Why did the Broadway version of The Little Mermaid fail?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I found the Original Broadway Cast album of The Little Mermaid's Broadway show and when I listened to it I was amazed how they turned The Little Mermaid into a Broadway play but why it failed and closed I'll never know. Because you had Sierra Bogguss who played Ariel to perfection and Sherie Renee Scott was flawless as Ursula and Tituss Burgess who was funny as Sebastian. But I think Disney's Broadway division should've given the play more promotion and it should've lasted longer. It's hard to believe that since Beauty And The Beast made it's Broadway debut Disney was very successful with Broadway musicals and since The Lion King became the longest running Broadway musical Disney should have given The Little Mermaid better promotion in my eyes. What was the reason for The Little Mermaid ending it's Broadway run so soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter