Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

Can I just scream: I am going to Disney NEXT year. Not in 2 years, not in 3 years but next year...ok 18 months but 2018...wooo hooo..

The only thing that could screw it up and let's just say if it does my tickets will be booked before I know date to my BiLs wedding, I am still going! I dislike the girl he is marrying so if they choose August 2018..we'll I will be in Disney and not at their wedding!

Can I just scream: I am going to Disney NEXT year. Not in 2 years, not in 3 years but next year...ok 18 months but 2018...wooo hooo..

The only thing that could screw it up and let's just say if it does my tickets will be booked before I know date to my BiLs wedding, I am still going! I dislike the girl he is marrying so if they choose August 2018..we'll I will be in Disney and not at their wedding!

This is so bad, but so funny!! :rotfl2:

This is so bad, but so funny!! :rotfl2:

I know isn't it! She ruined a few Christmas eves all because her parents are divorced and she has to see one on the eve and one on the day when my husbands small family gathers at our house on the eve. She made us open gifts well before dinner so she could be at her families house by 6. my husband didn't tell me about that until it was time to open where as I had dinner ready. The year before she did something similar and sicne then she has not been allowed over. I don't buy her a Christmas gift and don't address any cards to her.

I really do not want to go to this wedding. I didn't go to my cousins x2 for monetary reasons so this wedding is no exception. My cousins wedding this past fall would of been easily $1000 between gift and attire...there are 5 of us. My other cousin it was just my DH and I that were invited but it still was money. There is no way this wedding is going to cost me a Disney vacation and I hope my kids are not in it. I will decline because then I'd have to buy them dresses/rent a tux.

I already know I am not going to her showerif she has one! Luckily there are no plans until 2018 or later.

Birthday trip December 2018, not sure when probably early December.
Have not decided on number of days, will probably rent points and stay at BWV.
Being able to walk to Epcot and HS is great, but who knows some place new might be fun.

lhd7b6fwtvctl7xk.png

Last edited:

In 2018 I will be turning 30 and I will be going to WDW. It will also be my husbands first going to WDW. I have already decided where I am staying and some of my ADRs. I have to figure out what else I want to. One thing for sure is the Tea in the Garden View in the Grand Floridian.

Hi! We're planning a late feb / early march trip. Not 100% sure on the dates. This is our first trip to Disney. I don't even know where to start!!! We're planning on staying on-site. Gotten a lot of tips / advice from good friends who have been before, but I'm so torn on which resort we want to stay at. I'm leaning towards Pop Century but toying with the idea of spending a little extra money on a moderate. My daughter will be just shy of 4 when we go. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!

Hi! We're planning a late feb / early march trip. Not 100% sure on the dates. This is our first trip to Disney. I don't even know where to start!!! We're planning on staying on-site. Gotten a lot of tips / advice from good friends who have been before, but I'm so torn on which resort we want to stay at. I'm leaning towards Pop Century but toying with the idea of spending a little extra money on a moderate. My daughter will be just shy of 4 when we go. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!
If you are going to WDW in a month or two, you need a good guide book, and some good planning tips.
There are 3 great tour guides: 1) Birnbaum's Disney 2017 - which I recommend for you, because it is the shortest, and you don't have much time
2) the Passporter, which is great to help you stick to any plan you come up with, and 3) the Unofficial Guide, which has the most details, but unless you have quite a bit of time, may be a bit overwhelming.

Now for the rest of the plan. There are tons of websites out there, but I am going to point you to WDW Prep School, because she has a basic 6 step plan for making a trip happen.
"The 6 step planning process
http://wdwprepschool.com/step-1-pick-a-date/

She has recommendations on which hotels to stay it in each price range, but only you know how much money and time is reasonable for you spend on and at your vacation. This is where a guide book with great pictures (which Birnbaum is great for) is really useful.

This board has a lot of great threads for each hotel, so looking at those will help you decide what would fit your family best.

For a toddler, keep in mind that there will be some rides she can't go on because of her height, and some that may be too scary for her. It still leaves LOTS of other stuff to do!
-Some people will tell you to skip Hollywood Studios, but if she likes the Disney Jr Channel, this is a MUST see park - it's where they have the Disney Jr Live on Stage show. I took my son to that in 2015, and I wish I had filmed his reactions - the only way to describe them is magical. THere is also a breakfast and lunch character meal there where your little one can meet Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, Jake the Pirate and Handy Manny.
-Some people will tell you that Epcot is not for little ones. But if your daughter likes princesses, they are WRONG!. The best place to see most of the princesses is on their home countries at Epcot. And the Frozen meet and greet has been moved there as well.

For little ones, meeting the characters is paramount, but some kids are scared of meeting them. If you don't know how she will react, try to find a place where you can see characters before you go (we used Chuck E Cheese, and figured if our kid would high 5 Chuck E, then nothing would scare him). IF you think she will be scared, you can still do some character meals so she can see the characters, but let the hostess know that you don't want the characters to stop at your table, and they will set up a signal to alert them.

Good luck!

Currently planning for November 2018. It will be my daughter's first trip (she will be 3.5) and I've already planned where our ADRs will be. We are going to add a cruise on too which will be a first for all of us so I'm crazy excited.

If you are going to WDW in a month or two, you need a good guide book, and some good planning tips.
There are 3 great tour guides: 1) Birnbaum's Disney 2017 - which I recommend for you, because it is the shortest, and you don't have much time
2) the Passporter, which is great to help you stick to any plan you come up with, and 3) the Unofficial Guide, which has the most details, but unless you have quite a bit of time, may be a bit overwhelming.

Now for the rest of the plan. There are tons of websites out there, but I am going to point you to WDW Prep School, because she has a basic 6 step plan for making a trip happen.
"The 6 step planning process
http://wdwprepschool.com/step-1-pick-a-date/

She has recommendations on which hotels to stay it in each price range, but only you know how much money and time is reasonable for you spend on and at your vacation. This is where a guide book with great pictures (which Birnbaum is great for) is really useful.

This board has a lot of great threads for each hotel, so looking at those will help you decide what would fit your family best.

For a toddler, keep in mind that there will be some rides she can't go on because of her height, and some that may be too scary for her. It still leaves LOTS of other stuff to do!
-Some people will tell you to skip Hollywood Studios, but if she likes the Disney Jr Channel, this is a MUST see park - it's where they have the Disney Jr Live on Stage show. I took my son to that in 2015, and I wish I had filmed his reactions - the only way to describe them is magical. THere is also a breakfast and lunch character meal there where your little one can meet Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, Jake the Pirate and Handy Manny.
-Some people will tell you that Epcot is not for little ones. But if your daughter likes princesses, they are WRONG!. The best place to see most of the princesses is on their home countries at Epcot. And the Frozen meet and greet has been moved there as well.

For little ones, meeting the characters is paramount, but some kids are scared of meeting them. If you don't know how she will react, try to find a place where you can see characters before you go (we used Chuck E Cheese, and figured if our kid would high 5 Chuck E, then nothing would scare him). IF you think she will be scared, you can still do some character meals so she can see the characters, but let the hostess know that you don't want the characters to stop at your table, and they will set up a signal to alert them.

Good luck!

Thanks for all of this!!!! I missed the integral part... feb / march of 2018!! Not two months from now, but I wish it was!!! I'm so anxious to go.

I've got some time, but this is all great and very helpful information! I'm new to this board and I'm looking forward to leaning on the what I'm learning is a very knowledgeable community!

I am obviously a Disney freak :) and even though I am not going to be able to afford to go back to my Happy Place until sometime in 2017 or 2018 that doesn't stop me from thinking about when to go, where we will stay, what extras we will budget for, etc.

So I figure there are probably other people out there like me so this is the thread for all of us that have the long wait till we can go back again.

You can come here and talk about all the ideas you have for your next trip to Disney.

Who's with me??!! :goodvibes

I am obviously a Disney freak :) and even though I am not going to be able to afford to go back to my Happy Place until sometime in 2017 or 2018 that doesn't stop me from thinking about when to go, where we will stay, what extras we will budget for, etc.

So I figure there are probably other people out there like me so this is the thread for all of us that have the long wait till we can go back again.

You can come here and talk about all the ideas you have for your next trip to Disney.

Who's with me??!! :goodvibes

Just finished DL on Dec 30th, going back Dec 22-29, 2018.

Simultaneously hoping Star Wars is open by then and dreading the possibility that Star Wars is open by then.

Thanks for all of this!!!! I missed the integral part... feb / march of 2018!! Not two months from now, but I wish it was!!! I'm so anxious to go.

I've got some time, but this is all great and very helpful information! I'm new to this board and I'm looking forward to leaning on the what I'm learning is a very knowledgeable community!
I am SO relieved! While going to WDW is something I can't wait to do either, with so many things being booked up far in advance, it's better to have more time to plan and to have your reservations early too! In that case, DEFINITELY look at the Unofficial Guide to WDW, and see if you would want to get that. Hold off on actually buying a copy of the Birnbaum book until the 2018 version comes out in Sept, because it has coupons for the the year on the cover that you may be able to use.

And if you decide to go toward the end of January instead, we will be there with our 4 yr old and we could meet up!

Currently planning for November 2018. It will be my daughter's first trip (she will be 3.5) and I've already planned where our ADRs will be. We are going to add a cruise on too which will be a first for all of us so I'm crazy excited.

What ADRs are you planning?

I am SO relieved! While going to WDW is something I can't wait to do either, with so many things being booked up far in advance, it's better to have more time to plan and to have your reservations early too! In that case, DEFINITELY look at the Unofficial Guide to WDW, and see if you would want to get that. Hold off on actually buying a copy of the Birnbaum book until the 2018 version comes out in Sept, because it has coupons for the the year on the cover that you may be able to use.

And if you decide to go toward the end of January instead, we will be there with our 4 yr old and we could meet up!

End of January is so tempting because of the prices, but we live in the northeast and it's tough to bank on the weather. We sent my mother down to Florida last year for a week vacation to visit her parents (they are snowbirds) and she missed three days of her trip because we got a huge snow storm on the day she was planning to leave. She was so upset and we lost so much money because we had to reschedule her flights (I will never NOT buy travel insurance again!!!)

We're still at risk of snow in late feb / early march but it's much less likely... I was reallllly hoping to be down there for her 4th birthday (march 25th) but I want to avoid spring break crowds as much as possible. Such a balance!!!!!

What ADRs are you planning?

Our daughter is an early riser, so assuming this doesn't change, we are going to do Crystal Palace and Tusker House breakfasts on those park days before park opening. We will do a Chef Mickeys dinner one night and a Garden Grill dinner. Pretty much all character meals. If she is interested in princesses by then (currently she's not) we will add in another, but at this stage she is quite shy so I think the face character will make her too nervous.

We are thinking that we will probably be back at our resort (Pop Century) for dinner each night so we can maintain her regular bedtime of 7pm since she doesn't do well with missed sleep or staying up late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter