Which nationalities visit DLP?

rob@rar.org.uk

Skiing is best, Mickey comes next
Bit of a rhetorical question, because the answer was recently published in Euro Disney's annual report for 2004. Visitors come from the following countries:

France - 40%
UK - 19%
Netherlands - 9%
Spain - 8%
Belgium/Netherlands - 7%
Germany - 6%
Italy - 3%
others - 8%

I'm surprised that the figure for visitors from Germany is quite low; there always seems to be lots of Germans visiting when I'm at DLP.

Regards

Rob

That's interesting, thanks for posting! :) I agree with you though, there always have seemed to be a lot of Germans at Disneyland when we've been in the past. Perhaps the small number of Germans go at the same time as all the Brits?! Hehe.

When we visited we were surrounded by very lively, friendly spanish youngsters one day. They were singing to each other across queues and were very visible because they were dressed in bright colours.
I thought that the percentages would be more even, but perhaps easy journeys make all the difference to how often people are able to visit. I know many people here in the south east who visit Disneyland at least annually, whereas some of my family in Wales and northern England have never visited.
Thanks for posting - I find statistics interesting.
Regards
Rosie

I think if I lived in the South East I would go at least twice a year especially with Eurostar so close.

It is a bit more difficult from South Wales.
Although we could fly from Cardiff / Bristol to CDG. I don't like the rush for the airport bus ( or should I say Stampede by french, Germans or both ) when it's time to leave the hotel. Who needs to go and see Buffalo Bill ? The Brits are like sitting ducks, certainly no match for our European cousins in the who can get on the bus first stakes, and Oh we are so innocent.

We used the VEA bus from the airport on our first visit to DLP staying at the Newport Bay,(in June) The journey from the airport to the hotel was fine.Going from the Nwport Bay to the airport was another story. We learnt too late that it is only the Brits who queue ! LOL We were second at the bus stop ahead of us were a couple with three small children, while we were waiting a fair number of other people / children arrived A while later so did the bus ( looking back now we can laugh about it but we were not very amused at the time ) to say that people piled on is an understatement ! At the end of the "free for all " the bus being fully loaded drove away, leaving us and the poor couple with the three small childen ( and a few others) all BRITS still standing (just) at the bus stop !! Our faces must have been a picture ! I imagine if someone had been videoing the scene it would have been a great video to send to "Kirsty's Home Videos "

So we will use Eurostar this time but face a long drive to get to Ashford.
Just as difficult to go from Waterloo in my opinion

wilki32 said:
Isn't that because they're at the pool first!!! :rotfl:

sorry couldn't resist.

hehe, i´ve never been a the pool :rotfl:

But it really seams that the the UK and Germans have holidays at the same time :-)

The people I notice most are the spanish when coming with there whole family.

Greets Renate :wizard:

way back in 1995, I met a family who were visiting from Luxemburg. I'd never met anyone from there before and I probably may not again.

I would have expected France to be higher! The Netherlands is a lot higher than I would have expected.

UK is about what I would have guessed.

Very interesting Rob, thank you for posting this.

Interesting...I thought Spain and Italy would both be higher, especially Spain. I felt like I was practicing my Spanish a lot when I was there.

I was reading the Brits guide to DLP 04/05 last night, so i would imagine the data is from 03, it said the UK percentage was 23%. Does that mean less people from the uk are going?
Anthony

wilki32 said:
I was reading the Brits guide to DLP 04/05 last night, so i would imagine the data is from 03, it said the UK percentage was 23%. Does that mean less people from the uk are going?
Anthony

I suppose it could mean that more people from other countries are visiting DLP. A couple of years ago there was a big marketing push from DLP in the Belelux countries and in Germany to try and increase the number of visitors from those countries, so perhaps that strategy worked?

Regards

Rob

when we went there seemed to be mostly French and Belgian judging from the car number plates although I did ride the Indian Jones ride with some German girls. We were probably the only Australians there, not many people I know have been to DLP (which most people still call Eurodisney here) compared to California or Florida.

Germany and Spain both seem to have been well represented on our recent trip.

Reid

These numbers seemed about right to me. I saw (heard) very few English speakers when I was there and only one other American family. I don't know anyone else who's ever been there. I go to WDW a few times a year and I'm a big pin trader. I have one page in my pin book that is exclusively pins I traded with CMs in Paris. People who enquire about those pins always seem so amazed that I've actually been to DLP. I always tell them that you should experience it once and that it is only 6 hours from the east coast but they always blow it off. For most Americans it might as well be on Mars. I really want to go to Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea but the flight from Boston is about triple what it costs to go to Paris.

Michael623 said:
These numbers seemed about right to me. I saw (heard) very few English speakers when I was there and only one other American family. I don't know anyone else who's ever been there. I go to WDW a few times a year and I'm a big pin trader. I have one page in my pin book that is exclusively pins I traded with CMs in Paris. People who enquire about those pins always seem so amazed that I've actually been to DLP. I always tell them that you should experience it once and that it is only 6 hours from the east coast but they always blow it off. For most Americans it might as well be on Mars. I really want to go to Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea but the flight from Boston is about triple what it costs to go to Paris.
Hooray, I'm not the only American interested in DLRP! And not even the only Bostonian -- were you at the Rainforest Cafe meet, by any chance?

I'll be there for the first time in about a month. It'll be my second time in Paris, and my first at DLRP. DLRP's not the main reason we're going to Paris, but it doesn't hurt! I can't wait to see the castle, and I'm glad we're staying on property (Hotel Cheyenne), even just for one night.

I'm a pin trader too, and I'm really looking forward to doing some trading there. I've been to DL/Tokyo, but wasn't into pins at the time and now I kick myself for not buying any.

I was at DL/Anaheim a couple days recently, and noticed a lot of "EuroDisney" pins on CM lanyards. I'm guessing this was related to the cross-pollenization they seem to be shooting for with the DL 50th anniversary.

Michael623 said:
I saw (heard) very few English speakers when I was there and only one other American family.
That was probably us.

Woody
Los Angeles, California

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter