• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Park This Year?

mommyx2

Not Far From the Arch
Okay, here's the deal. Last year we (dh, 8 yo & 5 yo) visited Magic Kingdom and Sea World. In 5 short weeks, we will be returning. The kids really want to visit MK again, but this year we will skip Sea World and visit another Disney park. Any suggestions which park would be best? Again, my children are eight and five.

BTW we booked Cypress Harbour again. LOVE THAT PLACE!

Thanks!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Our next favorite park is AK, but it closes early and doesn't have a late show - so it may not be as good for you. We usually have hoppers, so we can then "hop" to Epcot for the evening.

Which is an idea.... If you went last year and will go again, buy minimum hoppers - they don't expire and will allow you to hop parks. Epcot is usually open later. You can do MK, then if your kids are up to it, stop by Epcot, do AK, then finish your day at Epcot again.

Our least favorite is MGM - but lots of people like that.

Thanks crisi!!! I will look into it!!! Also considering Universal, but havent done any homework yet. I dont know a whole lot about it.

Thanks again.

I have 8 & 5 yr. old DS's and if they had to pick 2 parks they say MK and Typhoon Lagoon. Next choice is AK. JMHO

After MK, my girls at 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 loved MGM. They saw the most characters there, and loved the shows, including Fantasmic. Their daddy and I LOVED Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster. At AK they loved the Safari and Tough to Be a Bug, but that's about it. They weren't real interested in Epcot, either.
Or, if they really love MK, you might consider doing two days there; it really takes at least that to do everything. I'm pretty sure that, if we had only two days they would have chosen both days at MK rather than one day there and one day at any of the other parks.
In case you don't know it, there is a Universal Studios board here as well. You may want to look into those parks. If your kids are Nickelodeon fans like mine are, US now has Jimmy Neutron's Nicktune Blast, as well as tours of Nickelodeon Studios and sometimes, Slime Time Live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter