Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more and more I think about this, I'm liking the new policy. Disney just needs to be better about getting the word out. For those of us who pay for park entry the day of the party, it just doesn't seem right to allow partygoers to get the exact same 'perks' between 4-7. Disney needs to be better at distinguishing between party time and non-party time, and I think this is a good first step. The next phase, to have the regular park day end at 6pm instead of 7pm, will roll out later this year with the Christmas party. I applaud Disney for fixing this loophole!

I agree.

They don't put the party food out until the day guests are gone. In fact, they close down counter service so they can set up. Why allow the party people to participate in the day guest's activities? Especially since things like fastpasses actually take away from the day guests.

Hopefully this is the first step in distinguishing between the two types of guests. I would rather that they close down the park at 4:30, then allow party guests to enter later. That way there is no overlap. It is so crowded just trying to get out of the park, if you try between 4 and 5. Our policy is to leave by 3:30.
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I agree with both these statements. It's time to start closing MK at 5:00 and have the party run from 6:00 to midnight. No crossover, no confusion.
And if they are taking away assumed party perks (what has been available for years), they need to be dropping party ticket prices.
I'd be fine with them keeping prices where they are (especially if they add an hour to the party).

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I agree with both these statements. It's time to start closing MK at 5:00 and have the party run from 6:00 to midnight. No crossover, no confusion.

The MK was not designed to load party guests in this fashion. This would entail corralling a full detail of party guests separately from departing day guests, and then releasing them en masse after the park is cleared out. There is no place at the MK entrance to accommodate this many people waiting. Even the morning opening procedures now use all of Main Street to spread out day guests who are present at park open, rather than corralling them outside the gates.

The MK was not designed to load party guests in this fashion. This would entail corralling a full detail of party guests separately from departing day guests, and then releasing them en masse after the park is cleared out. There is no place at the MK entrance to accommodate this many people waiting. Even the morning opening procedures now use all of Main Street to spread out day guests who are present at park open, rather than corralling them outside the gates.
I agree, Disney would need to figure out how to do this. And I wasn't suggesting they completely empty the park at 5:00pm, just post that normal park hours end at 5:00, and then start screening for wristbands. There will always be stragglers (people without party tickets who don't leave right away) and people with both park and party tickets that arrive early. That will help prevent, at least somewhat, the max exodus/entry you speak of.

Last edited:

I agree, Disney would need to figure out how to do this. And I wasn't suggesting they completely empty the park at 5:00pm, just post that normal park hours end at 5:00, and then start screening for wristbands. There will always be stragglers (people without party tickets who don't leave right away) and people with both park and party tickets that arrive early. That will help prevent, at least somewhat, the max exodus/entry you speak of.

That is what they are doing for the Christmas party. Official day closing at 6:00, party official start at 7:00. 60 days for the first Christmas party is coming up, will be interesting to see what happens. Personally, I think it's only fair. They are taking time away from day guests, they shouldn't have to compete for fastpasses during their time. Party doesn't start until 7:00.

Just thought I'd throw it out there that I attended the party on Tuesday. I had fast passes for 3:50-4:50, 4:50-5:50, and 5:50-6:50. I never received a cancellation email and even was able to change my Fastpasses a couple hours before hand (same times, different attractions) with no issues. The 5:50-6:50 fast pass was for BTMR and some of our party used it at around 6:45 with no issues, while one person didn't scan his band until 6:55 and again, had no issues using the fast pass.

Some have called Disney (might want to do this after the cancellation date) and had them give them back the FPs or they got anytime FPs added. But of course, this is not guaranteed but would be pixie dust.

I had to call Disney IT to get my daughter and her kids FP+ fixed for our last day. They sent an e-mail addressed to my daughter on our first day of trip that the last day FP+ would be cancelled unless we bought another day ticket. Only hers and kids (3) were cancelled, mine were not. IT fixed two of them over the phone, Guest relations at park fixed the 3rd one day of park visit. Times were changed slightly but everything worked out.

I haven't read through the entire 23 pages of comments.

Does anyone have party tickets only and no other tickets during the same time (i.e., no other tickets to make fast passes with)? If so, are your FPs being cancelled?

If not, then Disney is treating the Party ticket as a regular ticket and should do the same when holders have multiple park tickets. If they cancel FPs when people only have a Party ticket, then they are saying FPs should not be on the Party ticket.

I'm curious if there's a discrepancy.

I haven't read through the entire 23 pages of comments.

Does anyone have party tickets only and no other tickets during the same time (i.e., no other tickets to make fast passes with)? If so, are your FPs being cancelled?

If not, then Disney is treating the Party ticket as a regular ticket and should do the same when holders have multiple park tickets. If they cancel FPs when people only have a Party ticket, then they are saying FPs should not be on the Party ticket.

I'm curious if there's a discrepancy.
several people have reported on various threads that they only have their part ticket and they had no problems using the FPs. I only have a party ticket and my FP are still there. Party is next week. I am not concerned at this point.

You'd think since that's the case they wouldn't be cancelling some of the other FPs on tickets later in the week. I'm a first-timer and wondering whether to make FP for our pre-Party hours or not in case the FPs we have for later in the week get cancelled.

I have 8 Day PH and one MNSSHP ticket, and 3 FPs on our party day, and they are also all still there. I'm a little concerned by the new report as they reported that they had made it through the initial flurry of cancellations emails etc and thought everything was ok since no more reports. Then they reported today that they got the cancellation email on their trip arrival day!!! :eek::faint: With a MNSSHP date of friday. So I wonder if more cancellation emails will be triggered and sent to people starting their trips?
Well dang, I got the dreaded FP cancellation email this morning. We arrive in 3 days. Haven't changed anything etc, and all of a sudden bam, email. Sucks. Going to cancel my party FP so I can keep our last days FPs. Hate to lose those party FPs though. Really messes up my party plan. Sigh.

's not a loophole. And if they are taking away assumed party perks (what has been available for years), they need to be dropping party ticket prices
Things change. Prices change. Offers change. Expecting the same access every year doesn't mean it will be available. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
I would rather that they close down the park at 4:30, then allow party guests to enter later.
It's time to start closing MK at 5:00 and have the party run from 6:00 to midnight.
Given the furor when Disney doesn't extend hours, or even reduces hours over prior years (or closes a park unusually early on a single day for a single event - it'd be shocking if they closed super-early 60+ nights.

Well dang, I got the dreaded FP cancellation email this morning. We arrive in 3 days. Haven't changed anything etc, and all of a sudden bam, email. Sucks. Going to cancel my party FP so I can keep our last days FPs. Hate to lose those party FPs though. Really messes up my party plan. Sigh.

Went to the 9/1 party.
Had a 2 day PH.
None of my FP+ were taken away and never got any notifications that they would.
All worked out well for me.

THIS is what is the most maddening about the whole thing---INCONSISTENT enforcement. @prettypatchesmsu and anyone else who gets the dreaded email, I would cancel my party FP, wait until their deadline, then I'd be on the phone in a hot minute getting those party day FP back. I know you only have 3 days, so the phone may not work for you, but I would most certainly make time to talk with guest services when I got there.

I would rather keep my MNSSHP fastpasses than lose my last day ones.

Has anyone had an issue just keeping their party FPs and then choosing new last day FPs afterwards?

(Note: Haven't gotten the email yet but always like to have a contingency play!)

I would rather keep my MNSSHP fastpasses than lose my last day ones.

Has anyone had an issue just keeping their party FPs and then choosing new last day FPs afterwards?

(Note: Haven't gotten the email yet but always like to have a contingency play!)

I would just do nothing. Make sure you go through the party line so that a regular day ticket is not used. Then if your last day happens to be cancelled, just rebook something after the party.

The inconsistencies sucks.

I have a 3 day ticket (still not linked on MDE) and party ticket (linked).

I plan to go on the party the first day and then use my 3 day ticket (MK, Epcot and AK)

I get my FPs at the end of September. I still debating what to do:

Option 1 - Do it like normally. Link my party tickets and get FPs for 4 days and wait for the email.

Option 2 - Grab the party FPs before linking my tickets, then Link my party tickets that day, and grab the FPs for the tickets after (not sure if this works) - I dont get to "practice" with the FP system.

Option 3 - Link the party tickets with my other MDE account. I have the halloween magic band on the way so I can link to to the other account as well and use last year trip Magic band on the party. But yeah, I will end up using the Halloween MB on the non party nights, and using a Kylo Ren one on the party. Also this feels like "cheating the system". I just wish Disney

Option 4 - Dont make any FPs for Party night.

Btw people who have not gotten the email, were your fastpass were picked 30 days before or 60 days before?

Just re-book them the day of the party.

Universal handily manages during HHN nights to put those who are going to 'stay & scream' in one of several holding pens.

Not as scary as it sounds lol. They cordon off various areas in the parks. This includes a restaurant & another has a counter-serve/bar area. You get your party ticket scanned when you enter the area. When the party starts you are already in the park, ahead of the pack who is lined up outside the gate.

I dread doing yet another potential 'rope drop' to attend MVMCP this year. So much nicer to be in the MK already as a day guest, far ahead of the 4 pm crowd. We usually plan on arriving around 2 or 3 pm after a nice lazy day @ pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter