Which Restaurant Would You Pick For Fantasmic

Dreamin' Disney

Pirate Princess
I have a PS for 3:40 on our first day at Mama Melrose and I have a PS for 4:40 on our second day at Hollywood & Vine. Having trouble trying to decide which one is best.

We've ruled out Brown Derby due to limited menu choices for the kids.

I have three kids, ages 8, 12 and 15 and my nieces/nephews are 13, 15 and 19. There will be 12 of us in total.

We originally were planning to go to MGM on our second day, but would prefer to eat at Mama's, but I don't like the day or time.

What would you do?

I would stick with MM just because its one of my favorite WDW restaurants. However I would keep trying back as the dates gets closer. They seem to release more times about a month in advance so you still may have some luck.

We enjoyed H&V for our FDP, but we've never been to MM so I really can't compare them. Whichever you choose, I agree with CamColt about trying for a later dining time when you get within a month of your visit. They release later times sometime within that month. For our visit in June, it was about 3 weeks out from our date. It seems to vary between 2 weeks to just about a month.

Happy planning!

We've only eaten at H&V because its the cheapest and we do enjoy buffets...and we have little ones. I prefer buffets with little ones.

Good luck deciding.

We've done both - I think we both prefer the buffet. The atmosphere is not the greatest, but there is something for everyone. Seems everytime we go to MM we are disappointed in something. Good luck with your decision!

we really enjoyed the buffet at H&V... and i would think w/a group of that size, buffet is the way to go... there's something for everyone, and the time is better...

ENJOY!

I've been to MM where it's kind like a casual Italian restaurant. It was dark but cozy inside with booths and red-checkered curtains.
But with our group of 6 kids and 6 adults, I am leaning toward H&V because of the food options with the buffet as opposed to limited choices with MM.

I've only seen the pictures of H&V on the Disney website and it seems kind of like a 1950's diner. Is it like a noisy cafeteria?

I'm not necessarily looking for a quiet romantic dinner, but if we choose H&V, I still want it to be somewhat comfortable, relaxing with good food and to enjoy a break from the parks before we head out to Fantasmic.

i did not find it to be noisy (neither did the sleeping girl at the next table apparently!), nor hectic , but i will say that the booth-like seats (bench on one side chairs on the other) were a bit inconvenient for whomever sat there if the person on the inside wanted to hit the buffet or rest room... we liked it better when we had a regular table!

I find H&V cold and uninviting. The steel chairs aren't comfortable at all.

I have eaten at H&V twice in order to give them a fair chance but won't be returning.

We are trying out Mama Melrose's this year and hope to have a much better experience.

We've eaten at all three (H&V, MM, BD) and I would actually suggest you reconsider Brown Derby.

Mama's was a great meal, but we really had to hoof it to Fantasmic after dinner - it couldn't be farther away. If you PS time is early enough, I suppose that might not be an issue, but it was tough making our way through the crowds in time.

H&V I found to be a pleasant surprise food-wise. It was very high quality for a buffet, with some interesting things. However, I also agree with other poster that atmosphere is a bit lacking.

Finally, we loved the Brown Derby. Great location, great atmosphere, and great food. We took our 4 and 6 year old daughters, and they loved it.

I think we will decide on H&V because it is a later time and it's the day we want to be at MGM anyways.

Also, since there are 6 adults and 6 kids, the buffet will probably be a better choice. Plus a little less expensive than the other options.

I don't mind paying the extra at MM or BD, but we have lots of other great dinners meals planned like Teppanyaki, 1900 Park Fare, Spoodles, Flying Fish and California Grill. Plus we just got a PS for Princess Storybook Breakfast, since they have extended their seating times!

Whichever restaurant is chosen, I think the Fantasmic Dinner Package is a great idea. We can get a meal, recharge our batteries and get guaranteed seats for the show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter