Who is your top favorite Athletes

1). Gil Hodges (baseball-my childhood favorite player)
2). Larry Bird
3). Andrew Luck
4). Sandy Koufax
5). Roberto Duran

I know you were a boxing ref , and certainly the hands of stones was one f the greatest ever, but give me some of your knowledge, why do you like him over some of the other great ones

Are you from MD? I am a huge MLB and NFL fan and love so many players past and present plus I root for the Caps.
I am. Grew up in Baltimore during the Brooks and Frank Robinson, Luis Aparicio, Earl Weaver, Jim Palmer years. Too many to mention. But my maiden name was Robinson so I liked Brooks the best.

Then went to University of Maryland football games while Torrey Smith played there. (DD and DS were in marching band those years there.) Then followed him to the Ravens.

I am. Grew up in Baltimore during the Brooks and Frank Robinson, Luis Aparicio, Earl Weaver, Jim Palmer years. Too many to mention. But my maiden name was Robinson so I liked Brooks the best.

Then went to University of Maryland football games while Torrey Smith played there. (DD and DS were in marching band those years there.) Then followed him to the Ravens.

I loved that Baltimore team, what great pitching, and great defense also, belanger, blair and Boog was also great with the glove at first

I am 40 so was not around for all of the legends except Cal and Eddie but from what I have seen Brooks has always been a class act and is my favorite as well.
I also am a Torrey fan. I was not happy when the Ravens got rid of him. Even after that he still tried several times I believe to come back and he does charity stuff in the area.

Johnny Bench
Billy Sims
Roger Staubach
Secretariat
Bjorn Borg (though I think he did something recently that if I bothered to look at would probably upset me)
Tom Kite
Joe Frazier
Henrik Lunqvist

and Randy Johnson for making a bird explode

The only sport I even semi-follow is SEC football, & I used to watch Braves baseball w/ my grandfather, so...

1. Peyton Manning
2. Eli Manning
3. Tim Tebow
4. Tom Glavine
5. Chipper Jones

Oh, &, back in the day, I used to have a crush on Karch Kiraly, the men's beach volleyball player & now the head coach of the women's team.

I know you were a boxing ref , and certainly the hands of stones was one f the greatest ever, but give me some of your knowledge, why do you like him over some of the other great ones

Low Key, I always liked the brawling and pressure type of fighter. Duran is only 5' 7" and was champion at lightweight(135 lbs.) to Middleweight(160 lbs.). His lack of height made for great action fights. His skill was obvious. I judged a Roberto Duran fight in Kansas City in 1995, this was a real thrill for me. He was overweight and toward the end of his career, but the skills were still apparent. I judged a world title fight in Panama City, Panama in 2012, and spent some time with Duran. We had dinner with him and after the meal he got up with the band and sang. He was a real pleasure to be with and this was one of the most memorable moments of my career. When I was a kid my favorite fighters were Gene Fullmer and Carmen Basilio. They were the ultimate warriors.

Currently Gennady "GGG" Golovkin is my favorite boxer. Heavy handed with great skills.

Last edited:
Being from New England but having ties to New York it's bit of mix. Since I root for the Patriots & Yankees. My top five is..

1. Tom Brady
2. Derek Jeter
3. Rob Gronkowski
4. Julian Edelman
5. Mariano Rivera

1. Nolan Ryan
2. Mike Schmidt
3. Tug McGraw
4. Joe Theisman
5. John Riggins

Plus the Hogs from back in the day.

1. Mariano Rivera
2. Don Mattingly
3. Eli Manning
4. Michael Strahan
5. Henrik Lundqvist

Honorable Mention: Patrick Ewing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter