Who do you use to book your Walt Disney World Holiday and a few other questions!

We went in 2014 and did a split stay, wdw and cabana bay, this was mostly due to in 2012 we went to WDW for 8 nights and found that we just didn't fit enough in and the kids would get grumpy and I would get cranky because I knew (went years before kids) there was so much more to see and do. In the end I had to put my hands up in the air and go with the flow and accept we just would not see and do everything that WDW had to offer. Luckily my DH (who had never wanted to go and hated traveling) decided that we would come back but this time for longer, so we planned a bigger trip in 2014, this included 1 week at cabana bay - we loved it there, they have movies by the pool each night, and loved the lazy river, we found the whole stay excellent and look forward to going back and staying there, it was the kids favourite place to stay.

We did 4 weeks in WDW (but that included a 4 night disney cruise in the middle) We travelled with 4 young teens and tweens so it was a bit different but found that they got tired easier and wanted more rest time, we made it every third day was a rest day where we had nothing planned at all - we ended up doing some stuff on those days but it was nice to know we could do nothing if we wanted too. The kids enjoyed days just lazing around the hotel or a quick trip to the shops. I think its really important to have those rest days. It made a big difference to our holiday.

I booked everything myself online except for the cruise. First trip we had the free dining which was amazing - the time of year you are going it will be very likely that it will be available. the second time we went we booked our accomm through DVC points which made it affordable for us to stay as long as we did - plus with 6 of use we needed a villa which gave us a kitched so we could get groceries delivered which also kept costs down. We didn't do the dining plan then because it didn't come free, but DH has said that next visit we will purchase that because it was just more convenient.

There are so many hints and discounts for things available on the internet, just keep searching and reading different forums and you will be amazed how you can find some tricks to lessen the stress and expense of your WDW holiday.

Highly recommend the halloweeen party, went both trips and second time only 2 kids wanted to go, they preferred hanging out at the pool relaxing, I took the older girls and myself and we had a blast. I would go without kids - much more fun - and I was the one out of all of us going, 'come on - lets line up for trick a treat - or look another trick or treat post' haha

When we stayed at cabana bay we did the outlets, sea world, discovery cove (highly recommend - best day ever!) It was cheaper to get taxi's etc around at that area of town than when staying on Disney property.

I have not stayed at the All stars but one of our down days was spent resort hopping and we stopped and had a look around, it looked nice, it was busy but not horrible busy if you get what I mean. As far as I am concerned its a Disney holiday and nothing beats that.

Now my children are all doing HSC etc we have put our Disney holidays on hold - waiting for the new lands to open - we now spend our holidays cruising, but I cant wait to get back there, you will have an amazing time.

Thanks for your post. We are really excited about this trip. We have been to Disneyland twice and loved it and this is our first visit to WDW. We would have loved to go for longer but due to work commitments we could only swing 2 weeks. At least if we don't get to do everything we have a good excuse to go back again :rolleyes1. We will definitely be doing a halloween party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!