Which Plaza Inn breakfast time?

Nickarooney

Mouseketeer
I have reservations at Plaza Inn at 9:10AM for my birthday on Feb. 4. I also snagged a 10:40AM reservation this morning. I need to decide which one to cancel so someone else can have it. Which time would be better?

The park opens at 8AM that day. We will be spending EMH at DCA from 7-8 before heading over. I thought the 10:40AM ressie would give us a chance to get more rides in before the park got really busy, but does that time cut down on your experience of the character breakfast since it only runs until 11AM? TIA!

We have done the character breakfast here several times, a few of them we had the very first reservation time of the day and a few were later in the morning, after putting in some park time and enjoying our magic morning. We have not had a bad experience for either times.

We typically do 10:30 or 10:40 because we don't like to miss that prime morning time while the lines are short. We have always had a good experience at that time. We have always seen lots of characters. We have never felt like we missed anything because we were there later.

I say the 1040. Get a bunch of rides done while the park is the least crowded and then have a late breakfast/brunch to keep you fueled for another round of ride.. then eat late lunch/early dinner when the park is most crowded.

We're planning on doing the same. I can't book our Plaza Inn reservation yet, but we plan to have a breakfast in the room, then get the latest reservation and have brunch. :)

We did 1030 and it felt like they made an extra effort to get around to us. Even as we were leaving, characters hung back and spent a few mins with the girls again on their way out

Oh we were there for over an hour. They did let us know when they were about to start packing away the breakfast buffet and invited us to grab a few plates to take back to the table.

We ended up having a late breakfast and stayed till the restaurant did the switch over to lunch. There was hardly anyone else eating when we did, and the characters made multiple trips to our table and we saw everyone we had noticed circling an hour earlier when we started. We had 3 or 4 characters in our area at a time, and they were playing tricks on each other and the staff. It was the best experience we've ever had at Plaza Inn.

We ended up having a late breakfast and stayed till the restaurant did the switch over to lunch. There was hardly anyone else eating when we did, and the characters made multiple trips to our table and we saw everyone we had noticed circling an hour earlier when we started. We had 3 or 4 characters in our area at a time, and they were playing tricks on each other and the staff. It was the best experience we've ever had at Plaza Inn.
What time did you do that? I'm always hesitant to go too late, but this really has me wanting to give it a try next time.

10:40 is awesome. As the breakfast crowd starts to clear out, you get some really fabulous character interactions, including characters from different universes (e.g. Dale and Captain Hook) interacting. It's super-fun! We've never been rushed, and the only time we missed a character was when Fairy Godmother had to go to her scheduled appearance at the Castle.

What time did you do that? I'm always hesitant to go too late, but this really has me wanting to give it a try next time.

Sorry the reply took a bit. I had to go back and look at the pictures We entered our breakfast at 10:47am and our last character photo was taking at 11:45am. I almost don't believe it was that late. But it must have been because you can make reservations up until 11:00am for the last seating. It usually takes us about an hour for a character breakfast buffet so that seems just about right.
They didn't ever kick us out. We sat there until a little after 12:00pm when the lunch crowds were walking in with their food.

Hope that helps.

Sorry the reply took a bit. I had to go back and look at the pictures We entered our breakfast at 10:47am and our last character photo was taking at 11:45am. I almost don't believe it was that late. But it must have been because you can make reservations up until 11:00am for the last seating. It usually takes us about an hour for a character breakfast buffet so that seems just about right.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! I think we'll try that on our next trip.

we did 10:40 a couple trips ago, and it was totally fine. In fact, we were some of the last people left so the characters were bored and were visiting 2-3 times.

They didn't ever kick us out. We sat there until a little after 12:00pm when the lunch crowds were walking in with their food.

Hope that helps.

Do you remember when they stopped serving food? We have a reservation for 10:30 tomorrow and I'm treating it more as an early lunch. So hoping to draw out the eating of the food as long as possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter