Which OC beach for infant & senior?

94bruin

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of staying a few days on the beach after we visit DL. What beaches are easy to access and have a calm surf? We'll have my parents (in their upper 60s/mid 70s) and a 4 yo & infant.

I found a VRBO condo in Dana point. Any comments on accessibility of the Dana Point beach?

I just read the VRBO listing, and it says that they are close to Salt Creek Beach - that you have to take steps down - are these steep steps?

I'm not familiar with that exact beach, but I'd guess based on the area, yes they probably are.

If you're looking for something easily accessible, Laguna Beach is good.

Haven't been there for a few years, but Salt Creek Beach was lovely - kind of private. Should be calmer waves there because of the cove-like setting. Near the Ritz Carlton too, which is lovely to walk around. I do think there are some steps down to the beach.

Dana Point has a nice marina area with restaurants and shops as well.

It looks like there may be transportation available if your folks have a handicap permit:
http://www.ocparks.com/Saltcreekbeach/default.asp?Show=parkamenities

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter