not anyone's favorite time for disney if they can avoid it!

Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

Congrats on the gym too. I'm trying to stick to my exercise & eating plan. I'm tired of being out of shape! Or in a shape I don't enjoy!

So proud of you for quitting and happy you have been able to stick with it.

Thank you!!! it was a rough road.

There is no such thing as too many Disney bags! I recently found myself sucked in at the Coach Outlet store by the Disney window display. Thankfully I couldn't bring myself to spend $400 on a purse I only sort of liked. Now if there had been a Pluto one....... pluto:

OMG... you have much more will power then I! I know you and i both have the small wallet right? don't you have a bigger wallet too?

I can't believe how grown up the kids look! I'm not going to recognize them the next time I see them in person.

Tell me about it. They are enormous! i can't handle it.

Congrats on quitting! Josh has been trying to quit for awhile but nothing has stuck so far.

Our trips are getting so much closer too :cheer2:

I am not going to pressure another to quit. But i am telling you if it wasn't for Chantix i would still be smoking. BUT the person must WANT to quit too. if not it's a waste of money so just wait until that person is ready.

Congrats on sticking with it! A non-smoker! My Mom smoked for her entire adult (and probably some of her teenage) life. She died of lung cancer. :( So I encourage everyone to not smoke!

I am so sorry to hear this.. So terrible to lose someone.
There is so much cancer in my family i am like a ticking time bomb and honestly i am not going to light my own fuse. Time to QUIT! plus I was ready which is the biggest part.

Wow, they've grown a lot this year! Enjoy it, it goes by too fast!

How about it.. By Sept the boys will be taller then i am.

Guess so! I think you just aren't there during peach season--which is summer, and not anyone's favorite time for disney if they can avoid it!

Good point i will take this into advisement when we drive again in a couple of months!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

Thanks!!

Congrats on the gym too. I'm trying to stick to my exercise & eating plan. I'm tired of being out of shape! Or in a shape I don't enjoy!

Thank you... But sadly i did get on the scale again this morning. and its even higher then last time. I don't get it.
I am watching more of my eating. I only have 2 months to get rid of a LOT of weight now.

OMG... you have much more will power then I! I know you and i both have the small wallet right? don't you have a bigger wallet too?

Yep, we both have the same wallet and that's the only Coach piece I have. And it was a gift from family or I might not have bought it. I'm way more partial to the Dooney and Bourke bags. Have you seen the new Pirates of the Caribbean Dooney? I'm having a hard time resisting it!

Oh and I agree with @Ladyfish77 , you just aren't looking in the right places for peaches in Georgia. Of course this year with the weird spring weather did a number on the crops and there are going to be a lot less peaches as a result. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter