Which personal fan/water mister would you recommend?

KKMartinmom

Earning My Ears
I really struggle with the heat at amusement parks. Which personal fan or water mister would you recommend that I purchase for our upcoming Disney trip? Which one is the best for cooling? About how long of a battery life does it have?

Not sure if this is the wrong place to post this question or if no one has used a personal handheld fan or cooling device that they would recommend. Can someone direct me to the proper place to post this? Thanks!

I haven't found one that works for me. Our next trip I'll just stick with a small spray bottle, and also asking for ice water at quick service counters.

https://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Carab...pID=41dFhzh-aSL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

We use these. We bought ours at Walmart for around 3 bucks each. The kids each wore their own fan on lanyards and used them quite a bit on our 12 day trip. I only remember changing the batteries once. They don't hold too much water, but are easily refilled.
I was going to recommend this exact same one! Very lightweight and small. I would consider switching out the plastic carabineer they provided with a proper metal one, because the plastic could easily break. Also, I did find that my batteries ran out quicker, so its possible the fan would get turned on when it wasn't being used, so I would recommend taking out batteries overnight.

I really struggle with the heat at amusement parks. Which personal fan or water mister would you recommend that I purchase for our upcoming Disney trip? Which one is the best for cooling? About how long of a battery life does it have?

I found a smaller disney fan/mister at walmart.com for $9 each. They are $22 in the park.

We’ve never used portable fans/ misters but are thinking about purchasing them for our August trip. How much of a difference do they make and are they heavy or uncomfortable for a 6 or 8 year old (or adult lol) to wear?

I hate carrying them around, but they really do feel nice when it gets really hot (as long as you keep the water cool). I have MS and find warm temperatures to be an issue. I couldn't go without a fan of some type. Musters are the best on the really hot days.

This is my favorite: https://www.amazon.com/D-FantiX-Portable-Operated-Personal-Rechargeable/dp/B01DNB06JC

Not a mister, but I've found the misters just make the humidity feel worse. I love that this is rechargeable, so no need to worry about batteries. We just charge it up every night. It has a few different settings, all of which are powerful. It's not the most compact, but it fits comfortably in my park bag.

I was going to suggest this fan. I think it works very well. The battery seems to last a long time, even on the highest setting. So much more powerful than the other smaller fans I have used.

I have a hard time with the heat and I have hot flashes all the time. This fan is always with me!

I like a small one using rechargeable batteries, carrying extra charged batteries. The large ones sold in the park are too bulky , unless you are pushing a stroller around, or have a large backpack. That's my personal preference. I can't remember if we got it at Walmart, CVS, or Target.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!