WHY do I live in the NE?????

gina2000

anonymous
I ask myself that question several times a year.....most notably after a particularly beastly winter (and believe you me....we are STILL having a beastly winter!) At first I was going to make this thread a major rant about the weather (I think I'll save it for another thread). Instead....I'm going to list all the nice things I like about living in Joisey.....horticulturally, of course.......:teeth:

Ready?

Okay, okay....I'm pulling your forsythia....I actually DO like the NE.....and here's why.....

I love spring (sometimes) in the northeast. That first burst of green, mixed with rain....the buds bursting on the forsythia....for me, one of the true signs of a new year!

I love the scent of lilac...the heady aroma as it perfumes the air....the purple cones of dainty flowers opening into a pale lavender....

I love the rose bushes....bursting with promise. The beauty of nature is heralded in one bush.

I love those black eyed susies...dark and mysterious as they open reaching toward the sun....

I love the fall...the crisp smell of apples....the leaves turning....and falling.....crunch, crunch....

and last....but not least....the winter....

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE WINTER!!!!!! DAMN IT!

:teeth:

ROTFL! :teeth: :p

Four seasons? You get four seasons? No way....not fair!! We get two...Winter...and....A Lot Like Winter...:) ;) :rolleyes: :p

I'm with you Gina..I HATE WINTER!!! The only good thing about it is that it makes me savor and appreciate each summer day!!!! Will the white stuff ever end????? (What happened to global warming? I was a big fan!)

My husband gave me the absolute laugh of the day.....

Now mind you....I'd been out shovelling TWICE already....and he came home and did another round plus added some spots I didn't do.....

He staggered into the house, hat askew....red faced and weary, wetter than a mad hen and announced....

Well, I'm officially now sick of spring.......

ROFLMAO!!!!

I most definitely agree with you and your original post.

And I most definitely agree with your DH's feelings.

Hang tight. Hopefully it will all be but a wicked nightmare by the end of the week!

Originally posted by gina2000

Okay, okay....I'm pulling your forsythia....I actually DO like the NE.....and here's why.....

I love spring (sometimes) in the northeast. That first burst of green, mixed with rain....the buds bursting on the forsythia....for me, one of the true signs of a new year!

I love the scent of lilac...the heady aroma as it perfumes the air....the purple cones of dainty flowers opening into a pale lavender....

I love the rose bushes....bursting with promise. The beauty of nature is heralded in one bush.

I love those black eyed susies...dark and mysterious as they open reaching toward the sun....

I love the fall...the crisp smell of apples....the leaves turning....and falling.....crunch, crunch....

and last....but not least....the winter....

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE WINTER!!!!!! DAMN IT!

:teeth:

Gina, You forgot one! I'll add it for you.

I Love being close to the beach!:D

You're Welcome:teeth:

This is just too funny! :D

Someplace under all this snow.. I know in my heart the grass is green.

ROTFL! :p

I'm getting so desperate I was day-dreaming of spraying the snow green and sticking plastic flowers where my gardens should be! Wouldn't that get the neighbours talking! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter