Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, it became a moot point as I had to cancel our vacation this morning. :sad: If we get to rebook later then I probably will just do day of so as not to have to deal with it again.

Oh NO!!! Because of the storm or it just had to be done?

Oh NO!!! Because of the storm or it just had to be done?
The storm. We were supposed to fly down in the morning but just decided we couldn't risk it. Too scary, the unknown. Also wasn't sure how much of the vacation would be wasted by closings, weather etc. We were already down there for Matthew last year. Hoping to rebook something before the Halloween parties are over.

We have both MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets, all linked on MDE. Plus 5 day tickets. I made a 4:50 FP+ reservation on our Halloween party night and cannot book our 5th day of fast passes at all. Nor can I make a late afternoon FP reservation on MVMCP night.

Reading through this thread makes me wonder if our tickets are really linked although they appear to be. I could give up our 7DMT FP on Halloween but it is our DGSs favourite ride ever and I want to make sure they get on that night, which will be a busy one.

I agree, Disney would need to figure out how to do this. And I wasn't suggesting they completely empty the park at 5:00pm, just post that normal park hours end at 5:00, and then start screening for wristbands. There will always be stragglers (people without party tickets who don't leave right away) and people with both park and party tickets that arrive early. That will help prevent, at least somewhat, the max exodus/entry you speak of.

The challenge with this is it makes for a very short day in the MK if day guests need to be cleared out by 5pm. It essentially also lengthens the party time from 7pm to 5pm for the party guests. I can see if they started doing this that party guests would show up at 2pm looking for their 3 hour pre-party window.

I have been in the MK often on party days and find they do a great job of moving day guests out along main street while filtering in new guests behind Main Street.

Any updates on people who successfully used FPs for regular ticket days AND a day in between those days for which they ONLY had a party ticket?

Any updates on people who successfully used FPs for regular ticket days AND a day in between those days for which they ONLY had a party ticket?

I attempted this for the Christmas Party next month but the site prevented me from doing so. Disney outsmarts us again!

I had my last day of FPs cancelled in Sept when I booked FPs before 6pm for MNSSHP on my day off (no regular park ticket that day). However, I followed the great advice given on this thread (or elsewhere on the Boards?) to check for FPs for that last day after using up those Party FPs. While I didn't check immediately (was enjoying MNSSHP), I would have been able to book FPs for my last day.

In my case, FPs were not that necessary or desirable because my last day was Epcot, it is a tiered FP system and I planned to ropedrop anyway. I did check a few times for FP availability for that last day and noted that I could have booked FPs if I wished to. Of course, the FPs a few days out for Epcot were not that great as Frozen, Soarin', TT were long since gone. That Epcot day was also the 35th Anniversary so extra demand and crowds.

The big takeaway here is that you can book FPs for your last day once you use your FPs on your party ticket. You will probably not have a great selection, but it is possible. If I had planned to be in MK that last day, I def would have made my FPs because of the number of attractions in the FP pool.

If big headliners like Frozen, 7DMT and esp Pandora's Flight of Passage are must do's, don't plan on riding those on the last day of your vacation if you are also planning to make FPs on your party ticket. If you have no choice but to book FPs for any of these Big 3 attractions on your last day, then don't book FPs on your party ticket. Harsh but looks like the present reality.

If anyone has had a different experience, I'd love to know about it. Would love to be wrong about this.

I had my last day of FPs cancelled in Sept when I booked FPs before 6pm for MNSSHP on my day off (no regular park ticket that day). However, I followed the great advice given on this thread (or elsewhere on the Boards?) to check for FPs for that last day after using up those Party FPs. While I didn't check immediately (was enjoying MNSSHP), I would have been able to book FPs for my last day.

In my case, FPs were not that necessary or desirable because my last day was Epcot, it is a tiered FP system and I planned to ropedrop anyway. I did check a few times for FP availability for that last day and noted that I could have booked FPs if I wished to. Of course, the FPs a few days out for Epcot were not that great as Frozen, Soarin', TT were long since gone. That Epcot day was also the 35th Anniversary so extra demand and crowds.

The big takeaway here is that you can book FPs for your last day once you use your FPs on your party ticket. You will probably not have a great selection, but it is possible. If I had planned to be in MK that last day, I def would have made my FPs because of the number of attractions in the FP pool.

If big headliners like Frozen, 7DMT and esp Pandora's Flight of Passage are must do's, don't plan on riding those on the last day of your vacation if you are also planning to make FPs on your party ticket. If you have no choice but to book FPs for any of these Big 3 attractions on your last day, then don't book FPs on your party ticket. Harsh but looks like the present reality.

If anyone has had a different experience, I'd love to know about it. Would love to be wrong about this.
Out of curiosity, how much time elapsed between you booking the MNSSHP FP and the cancellation email? Thanks!

I did. No issues. I had a party ticket and a 2 day ticket. I had 3 FP+ for each of 3 days. I know I followed directions on here about booking them...think it was to book the reg days first and then go back and book the party day. Hard to remember now.

I did. No issues. I had a party ticket and a 2 day ticket. I had 3 FP+ for each of 3 days. I know I followed directions on here about booking them...think it was to book the reg days first and then go back and book the party day. Hard to remember now.

This is what I did for my upcoming MVMCP. I haven't gotten the email yet about cancellation, but some people said they literally got the email on their check in day. I have AK FPs our last day (day after the party) which I don't want to lose. But since the site allowed me to book FPs for the party day, I am going to leave them there for now and see what happens. I have taken screen shots and print outs of my FPs, if this will be of any help getting them reinstated if they cancel mine. If I get the email, I will cancel my party FPs and keep the day after.

We have MNSSHP tickets and a 6:35 MNSSHP ADR for Be Our Guest - most of the party ADRs start at 6:30. So by doing this Disney is acknowledging the right of party ticket holders to be in the park before 7 pm. I also feel that if you had all the daytime visitors leaving and all the party attendees coming in right at 7 pm you would have a main gate mess.

They don't advertise but they don't discourage partygoers from coming in to MK starting at 4 pm to help stagger the crowds.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how much time elapsed between you booking the MNSSHP FP and the cancellation email? Thanks!
I booked those FPs many months ago so don't know. Hopefully, someone else can let you know of their experience.

This is what I did for my upcoming MVMCP. I haven't gotten the email yet about cancellation, but some people said they literally got the email on their check in day. I have AK FPs our last day (day after the party) which I don't want to lose. But since the site allowed me to book FPs for the party day, I am going to leave them there for now and see what happens. I have taken screen shots and print outs of my FPs, if this will be of any help getting them reinstated if they cancel mine. If I get the email, I will cancel my party FPs and keep the day after.

I'm in almost the exact same boat except my MVMCP party ticket is our first "day" (12/22) and then have the next few days as normal ticketed days (AK being our last day and reallly don't want to lose our FP+ for Pandora). :tinker:

Screenshots is a great idea! I'd rather lose the party FP over Pandora and am scared of getting a dreaded email day 2 or 3 into the vacay after using FP on the party.

Hoping it's smooth sailing for you (and us) :sail:

I'm in almost the exact same boat except my MVMCP party ticket is our first "day" (12/22) and then have the next few days as normal ticketed days (AK being our last day and reallly don't want to lose our FP+ for Pandora). :tinker:

Screenshots is a great idea! I'd rather lose the party FP over Pandora and am scared of getting a dreaded email day 2 or 3 into the vacay after using FP on the party.

Hoping it's smooth sailing for you (and us) :sail:

I’ll let you know. We get there before you, on 12/15, so I’ll post whatever happens. I’ve been checking my FPs every day to make sure they are still there, and so far so good. I haven’t seen postings of anyone getting the email in the last week or so, so maybe they stopped?? Who knows... good luck to you as well!

Is there a special number to call if this happens to me?

No. It happens to some because the system flags the tickets.
If you get the email and your last day of FP+ is more important than your party ticket FP+ (assuming your party is not your last day) then you'll want to cancel your party FP+.
You could always wait a few days and then rebook them and see what happens.

I got the email today for my November 25-December 2nd trip. I have a 7 day park-hopper and tickets for the MVMCP on November 28th. I booked all my FP at 60 days and thought I was in the clear considering I'm less than three weeks out from my vacation. I just cancelled the two FP I had for the party night, as I don't want my last day FP cancelled.

I just wanted to confirm that no one that got the email and cancelled their party day FP still had their final day FP cancelled. I'm probably just being paranoid, but I don't care about losing the Jingle Cruise and Haunted Mansion FP I had the day of the party, since I can ride those during the party or another day, I don't want to lose my 7DMT, Peter Pan's Flight, and Space Mountain FP on my last day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter