Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I upgraded my PH to an AP on 8/22.
A few days later my brother got this (he only has a 6-day PHP), regarding our Sept trip:
AhSwzky.png

Our party day had 2 FPs (4:30-5:30,5:30-6:30)... Our last day (9/23) had FOP passes, so I dumped the party day FPs for our whole group. Oh well.

The 27th has passed and our 9/23 FPs are still intact, so that's good at least.

I got an email that my FP will be cancelled :(

My 2 FP are between 4 & 6:10 PM

I was told **I know CM's aren't always well informed** that I was able to make the FP using my party tickets.
Has anyone called and had success keeping their FP?

The more and more I think about this, I'm liking the new policy. Disney just needs to be better about getting the word out. For those of us who pay for park entry the day of the party, it just doesn't seem right to allow partygoers to get the exact same 'perks' between 4-7. Disney needs to be better at distinguishing between party time and non-party time, and I think this is a good first step. The next phase, to have the regular park day end at 6pm instead of 7pm, will roll out later this year with the Christmas party. I applaud Disney for fixing this loophole!

The more and more I think about this, I'm liking the new policy. Disney just needs to be better about getting the word out. For those of us who pay for park entry the day of the party, it just doesn't seem right to allow partygoers to get the exact same 'perks' between 4-7. Disney needs to be better at distinguishing between party time and non-party time, and I think this is a good first step. The next phase, to have the regular park day end at 6pm instead of 7pm, will roll out later this year with the Christmas party. I applaud Disney for fixing this loophole!

It's not a loophole. And if they are taking away assumed party perks (what has been available for years), they need to be dropping party ticket prices. I do agree with you about Disney needing to get the word out. It appears that the emails are being sent, but the "policy" isn't really being enforced (if it truly is policy). They need to say explicitly that 4-7 FP+ will not be allowed on a party ticket alone BEFORE they start selling high priced party tickets. It's too late to use the excuse that it isn't listed as something that comes with the party. It never has been, but it has always been allowed. So Disney uses that knowledge to drive party sales.

I got an email that my FP will be cancelled :(

My 2 FP are between 4 & 6:10 PM

I was told **I know CM's aren't always well informed** that I was able to make the FP using my party tickets.
Has anyone called and had success keeping their FP?
Do you just have the party ticket or are their other tickets on your account? If you got the email, then the FPs for the date they say is going to be cancelled will be cancelled. The problem if you have other tickets too is that the date of the cancelled FPs might not be your party FPs but your last day of FPs (which could be for any park). So look at your email closely to see what date's FPs are going to be cancelled. If it is a day other than your MNSSHP party, then you'll need to cancel out your party FPs yourself to save that last day of fps.

As for keeping party FPs, some have been able to delete theirs, wait a few days later and rebook FPs. Of course what you get will be based on availability at that point. Some have called Disney (might want to do this after the cancellation date) and had them give them back the FPs or they got anytime FPs added. But of course, this is not guaranteed but would be pixie dust.

Do you just have the party ticket or are their other tickets on your account? If you got the email, then the FPs for the date they say is going to be cancelled will be cancelled. The problem if you have other tickets too is that the date of the cancelled FPs might not be your party FPs but your last day of FPs (which could be for any park). So look at your email closely to see what date's FPs are going to be cancelled. If it is a day other than your MNSSHP party, then you'll need to cancel out your party FPs yourself to save that last day of fps.

As for keeping party FPs, some have been able to delete theirs, wait a few days later and rebook FPs. Of course what you get will be based on availability at that point. Some have called Disney (might want to do this after the cancellation date) and had them give them back the FPs or they got anytime FPs added. But of course, this is not guaranteed but would be pixie dust.

I have other tickets. And the email says they will cancel my last park day's tickets. This is silly b/c Disney clearly knows what day I'm attending the party.

I have other tickets. And the email says they will cancel my last park day's tickets. This is silly b/c Disney clearly knows what day I'm attending the party.
Ok, then you need to cancel your FPs for your party day or they are definitely going to cancel those last day's FPs. People have reported them being automatically cancelled after talking to Disney on the phone about it. Which is why I suggested waiting to rebook FPs or call Disney to get them back after that period has passed. The computer will delete those FPs automatically and those that have dealt with it have not had luck getting it stopped before it actually happens.

The last day makes sense..they really wouldn't want to pick a random day and it's much easier for all if they pick the same day (i.e. last day). We sorta already touched on this earlier in this thread.

Ok, then you need to cancel your FPs for your party day or they are definitely going to cancel those last day's FPs. People have reported them being automatically cancelled after talking to Disney on the phone about it. Which is why I suggested waiting to rebook FPs or call Disney to get them back after that period has passed. The computer will delete those FPs automatically and those that have dealt with it have not had luck getting it stopped before it actually happens.

Unless...your party FP+ are "higher priority" than your final day. You may have FoP at AK, which if so, you would certainly want to cancel your party tickets for now. But, if you don't have FoP, Frozen, or 7DMT booked on your final day (or really, any park day after your party), and you DO have 7DMT booked on your party day, it may be worth it to just let the final day be cancelled. Then, go back and rebook. Either immediately, or after your party date.

I agree.

They don't put the party food out until the day guests are gone. In fact, they close down counter service so they can set up. Why allow the party people to participate in the day guest's activities? Especially since things like fastpasses actually take away from the day guests.

Hopefully this is the first step in distinguishing between the two types of guests. I would rather that they close down the park at 4:30, then allow party guests to enter later. That way there is no overlap. It is so crowded just trying to get out of the park, if you try between 4 and 5. Our policy is to leave by 3:30.

Unless...your party FP+ are "higher priority" than your final day. You may have FoP at AK, which if so, you would certainly want to cancel your party tickets for now. But, if you don't have FoP, Frozen, or 7DMT booked on your final day (or really, any park day after your party), and you DO have 7DMT booked on your party day, it may be worth it to just let the final day be cancelled. Then, go back and rebook. Either immediately, or after your party date.
Great point!

The last day makes sense..they really wouldn't want to pick a random day and it's much easier for all if they pick the same day (i.e. last day). We sorta already touched on this earlier in this thread.

Seems like they should just cancel the party ticket FP but I suppose
I could be using my park tickets that day so...I thinknif they can catch it after the fact, they should figure out how to not allow it. When I made
My FP, I had made my party FP before using all my park tickets. The system knew I had used all my days. So I cancelled the party FP, made the rest of my days and then made FP for the party. The system should have too d me then I didn't have enough tickets like it did previously

This is what I'm debating. I have 7dmt for the party night but also another MK day as well.
So you think after the cancellation date passes, I'd be able to book FP for the last day again?

Seems like they should just cancel the party ticket FP but I suppose
I could be using my park tickets that day so...I thinknif they can catch it after the fact, they should figure out how to not allow it. When I made
My FP, I had made my party FP before using all my park tickets. The system knew I had used all my days. So I cancelled the party FP, made the rest of my days and then made FP for the party. The system should have too d me then I didn't have enough tickets like it did previously
If you were using your park day (as in you had equal number of park tickets for equal number of days you have FPs scheduled) you wouldn't have even gotten the e-mail since you would be using a park ticket to gain admittence into MK that day.

We did though talk about how we all wish the system would implement a hard block and disclaimer but as this is soooo new I'm guessing they are 1) testing the waters 2) figuring out how and what they want to do 3) how they want to notify the guest in the event that this will become the new norm for hard ticket events.

This is what I'm debating. I have 7dmt for the party night but also another MK day as well.
So you think after the cancellation date passes, I'd be able to book FP for the last day again?

You could certainly try. All that would happen is that it gets cancelled again. If nothing else, you would be able to book your final day again after your party with no issues.

Your last day of FP+ will be automatically deleted. Doesn't matter what the CMs day, it's automaticlaly done by the system.

If you have a valuable FP+ on your last day, you might as well delete your FP+ for your party day. If you don't care about your last day of FP+, then let the system delete it.

P.S. - What are your dates? Do you have a package with tickets or separate room and tickets? Did you make a change recently to your reservation?

Your last day of FP+ will be automatically deleted. Doesn't matter what the CMs day, it's automaticlaly done by the system.

If you have a valuable FP+ on your last day, you might as well delete your FP+ for your party day. If you don't care about your last day of FP+, then let the system delete it.

P.S. - What are your dates? Do you have a package with tickets or separate room and tickets? Did you make a change recently to your reservation?

My dates are 10/19-24
Separate room & tickets technically since it's booked through an agency that books conference/convention blocks.
I did not change my reservation recently. I did make a payment yesterday

My dates are 10/19-24
Separate room & tickets technically since it's booked through an agency that books conference/convention blocks.
I did not change my reservation recently. I did make a payment yesterday
Thanks! There really hasn't been much of a pattern to who gets these cancellation emails.

So I have a 3 day ticket and a MNSSHP ticket. We are attending the party our last day. I did book FP for the party. I have not received an email about cancelled fast passes yet. When are those emails coming after you book your fast passes? If they are going to cancel, would it be on the day Im attending the party?

So I have a 3 day ticket and a MNSSHP ticket. We are attending the party our last day. I did book FP for the party. I have not received an email about cancelled fast passes yet. When are those emails coming after you book your fast passes? If they are going to cancel, would it be on the day Im attending the party?
It seems to be pretty random. Some are getting it way in advance of their trip arrival after doing FPs, some days before, some the day of arrival, then some like me..not at all yet. I'm at 8 days till I arrive and have not gotten anything and all my FPs are still there. So no idea how or why certain people are getting these. So you may or may not have a problem. Just watch and wait is what most of us are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter