• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who else has moments when they still miss a loved one??

hugs to disneyfanatic60, I am sorry that today was hard for you.. I do agree, I would take more time with my Mom or Dad than any amount of money..

Please take care of yourself...........holidays are so difficult when you are missing family.

My Dad pssed away three years ago 2 days before his and Mom's 47th anniversary. We had all been at the nursing home (he was final stages of alzheimer's and only 65) It was as if he was saying good by. I was feeding him his dinner when he went into cardiac arrest. At first I thought he was choking and blamed myself but the doctors said that it was his heart. March is always a hard month to get through. The tears stil come although not as often. One song that that always brings them is Kenny Rogers' " Through the Years". Two of my nieces ahd sung it at my parent' 40th anniversary and again at his funeral. Wouldn't you know that every one of us 8 kids mention how often we heard that song on the radio between Mar. 14 & 16th this year. March 16 would have been anniverary number 50.

My aunt passed away 11 years ago in June, and just the other night I had a dream about her. It was very strange, everyone was telling me she was there, and I was trying to remind them that she had died, but she actually was there, I ran to her and hugged her so tight, I could actually feel her hugging me back. And she said not to worry that everything was fine. It was hard to wake up and remember that she is actually gone. I haven't even told anyone about the dream, because just thinking about it makes me cry. Sometimes I miss her like it was just yesterday that she died.

My grandpa died in July, I miss him terribly. I don't know if I'll ever miss him less. I've never met a more considerate, kind person and I doubt I ever will. I think about him all the time, I carry his picture with me also. I'm crying just writing this, so I'll stop now.

My Mom passed away on May 2, 2004. Words cannot tell you how very much I miss her. I was her oldest and only daughter and we were best of friends.

Today is a very hard day for me. She had Alzheimer's for almost 10 years. Easter Sunday was the last day I felt she "knew" I was with her and she responded. I will never, ever forget the feeling of her hand in mine as we walked the halls of the hospital. She held on to me as if to never want me to let go. It left a lasting impression on me. Tomorrow is her Birthday. She would have been 67.

My family is either out of town or working today so I'm spending my Easter alone. It's just making the day that much more difficult. Someone once asked me if I had the choice between a million dollars and having my Mom back with me for even one day which would I choose. The answer is just too obvious. I would do anything to have just one more minute, one more hour, one more day with her to tell her how very much I loved her and squeeze her hand tight!!!!!!!!

what an odd question and kind of rude...when husband's father died one of the first things out of one of his brother's mouth was about how much money they would get( it wasn't even a large amount, just a few thousand) ..who cares what kind of person cares more about money than their parent.:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

My aunt passed away 11 years ago in June, and just the other night I had a dream about her. It was very strange, everyone was telling me she was there, and I was trying to remind them that she had died, but she actually was there, I ran to her and hugged her so tight, I could actually feel her hugging me back. And she said not to worry that everything was fine. It was hard to wake up and remember that she is actually gone. I haven't even told anyone about the dream, because just thinking about it makes me cry. Sometimes I miss her like it was just yesterday that she died.
Aren't those dreams the best (and worst)? My Dad died very tragically July 26, 1989. (Isn't it sad how the exact date stays with you?) I still cry. He missed out on so much. He never met DH or his grandchildren. My boys talk about him a lot and ask lots of questions about him. He is their Papa Harold that lives in Heaven. I still have very vivid dreams about him. They always seem so real. Sometimes I wake up very sad, but other times I wake up feeling like I've had another day with him.

That my mom died of lung cancer that spread to the brain. The saddest part aside from her death was that they had gotten all the lung cancer out and she was on her way to recovery when they thought she had a stroke , turns out it had spread to her brain.

She was diagnosed the with lung cancer in February of 2001 she waited to tell all of us kids until April so she would have all the information. When she was going through treatment they told her that she would probably only live for about 2 years. That was devastating.

She lived in Iowa and I live in Virginia I got to go spend time with her twice once right after she was diagnosed and right before she died. I talked to her almost every day and that has been one of the hardest things, like one poster said before ,I was doing something about 2 months after she died and went to call her but I couldn't and I got hysterical.

I used to call her and my step dads number when i knew he wasn't home so I could hear her voice one more time. It bothers me that she will never truly know her grandchildren my youngest was 10 months old when she died, but she at least got to see him .

The day she died I was in my car backing out of the driveway when my husband said your mom wants to talk to you and I rememeber telling him I would call her when I got back from getting groceries, he went back in the house and I started to back out again and then he came running to the car as I was in the street to tell me she was gone and i didn't understand him at first then it sunk in all i could do was scream, I never got the chance to truly say goodbye to her and it still hurts, I know she loved me and I know she knows I love her but it Was/is very hard.

She loved country music and afterwards I couldn't listen to it at all , everytime I tried I would cry because inevitably one of her songs would come on and it's hard to drive if you can't see.

One of her favorites was Lorrie Morgans "Something in Red" , now i listen every now and then and it has gotten a tiny bit better, but not much,my heart still hurts a lot , I did start talking to her ( no I am not insane i just talk to the air and so far nothing has answered back, which is good cause I'd probably pee my pants)

I feel like she is watching over us and that good. Sorry I was all over with this but it still feels like it was last year not 6 years. I have hope that it will get easier with time.

My father died last June. We had never really been close. I had a lot of resentment and he just wasn't a good father. But we had been working on getting to know each other. We would send each other cards and I would send pics of my kids. I lived 8 hours away and was on vacation so I didn't hear he had died until 2 days after the fact. I knew the minute my phone rang. I had a dream two weeks before hand that he was going to die, I just thought at the time it was a weird dream. After I heard the news I felt so guilty, like I could have stopped it, if only I had called him.

He died while riding his motorcycle and I kept telling DH and my aunt (dad's sister) if only I had called him and said something. But when we got the autopsy report back it said he died of a brain anerysium (sp) He would have died anywhere no matter what. My aunt says it was God's way of preparing me. Who knows, I just know I'm glad we had repaired our relationship some. His death also convinced me to move back to my hometown. Sometimes it is like I can feel him standing next to me with his hand on my shoulder.

I still have some of his ashes and my aunt and I are planning a trip to Ireland next year. I want to release them at the cliffs of moor.

That my mom died of lung cancer that spread to the brain. The saddest part aside from her death was that they had gotten all the lung cancer out and she was on her way to recovery when they thought she had a stroke , turns out it had spread to her brain.

She was diagnosed the with lung cancer in February of 2001 she waited to tell all of us kids until April so she would have all the information. When she was going through treatment they told her that she would probably only live for about 2 years. That was devastating.

She lived in Iowa and I live in Virginia I got to go spend time with her twice once right after she was diagnosed and right before she died. I talked to her almost every day and that has been one of the hardest things, like one poster said before ,I was doing something about 2 months after she died and went to call her but I couldn't and I got hysterical.

I used to call her and my step dads number when i knew he wasn't home so I could hear her voice one more time. It bothers me that she will never truly know her grandchildren my youngest was 10 months old when she died, but she at least got to see him .

The day she died I was in my car backing out of the driveway when my husband said your mom wants to talk to you and I rememeber telling him I would call her when I got back from getting groceries, he went back in the house and I started to back out again and then he came running to the car as I was in the street to tell me she was gone and i didn't understand him at first then it sunk in all i could do was scream, I never got the chance to truly say goodbye to her and it still hurts, I know she loved me and I know she knows I love her but it Was/is very hard.

She loved country music and afterwards I couldn't listen to it at all , everytime I tried I would cry because inevitably one of her songs would come on and it's hard to drive if you can't see.

One of her favorites was Lorrie Morgans "Something in Red" , now i listen every now and then and it has gotten a tiny bit better, but not much,my heart still hurts a lot , I did start talking to her ( no I am not insane i just talk to the air and so far nothing has answered back, which is good cause I'd probably pee my pants)

I feel like she is watching over us and that good. Sorry I was all over with this but it still feels like it was last year not 6 years. I have hope that it will get easier with time.

My mom passed away almost 4 months ago. The first time I called my dad when he wasn't home, and I heard my mom's voice on the answering machine, it was a shock. But since then I have been like you, and call when I know he's not home just to hear her voice. It's comforting. It's going to be a rough couple of weeks for us; her birthday is Saturday, the following Sunday my daughter graduates from college and it is my parents' anniversay, and the following Sunday is Mother's Day. It is so hard to lose your mom, and I didn't truly understand it until mine passed away. I send you lots of :grouphug: and prayers.

. I send you lots of :grouphug: and prayers.[/QUOTE]

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I am so sorry for your loss, and I do know how you feel. Just take each day as it comes . :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

It has been 10 years since my Mom passed and there are still many many things that bring her back to me and I miss her. One was our trip in February to Hawaii. I had gone with my Mom back in 1988 and while she always wanted to go back she never made it. Then this weekend I ran into a girl I worked with at my last job. One of the first things she did was ask about my Mom and I realized she hadn't heard.

When my Mom was sick we bought her a brick down at Disney and it is at the Poly which was her favorite resort. We always try and visit it when we are down there. I have so many happy memories of my Mom at Disney which I think is still why it is one of my favorite destinations.

I lost my best friend to cancer in January 06...I still cry for her. It didn't get better, it got worse. Most of the time I"m fine but when I'm not....I'm inconsolable. It's tough.

Today is a year since a friend of ours passed away..Alyssa was only 16 years old. We met her in January on a cruise and she passed away May 4..we didnt know her long, but she made such an impact in our lives. I miss her all the time, but the pain is less than it was...I cant stop myself from crying when i hear "she will be loved" by maroon 5 ("her" song), When i get where im going (i turned on cmt after i found out she died because i was home alone and the silence was killing me, and this song was on)..and rascal flatts 'Skin' and what hurts the most (Alyssa and i were in the car when she came to visit and she was singing this song--she even said "this will be hard to listen to when i die"

sorry so long ...i guess i just had to talk about her tonight

I just said to DH today that I can't believe after almost 10 years I still miss my brother so much. I must say though, there are fewer and fewer days. Just every once and a great while I really miss his laugh. Today was one of them.

Happy memories to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter