Who's looking forward to new Toy Story Land?

WebmasterJohn

Genius
Administrator
I'm curious about this......who's looking forward to new Toy Story Land opening and who thinks it's no big deal?

I am actually excited about this, less for me but more that there will be more for kids to do. We focus so much on what the next big ride will be or what restaurant is coming that I think something that is really for the littler ones is great.

Plus I just want to see it!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Going to try not to compare it to HKDL's version, which I found a bit lacking. But that's a different (toy) story.

Certainly agree that it will be a plus for DHS as far as things for the little ones to do.

Since I don't have any current or upcoming trips planned, I'll just say that whenever I get to return, I'm sure I will enjoy seeing the new area (MUCH more so than Star Wars Land - sorry, John - I'm more with Kevin on this!). :) I also would have to see if I would even be able to do either ride, as I've had spinal surgery, so can't do a lot of coasters (not sure how "rough" the saucers will be).

But I'm always glad to see something new, and to watch others enjoy themselves. And anything that absorbs crowds from other parks/areas is always a plus in my book,even if I don't/can't ride it myself! :)

We are excited. I always enjoy Disney’s take on something new. Last year my daughter and I had a short summer trip where we enjoyed Pandora in its first few weeks. This year, I’m taking all three kids. The new rides don’t interest us too much, but we will enjoy the ambiance and we will give the rides a try.

I’m looking forward to it because I’m hoping it beats my expectations. Honestly, I’m not impressed with what I’ve seen so far. The theming doesn’t interest me, it doesn’t seem anything really impressive, just big plastic statues. The Slinky ride just seems boring. The alien ride seems off-the-rack. The thing I am most excited about so far is the quick-service.

And I know people are gonna say “it’s a place for kids”... but does that give them an excuse to skimp on details or theming or quality attractions?

All that being said, if I hate it but the kids love it, then I’ll consider it a success. Disney has done more than enough in the last 5 years that I appreciate... New Fantasyland, Skipper’s Canteen, Tiffins, Pandora, FEA, and the holy grail of WDW, Trader Sam’s. If they’re gonna give the kiddies a turn, fine with me... I can enjoy a (hopefully) good brisket sandwich and s’mores for dessert!

We are looking forward to it. It will be nice to see something new at DHS.

Is Toy Story Mania the current newest thing in HS? What is the most recent non-TS addition?

I look forward to anything new! I feel like I have appropriate expectations, and am prepared to enjoy slinky dog for what it is. I’m just not looking forward to the crowds.

I'm in between both extremes. I am looking forward to it, but only expect to ride the rides there once or twice. I agree that it is nice that is is signifying a return of sorts of Hollywood Studios, but is not enough to draw people in just for that one land.

I am really looking forward to it. First, anytime there is something new at Walt Disney World it is exciting.

I have been to the Toy Story Land in Hong Kong and while it didn't blow me away, I liked the details there and the idea of being "Toy Sized" - seemed like there were a lot of little things to notice ... and from what I understand there should be at least that level of detail/likely more in this version.

I think Slinky Dog will be really fun - all about expectation ... I know a lot of people were disappointed in 7 Dwarfs Mine Train - but generally it is because they were expecting it to be the next Big Thunder Mountain. This should be a really fun family coaster and to have one, I can ride with my kids, that has 2 launches and then a new animatronic at the end, I think should be really fun

And I know people are gonna say “it’s a place for kids”... but does that give them an excuse to skimp on details or theming or quality attractions?

Definitely not on the details and the rids should still be fun - just don't need to be "E-tickets" I think the themeing and details should be more than adequate (though part of it might be going with it and not just seeing it as a bunch of plastic statues)

I'm curious about this......who's looking forward to new Toy Story Land opening and who thinks it's no big deal?

I am actually excited about this, less for me but more that there will be more for kids to do. We focus so much on what the next big ride will be or what restaurant is coming that I think something that is really for the littler ones is great.

Plus I just want to see it!!!!

So here's the deal John, we purchased our weekday AP as we don't want to be at WDW on a weekend or in the middle of the summer; yes, we are local as most/all everyone knows.

We will wait until September to give it a shot. My elderly mother, although recently was able to "survive" The Forbidden Journey at US, might be able to handle SDD or A.S.S. (is that a legal acronym?).

I am looking most forward to the ancillary effects of this to see if I can feel morphed into a toy soldier and enjoy the land. In my mind, if I can walk through a land and not partake in a single attraction and feel satisfied, it is the greatest compliment anyone can give to Imagineering.

So here's the deal John, we purchased our weekday AP as we don't want to be at WDW on a weekend or in the middle of the summer; yes, we are local as most/all everyone knows.

We will wait until September to give it a shot. My elderly mother, although recently was able to "survive" The Forbidden Journey at US, might be able to handle SDD or A.S.S. (is that a legal acronym?).

I am looking most forward to the ancillary effects of this to see if I can feel morphed into a toy soldier and enjoy the land. In my mind, if I can walk through a land and not partake in a single attraction and feel satisfied, it is the greatest compliment anyone can give to Imagineering.

Just as an FYI - elsewhere we have been using “AS2” as the acronym for the alien ride (or just calling it the “alien ride”)

No big deal. Except for hopefully riding TSMM on our fall trip, my friend and I may skip it totally. We only have a few hours at DHS anyway.

I am SUPER excited mainly because Toy Story has always been one of my favorite movies. I cannot wait to be able to just walk around and take everything in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!