Why are October crowds up so much

curtisrs

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about this today do you think that it has anything to do with the Year of a Million Dreams starting this October and maybe next year it will go back to normal or do you think that this is the end for smaller crowds at this time of year. It is just that we are looking at going next year in October and we thought it would be a good time but maybe not.

This is the first year EVER that Disneyland went all out with Halloween. So it definately will draw in larger crowds. Besides this month there were also had a ton of conventions going on.

I went in the first week of October of this month, and they had 3 conventions, a long weekend for kids "FRIDAY TO MONDAY", and the Gay Days event. It was insane. CM's were saying it was like Summer crowds.

I was in New Orleans Square on the bridge by the Pirates and I literally stood there for over 10 minutes without being able to walk because of the crowds.

We love going to DL in October. With that said, I am not sure we will be going during this time a year again. The last time we went it was packed. What used to be a slower time to go is now busy! I think everyone has caught on. Darn it, why could it not have been kept a secret? :confused3

I agree that Halloween is a big hit!

Also, the Year of a Million Dreams thing. They also sent out free tickets to a lot of people, so those people are using their passes, etc. (Don't know when they expire, but I know my aunts went and some had the free passes.)

I also am bummed that October is no longer slow, but we always manage to make the best of it.

IMO, Halloween at DL has now become a "not to be missed" season. They have done an amazing job with the decorations and special events for the season.

It may be busy, but it's totally worth it.

I think the crowds are a result of HalloweenTime, more so than the Year of a Million Dreams. So far, I don't think the general public differentiates YOAMD from the 50th.

Speaking of which: Going straight from the 50th Celebration into the (heavily-promoted) HalloweenTime was a stroke of genius! If nothing else, it gave us locals a reason to return to the Park before the Holidays.

I think we may be witnessing the birth of a "new" annual event -- and I wouldn't be surprised to see even more Halloween decorations and theming next year.
:hmghost:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter